Call for Artists
Project Title: “Island Girls: The Female Figurative”
Project Overview: 720 Creation Station, an Artist studio based in Hoboken NJ is selecting art to be exhibited for a month long exhibition in the 58 Coles Gallery of Jersey City, NJ. The qualification is that the art must be based on the female figure. Styles can include painting, photography, sculpture and various other medium. There are 10 spaces in total. Opening of the exhibition is scheduled for October 13th as part of the 2012 Jersey City Artist Studio Tour. The show will conclude November 9th, 2012. All submissions will be reviewed by the host curator.
Submission Deadline: To be considered, all submissions must be accepted via email to IslandGirls58@gmail.com, no later than 5pm EST, August 10th, 2012. All approved artists will be notified no later than August 17th, 2012.
Project Background: “Island Girls” looks to continue in the gallery’s tradition of displaying examples of artistic excellence. 58 Coles has come to represent a bookend of the arts in Jersey City, and this show represents a significant re-emergence on the cultural scene.
Location: The Gallery space is located at 58 Coles St, Jersey City, NJ.
Timeline: Art is to be dropped off the week preceding the opening. All art is to be picked up in the week concluding the show.
● The opening of the exhibition is scheduled for October 13th as part of the 2012 Jersey City Artist Studio Tour.
● The show will conclude November 9th, 2012.
Criteria: All types of art will be considered including sculpture, painting, photography and/or wood cut. All approved artists will be asked to pay $20 (goes to Promotion and Catering).
Applications: The selection will be based on the following criteria
● Artistic Quality
○ Excellence in capturing female figurative quality, demonstrating a level of detail for close examination.
● Value: The quality and scope of the work in relation to sales price.
Please include the following with your email interest to be part of the show.
- Letter of interest (within the body of email). The letter should address how your work is connected to the theme of the project.
- Four digital images of work to be considered. Each artist will have one selected piece for the exhibition.
- A current artist’s resume- Include all shows in past decade.
- Description of techniques and materials.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Interview with Peter Frank, an art critic for the Huffington Post and formerly for LA Weekly, Village Voice and SoHo… »
- Welcome to the Last WHITNEY Gala Dinner - BFA (photo credit - Billy Farrell) The Whitney Museum of American Art is closing… »
- The Yard hosts the charity art event Curator Gregory de la Haba Jamie Martinez and his work at the event Art +… »
- Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Arte Povera… »
- Some serious wall art that makes you smile. Left to right: “Doe” by Kristen Leonard, “Absens” by Monique Mantell,… »
- Henry Cole (drums), Miguel Zenon (alto sax), Luis Perdomo (piano), Hans Glawischnig (bass)Photo credit: Braithwaite &… »
- Birthday, DETAIL, mixed media sculpture, 18” x 36” x 9”, 2004 (solid industrial grade velvet cement, steel… »
- The man in black Johnny Cash Wall to wall attendees at HASTED KRAEUTLER Portraits have come a long way. Painting your… »
- Mulberry Street where art and fashion meet at Something in Mind The photography of Olya Turcihin at SIM Close up of… »
- The work of Tom Martin for his show (Filthy) Lucre O Come All Ye Faithful to Art Night in Chelsea De Buck Gallery… »