Call for Artists
Project Title: “Island Girls: The Female Figurative”
Project Overview: 720 Creation Station, an Artist studio based in Hoboken NJ is selecting art to be exhibited for a month long exhibition in the 58 Coles Gallery of Jersey City, NJ. The qualification is that the art must be based on the female figure. Styles can include painting, photography, sculpture and various other medium. There are 10 spaces in total. Opening of the exhibition is scheduled for October 13th as part of the 2012 Jersey City Artist Studio Tour. The show will conclude November 9th, 2012. All submissions will be reviewed by the host curator.
Submission Deadline: To be considered, all submissions must be accepted via email to IslandGirls58@gmail.com, no later than 5pm EST, August 10th, 2012. All approved artists will be notified no later than August 17th, 2012.
Project Background: “Island Girls” looks to continue in the gallery’s tradition of displaying examples of artistic excellence. 58 Coles has come to represent a bookend of the arts in Jersey City, and this show represents a significant re-emergence on the cultural scene.
Location: The Gallery space is located at 58 Coles St, Jersey City, NJ.
Timeline: Art is to be dropped off the week preceding the opening. All art is to be picked up in the week concluding the show.
● The opening of the exhibition is scheduled for October 13th as part of the 2012 Jersey City Artist Studio Tour.
● The show will conclude November 9th, 2012.
Criteria: All types of art will be considered including sculpture, painting, photography and/or wood cut. All approved artists will be asked to pay $20 (goes to Promotion and Catering).
Applications: The selection will be based on the following criteria
● Artistic Quality
○ Excellence in capturing female figurative quality, demonstrating a level of detail for close examination.
● Value: The quality and scope of the work in relation to sales price.
Please include the following with your email interest to be part of the show.
- Letter of interest (within the body of email). The letter should address how your work is connected to the theme of the project.
- Four digital images of work to be considered. Each artist will have one selected piece for the exhibition.
- A current artist’s resume- Include all shows in past decade.
- Description of techniques and materials.
- MAVI ANNOUNCES “WHAT’S YOUR BROOKLYN” ART COMPETITION
- Art Triumphed After All
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- CALL 4 ARTISTS – NEW YORK ART FAIR
- Featured artist Lou Patrou
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »