“I don’t want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.” – The famous oft quoted line by Groucho Marx comes to mind when we hear of any exclusive and chic members only venues in secret pockets of the city. But when you get an invite to a private [...]
Working Toward Greater Public Engagement in the Arts, Adam Gross Continues to Serve the Los Angeles Art Community as Executive Director of 2012 Edition of Art Platform — Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES — Adam Gross will continue to serve in his role as Executive Director of Art Platform — Los Angeles for the second [...]
Reflections is a site specific installation with a mirror foil strip on eye height wrapped around the gallery. A video loop with photographs and sound is projected on the mirror foil. The video projection bounces off the mirror foil and reflects on the white wall. The reflections on the white wall are chance operated and are creating [...]
Nearly over a year in the making, the Subway Series is coming into fruition with an original visual voice about the lifeline of New York Transportation and its importance to the millions of habitants that migrate to this megalopolis to pursue the materialization of their dreams and successes.
In this new series Hans Wolf Art [...]
Orchard Windows Gallery is pleased to present Shifting Perception, a solo show of drawings by Colleen Blackard. This exhibition will be on display from August 13th-20th, 2012.
Opening Reception: Tuesday, August 14th, 2012, 6-9PM
Shifting Perception highlights the importance [...]
“I am woman, hear me roar. In numbers too big to ignore…” Helen Reddy released this anthem of the feminist movement in August of 1971. Now it’s 2012 – July 19that SOHO20 Chelsea Gallery on 27th Street that it numbered to more than 200 artists that were featured at the BACKLASH show. Arte Fuse knew it [...]
Fitting within Fountain’s penchant for all things street and guerrilla, we are thrilled to partner with Kingbrown to launch their 8th issue, co-curated and designed by Morning Breath, at New York’sKlughaus gallery. Opening to the public July 26th, 2012 from 7-10pm, Klughaus Gallery: 47 Monroe Street NYC, NY. Featuring live painting, [...]
Curated by arts scholar Elizabeth Rogers, who has lived and studied throughout Asia with mostly the last decade in India, this exhibition features the work of three photographers and one videographer in an exploration of the interplay between East and West, the spiritual and material, human culture and natural terrain. Photography by Robert A. Schaefer, [...]
On Stellar Rays is pleased to announce Brody Condon’s solo exhibition To prove her zeal one woman ate mud., featuring a two-channel HD video installation commissioned by The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, on view July 15, 2012 – February 24, 2013.
Brody Condon’s work addresses the over-identification with fantasy prevalent in American culture. With [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »
- Rima Fujita, Avidya, 68x58 inches; mixed media on canvas Michela Martello, me on, work in progress for the installation,… »
- Karen Fitzgerald, The Shy Moon, 2013 Karen Fitzgerald, Idir Eathara, 2012 The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present… »
- The great Vito Acconci let us into his studio in Dumbo (Brooklyn) for a conversation. During which he went over his history… »
- Garis & Hahn Gallery on the Bowery Artist Julien Levy taking a moment to check phone messages of… »
- Post To My Wall is FUN Downtown Casual Cool for reception of Alex Kelleher Alex Kelleher at his reception in Sohotel… »
- What if Abbie Hoffman had been cryogenically frozen after his suicide in 1989 and was then brought back to life again… »
- Federico Infante, Toward The Sun, 2014, Acrylic on Canvas, 47¾" x 99" The Bertrand Delacroix Gallery in Chelsea is… »
- Blue Mountain Gallery is currently presenting a series of oil paintings, Along the Bay, by Barbara Segal. Segal is a native… »
- A Dada-inspired artist, Johannes Baader, once ran into a church in Germany and yelled: “Jesus is a sausage!” I am… »