“I don’t want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.” – The famous oft quoted line by Groucho Marx comes to mind when we hear of any exclusive and chic members only venues in secret pockets of the city. But when you get an invite to a private [...]
Working Toward Greater Public Engagement in the Arts, Adam Gross Continues to Serve the Los Angeles Art Community as Executive Director of 2012 Edition of Art Platform — Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES — Adam Gross will continue to serve in his role as Executive Director of Art Platform — Los Angeles for the second [...]
Reflections is a site specific installation with a mirror foil strip on eye height wrapped around the gallery. A video loop with photographs and sound is projected on the mirror foil. The video projection bounces off the mirror foil and reflects on the white wall. The reflections on the white wall are chance operated and are creating [...]
Nearly over a year in the making, the Subway Series is coming into fruition with an original visual voice about the lifeline of New York Transportation and its importance to the millions of habitants that migrate to this megalopolis to pursue the materialization of their dreams and successes.
In this new series Hans Wolf Art [...]
Orchard Windows Gallery is pleased to present Shifting Perception, a solo show of drawings by Colleen Blackard. This exhibition will be on display from August 13th-20th, 2012.
Opening Reception: Tuesday, August 14th, 2012, 6-9PM
Shifting Perception highlights the importance [...]
“I am woman, hear me roar. In numbers too big to ignore…” Helen Reddy released this anthem of the feminist movement in August of 1971. Now it’s 2012 - July 19that SOHO20 Chelsea Gallery on 27th Street that it numbered to more than 200 artists that were featured at the BACKLASH show. Arte Fuse knew it [...]
Fitting within Fountain’s penchant for all things street and guerrilla, we are thrilled to partner with Kingbrown to launch their 8th issue, co-curated and designed by Morning Breath, at New York’sKlughaus gallery. Opening to the public July 26th, 2012 from 7-10pm, Klughaus Gallery: 47 Monroe Street NYC, NY. Featuring live painting, [...]
Curated by arts scholar Elizabeth Rogers, who has lived and studied throughout Asia with mostly the last decade in India, this exhibition features the work of three photographers and one videographer in an exploration of the interplay between East and West, the spiritual and material, human culture and natural terrain. Photography by Robert A. Schaefer, [...]
On Stellar Rays is pleased to announce Brody Condon’s solo exhibition To prove her zeal one woman ate mud., featuring a two-channel HD video installation commissioned by The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, on view July 15, 2012 – February 24, 2013.
Brody Condon’s work addresses the over-identification with fantasy prevalent in American culture. With [...]
James Kalm risks getting caught in a mid-summer thunderstorm, and bikes to Manhattan’s West Side to view the opening of “Claxons”. Along the way he witnesses the “Push Pop Girls” proclaiming they are the “Last Real Feminists” in their official protest against the “white male capitalist hierarchy suppression”. Curated by Walter [...]
When art attacks, it encompasses all territory with the intent of saturation. Last July 14th at Art Hamptons, POWERPLAY took over 13 acres and all the facilities of Hayground School in Bridgehampton, NY. There were 40 artists, 25 sculptures, and 15 installations covering the entire vicinity at various points.
POWERPLAY invites the viewers to question [...]
Conception came back stronger than ever with its 4th installment after a three month hiatus. Each Conception event has stepped its game up to higher and higher levels.
The dynamic trio of Rachel Wilkins and Mike Wolf, two artists that had shown together for years before starting Conception events, combined with the business and legal [...]
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
James Turrell: “Second Meeting” | “Exclusive” | Art21
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- Front of Site 109 where Jack Geary Contemporary presents Federico Cattaneo On to the more glamorous side of the LES from… »
- Even the Dragon gets into the Street Vibe via skateboard The fine china collection by Sheryo x the Yok at Krause… »
- Venus photo by Olya Turcihin Alright, I know what you’re thinking. AF has gone to the dogs indeed! What are we drinking… »
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »