Fred Torres Collaborations is proud to announce David LaChapelle’s Second Retrospective in Korea.
The city of Busan partners with the city of Seoul in premiering David LaChapelle’s Retrospective, uniting the cities’ young & fast growing art scenes. This will mark Korea’s first major push in aligning the two young art hubs.
Exhibition opens to the public on Saturday, June 16th
On view through the fall, closing September 16th, 2012
Students welcomed. For any group tours please contact us at email@example.com
Opening this week, photographer David LaChapelle’s hugely anticipated Asian Museum retrospective will be exhibited at Bexco Art Center. The exhibition will have over two-hundred classic and recent photographs on view.
This retrospective of David LaChapelle’s work will provide a comprehensive view of his unique and daring style of the past twenty years. Alongside familiar subversive photographs originally commissioned for fashion and celebrity editorials, the show explores LaChapelle’s personal projects, created recently as part of his artistic and critical expression. He has photographed personalities as diverse as Tupac Shakur, Madonna, Amanda Lepore, Eminem, Philip Johnson, Lance Armstrong, Pamela Anderson, Lil’ Kim, Uma Thurman, Elizabeth Taylor, David Beckham, Paris Hilton, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hillary Clinton, Muhammad Ali, and Britney Spears, to name just a few.
Once called the Fellini of photography, LaChapelle has worked for the most prestigious international publications, and has been the subject of exhibitions in both commercial galleries and leading public institutions around the world.
Exhibition at Busan’s new arts space, Bexco Art Center
#55 APEC-ro, Haeundae-gu,
Busan, South Korea (612-704)
Gallery Hours: Monday-Sunday, 10:00am-8:00pm
For more information in the U.S. visit www.fredtorres.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Danilo Perez Panama 500 The start of Summer brings a bounty of splendor: beachy days and starry nights, barbeques and… »
- Crank a Fish & See the Origins of Consciousness at ISE Cultural Foundation Spiritual fulfilment has often been… »
- Attendees at the MFA Photography Graduate Thesis show at The Sheila C. Johnson Design Center Gallery Commiserating over… »
- Eric Starosielski's studio Eric working on a new price in front of Angkor Wat, Late After Sunset, a back lit… »
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »