Fred Torres Collaborations is proud to announce David LaChapelle’s Second Retrospective in Korea.
The city of Busan partners with the city of Seoul in premiering David LaChapelle’s Retrospective, uniting the cities’ young & fast growing art scenes. This will mark Korea’s first major push in aligning the two young art hubs.
Exhibition opens to the public on Saturday, June 16th
On view through the fall, closing September 16th, 2012
Students welcomed. For any group tours please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening this week, photographer David LaChapelle’s hugely anticipated Asian Museum retrospective will be exhibited at Bexco Art Center. The exhibition will have over two-hundred classic and recent photographs on view.
This retrospective of David LaChapelle’s work will provide a comprehensive view of his unique and daring style of the past twenty years. Alongside familiar subversive photographs originally commissioned for fashion and celebrity editorials, the show explores LaChapelle’s personal projects, created recently as part of his artistic and critical expression. He has photographed personalities as diverse as Tupac Shakur, Madonna, Amanda Lepore, Eminem, Philip Johnson, Lance Armstrong, Pamela Anderson, Lil’ Kim, Uma Thurman, Elizabeth Taylor, David Beckham, Paris Hilton, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hillary Clinton, Muhammad Ali, and Britney Spears, to name just a few.
Once called the Fellini of photography, LaChapelle has worked for the most prestigious international publications, and has been the subject of exhibitions in both commercial galleries and leading public institutions around the world.
Exhibition at Busan’s new arts space, Bexco Art Center
#55 APEC-ro, Haeundae-gu,
Busan, South Korea (612-704)
Gallery Hours: Monday-Sunday, 10:00am-8:00pm
For more information in the U.S. visit www.fredtorres.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- In 2012 an 84 year-old Roman Catholic nun and two male companions cut through three fences at the Y-12 nuclear weapons… »
- One of the highlights of the Chelsea opening night last week was Deborah Butterfield’s striking sculptures of horses,… »
- Several months ago I wandered into ClampArt on a Saturday afternoon and saw that the gallery was primarily filled with… »
- Satan Ceramics at Salon 94 When Michelle Grabner curated the Whitney Biennial a line was drawn, a declaration that there is… »
- My name is Tasha Lewis and I want to share with you the story of my global collaborative street art project Swarm The… »
- Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda Two painintgs by Christopher Le Brun photo from Friedman Benda Gallery Into each… »
- Another great art night in Chelsea (L-R) Joseph Gross with artist Ted Lawson The electric backdrop of art at Joseph… »
- A good crowd at David Benjamin Sherry opening in Danziger Gallery Artist David Benjamin Sherry David Benjamin Sherry… »
- Alexander Gray (in orange jacket) with the designer and models Vegan Grade Couture deserve Vegan Shoes With the FALL… »
- Why did New York City become one of the centers of the world banking system? It started with shipping. Before Wall Street… »