Fred Torres Collaborations is proud to announce David LaChapelle’s Second Retrospective in Korea.
The city of Busan partners with the city of Seoul in premiering David LaChapelle’s Retrospective, uniting the cities’ young & fast growing art scenes. This will mark Korea’s first major push in aligning the two young art hubs.
Exhibition opens to the public on Saturday, June 16th
On view through the fall, closing September 16th, 2012
Students welcomed. For any group tours please contact us at email@example.com
Opening this week, photographer David LaChapelle’s hugely anticipated Asian Museum retrospective will be exhibited at Bexco Art Center. The exhibition will have over two-hundred classic and recent photographs on view.
This retrospective of David LaChapelle’s work will provide a comprehensive view of his unique and daring style of the past twenty years. Alongside familiar subversive photographs originally commissioned for fashion and celebrity editorials, the show explores LaChapelle’s personal projects, created recently as part of his artistic and critical expression. He has photographed personalities as diverse as Tupac Shakur, Madonna, Amanda Lepore, Eminem, Philip Johnson, Lance Armstrong, Pamela Anderson, Lil’ Kim, Uma Thurman, Elizabeth Taylor, David Beckham, Paris Hilton, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hillary Clinton, Muhammad Ali, and Britney Spears, to name just a few.
Once called the Fellini of photography, LaChapelle has worked for the most prestigious international publications, and has been the subject of exhibitions in both commercial galleries and leading public institutions around the world.
Exhibition at Busan’s new arts space, Bexco Art Center
#55 APEC-ro, Haeundae-gu,
Busan, South Korea (612-704)
Gallery Hours: Monday-Sunday, 10:00am-8:00pm
For more information in the U.S. visit www.fredtorres.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- More Bradley Hart work at Anna Zorina Gallery Close Up on a sculpture by Bradley Hart Back in March 2013, I had my… »
- Art Lovers at Kim Foster Gallery Artist Kathleen Mulcahy Art by Ron Desmett Thursday Art Night at Kim Foster… »
- Perusing the art at Metro Pictures Check Mate on Art Night in Chelsea The art crowd at Metro Pictures in Chelsea … »
- The origin of the current show at Mayson Pop-Up Space, at 98 Orchard Street (the basement space at Castle Fitzjohns),… »
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »