Fred Torres Collaborations is proud to announce David LaChapelle’s Second Retrospective in Korea.
The city of Busan partners with the city of Seoul in premiering David LaChapelle’s Retrospective, uniting the cities’ young & fast growing art scenes. This will mark Korea’s first major push in aligning the two young art hubs.
Exhibition opens to the public on Saturday, June 16th
On view through the fall, closing September 16th, 2012
Students welcomed. For any group tours please contact us at email@example.com
Opening this week, photographer David LaChapelle’s hugely anticipated Asian Museum retrospective will be exhibited at Bexco Art Center. The exhibition will have over two-hundred classic and recent photographs on view.
This retrospective of David LaChapelle’s work will provide a comprehensive view of his unique and daring style of the past twenty years. Alongside familiar subversive photographs originally commissioned for fashion and celebrity editorials, the show explores LaChapelle’s personal projects, created recently as part of his artistic and critical expression. He has photographed personalities as diverse as Tupac Shakur, Madonna, Amanda Lepore, Eminem, Philip Johnson, Lance Armstrong, Pamela Anderson, Lil’ Kim, Uma Thurman, Elizabeth Taylor, David Beckham, Paris Hilton, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hillary Clinton, Muhammad Ali, and Britney Spears, to name just a few.
Once called the Fellini of photography, LaChapelle has worked for the most prestigious international publications, and has been the subject of exhibitions in both commercial galleries and leading public institutions around the world.
Exhibition at Busan’s new arts space, Bexco Art Center
#55 APEC-ro, Haeundae-gu,
Busan, South Korea (612-704)
Gallery Hours: Monday-Sunday, 10:00am-8:00pm
For more information in the U.S. visit www.fredtorres.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »