“Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the way in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting.” – Aldous Huxley
On June 21st, Arte Fuse attended a special event at a local business on the lower east side. Lost Weekend NYC [...]
(noun) - a usually rousing popular song that typifies or is identified with a particular subculture, movement, or point of view <i.e. anthems of teenage angst, sexual revolution, etc.>
The above definition is the closest to what the show embodies at the innovative space on Orchard Street, Strange Loop. Arte Fuse attended the group show of various [...]
Mary Ramsden: June 29 – August 3, 2012
Pilar Corrias is delighted to present an exhibition of new work by Mary Ramsden.
Mary Ramsden’s practice is unapologetically painterly. Strategically refusing referential readings, she makes painted objects whose compositional unity belies the complexity of their making. In Ramsden’s work even the most subtle adjustment is generative.
Galerie Steph is pleased to present “Urban Eurasian – A Collection of Prints and Paintings from Ipoh to New York”, a showcase of carefully selected art from Philip Hemnell’s private collection as well as his new original works. Born in Malaysia to an English father and Chinese mother, Hemnell studied and works in finance, has [...]
Fred Torres Collaborations is proud to announce David LaChapelle’s Second Retrospective in Korea.
The city of Busan partners with the city of Seoul in premiering David LaChapelle’s Retrospective, uniting the cities’ young & fast growing art scenes. This will mark Korea’s first major push in aligning the two young art hubs.
Exhibition opens to [...]
Posed. Elegant. Regal. These are adjectives that come up when you think of classic portraiture ever since that the rich and nobility commissioned them from legendary artists all throughout history. It is 2012 and the same sequence of words came up upon viewing the photography of Awol Erizku last June 14th with his opening reception [...]
They say a picture paints a thousand words and Paolo Pellizzari was eloquent in realizing that statement with his landscape photos at an opening reception last June 12, 2012. Arte Fuse attended this show at Anastasia Photo on Orchard Street, which specializes in documentary photography and photojournalism. For every show, Anastasia Photo chooses a philanthropic [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Imagine that as you are wandering around NY City you see two distinctive strangers bump into each other twice at two… »
- A new art installation at a popular West Village wine and dessert bar is catching the eye of many neighborhood residents.… »
- Select Group to Discover the Techniques of Figurative Art NEW YORK, NY July 21st, 2014 -- Renowned figurative painter… »
- Charles Burchfield, an amazing American artist from the past, once wrote: “An artist must paint not what he sees in… »
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »