“Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the way in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting.” – Aldous Huxley
On June 21st, Arte Fuse attended a special event at a local business on the lower east side. Lost Weekend NYC [...]
(noun) – a usually rousing popular song that typifies or is identified with a particular subculture, movement, or point of view <i.e. anthems of teenage angst, sexual revolution, etc.>
The above definition is the closest to what the show embodies at the innovative space on Orchard Street, Strange Loop. Arte Fuse attended the group show of various [...]
Mary Ramsden: June 29 – August 3, 2012
Pilar Corrias is delighted to present an exhibition of new work by Mary Ramsden.
Mary Ramsden’s practice is unapologetically painterly. Strategically refusing referential readings, she makes painted objects whose compositional unity belies the complexity of their making. In Ramsden’s work even the most subtle adjustment is generative.
Galerie Steph is pleased to present “Urban Eurasian – A Collection of Prints and Paintings from Ipoh to New York”, a showcase of carefully selected art from Philip Hemnell’s private collection as well as his new original works. Born in Malaysia to an English father and Chinese mother, Hemnell studied and works in finance, has [...]
Fred Torres Collaborations is proud to announce David LaChapelle’s Second Retrospective in Korea.
The city of Busan partners with the city of Seoul in premiering David LaChapelle’s Retrospective, uniting the cities’ young & fast growing art scenes. This will mark Korea’s first major push in aligning the two young art hubs.
Exhibition opens to [...]
Posed. Elegant. Regal. These are adjectives that come up when you think of classic portraiture ever since that the rich and nobility commissioned them from legendary artists all throughout history. It is 2012 and the same sequence of words came up upon viewing the photography of Awol Erizku last June 14th with his opening reception [...]
They say a picture paints a thousand words and Paolo Pellizzari was eloquent in realizing that statement with his landscape photos at an opening reception last June 12, 2012. Arte Fuse attended this show at Anastasia Photo on Orchard Street, which specializes in documentary photography and photojournalism. For every show, Anastasia Photo chooses a philanthropic [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Moyra Davey, Diaries III, 2014, Digital C-print, tape, postage, ink, 12 x 18 inches Moyra Davey Burn the Diaries ICA… »
- In 1984 E.O. Wilson wrote the book Biophilia, which theorized that there was an inherent attraction that humans felt toward… »
- Studying details in the art of Antonio Petracca Close Up detail on the work of Antonio Petracca for Mezzogiorno Artist… »
- Thursday Art Night at FLOWERS Gallery Close Up Detail on work by Renny Tait It is the Major Duomo of ART Fun is on… »
- Sara MacCulloch Opening at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Thursday Art Night at 529 West 20th Street Building at Kathryn Markel… »
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »
- Rima Fujita, Avidya, 68x58 inches; mixed media on canvas Michela Martello, me on, work in progress for the installation,… »
- Karen Fitzgerald, The Shy Moon, 2013 Karen Fitzgerald, Idir Eathara, 2012 The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present… »