“Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the way in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting.” – Aldous Huxley
On June 21st, Arte Fuse attended a special event at a local business on the lower east side. Lost Weekend NYC […]
(noun) – a usually rousing popular song that typifies or is identified with a particular subculture, movement, or point of view <i.e. anthems of teenage angst, sexual revolution, etc.>
The above definition is the closest to what the show embodies at the innovative space on Orchard Street, Strange Loop. Arte Fuse attended the group show of various […]
Mary Ramsden: June 29 – August 3, 2012
Pilar Corrias is delighted to present an exhibition of new work by Mary Ramsden.
Mary Ramsden’s practice is unapologetically painterly. Strategically refusing referential readings, she makes painted objects whose compositional unity belies the complexity of their making. In Ramsden’s work even the most subtle adjustment is generative.
Galerie Steph is pleased to present “Urban Eurasian – A Collection of Prints and Paintings from Ipoh to New York”, a showcase of carefully selected art from Philip Hemnell’s private collection as well as his new original works. Born in Malaysia to an English father and Chinese mother, Hemnell studied and works in finance, has […]
Fred Torres Collaborations is proud to announce David LaChapelle’s Second Retrospective in Korea.
The city of Busan partners with the city of Seoul in premiering David LaChapelle’s Retrospective, uniting the cities’ young & fast growing art scenes. This will mark Korea’s first major push in aligning the two young art hubs.
Exhibition opens to […]
Posed. Elegant. Regal. These are adjectives that come up when you think of classic portraiture ever since that the rich and nobility commissioned them from legendary artists all throughout history. It is 2012 and the same sequence of words came up upon viewing the photography of Awol Erizku last June 14th with his opening reception […]
They say a picture paints a thousand words and Paolo Pellizzari was eloquent in realizing that statement with his landscape photos at an opening reception last June 12, 2012. Arte Fuse attended this show at Anastasia Photo on Orchard Street, which specializes in documentary photography and photojournalism. For every show, Anastasia Photo chooses a philanthropic […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Art stands tall at Vito Schnabel Gallery Bruce High Quality Foundation at Vito Schnabel Gallery Living the art life on… »
- There are 42 different art galleries, from several different countries, participating in this year’s Asia Week (March 13… »
- You wanna climb Nick Cave at Jack Shainman Gallery booth Lost your marbles_ Find them at the Armory Show Going for the… »
- The crowd enjoying a fun Friday night at The Art Factory The hosts Anthony Frattin and Adiane Ayma of The Art… »
- Fridge Art Fair is pleased to announce that it will present “Episode One: We’ve Only Just Begun (Featuring a Sunflower and… »
- Johann König, Berlin is pleased to present “Something absent whose presence had been expected” a solo show by Alicja… »
- Installation view: On Kawara—Silence Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, February 6 to May 3, 2015. Photo: David Heald… »
- It’s oh so cute, Charlotte Dualé, Nora Arrieta, Keiyona C. Stumpf, Marianne Thörmer, Eric WinklerExhibition view (Nora… »
Clio Art Fair is Returning Under the New York City Sky Interview with Alessandro Berni, founder and director of the projectClio Art Fair 2015 VIP opening Alessandro Berni Nick Rogers: Alessandro, Why Clio? Alessando Berni: Clio is the… »
- Mihyun Kang has been in New York City for a couple years now and in her ‘My Midori’ series she photographed 50… »