“Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the way in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting.” – Aldous Huxley
On June 21st, Arte Fuse attended a special event at a local business on the lower east side. Lost Weekend NYC [...]
(noun) - a usually rousing popular song that typifies or is identified with a particular subculture, movement, or point of view <i.e. anthems of teenage angst, sexual revolution, etc.>
The above definition is the closest to what the show embodies at the innovative space on Orchard Street, Strange Loop. Arte Fuse attended the group show of various [...]
Mary Ramsden: June 29 – August 3, 2012
Pilar Corrias is delighted to present an exhibition of new work by Mary Ramsden.
Mary Ramsden’s practice is unapologetically painterly. Strategically refusing referential readings, she makes painted objects whose compositional unity belies the complexity of their making. In Ramsden’s work even the most subtle adjustment is generative.
Galerie Steph is pleased to present “Urban Eurasian – A Collection of Prints and Paintings from Ipoh to New York”, a showcase of carefully selected art from Philip Hemnell’s private collection as well as his new original works. Born in Malaysia to an English father and Chinese mother, Hemnell studied and works in finance, has [...]
Fred Torres Collaborations is proud to announce David LaChapelle’s Second Retrospective in Korea.
The city of Busan partners with the city of Seoul in premiering David LaChapelle’s Retrospective, uniting the cities’ young & fast growing art scenes. This will mark Korea’s first major push in aligning the two young art hubs.
Exhibition opens to [...]
Posed. Elegant. Regal. These are adjectives that come up when you think of classic portraiture ever since that the rich and nobility commissioned them from legendary artists all throughout history. It is 2012 and the same sequence of words came up upon viewing the photography of Awol Erizku last June 14th with his opening reception [...]
They say a picture paints a thousand words and Paolo Pellizzari was eloquent in realizing that statement with his landscape photos at an opening reception last June 12, 2012. Arte Fuse attended this show at Anastasia Photo on Orchard Street, which specializes in documentary photography and photojournalism. For every show, Anastasia Photo chooses a philanthropic [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Shony Rivnay, BOSI Contemporary, March 2014)
Mary Henderson, Lyons Wier Gallery
Paulo Brighenti, Rooster Gallery, February 2014
Find us on YouTube
- "Speak to Me about...Healthcare!" at Paul Kolker Gallery Paul Kolker has one of the coolest gallery spaces in all of… »
- Jamie Martinez & his art at CLIO Art Fair Reflect on the art of Rodolfo Edwards The first week of March in New York… »
- RAN HWANG: THE SNOWFALL OF SPIDERS AT LEILA HELLER GALLERY To the Japanese samurai, cherry blossoms represented a good… »
- (L) Director Kristin Sancken and (R) co-founder/curator Anastasiya Siro of the House of the Nobleman The curator has… »
- Opening reception for Jordan Kantor Tableaux – (noun, plural) 1: a graphic description or representation: 2: a… »
- Careful now, it better not chew on the equipment Guess from what Animal Kingdom this is Taxidermy du jour kicks ass… »
- The attention to detail is amazing for those in attendance The packed house at Lyons Wier Gallery The tide has turned… »
- 60 Collective from Blue Barn Pictures, Inc. on Vimeo. On March 6th, 2014, Curator Frankie Velez and The Walk Way… »
- Smell for Yourself: Fragrance Art at Dillon Gallery In hunting and gathering societies, the keen sense of smell some… »
- Through the Forest at Campton Gallery by Regina Saura, in her studio Through the Forest #1 by Regina Saura, mixed media,… »