“Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the way in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting.” – Aldous Huxley
On June 21st, Arte Fuse attended a special event at a local business on the lower east side. Lost Weekend NYC [...]
(noun) - a usually rousing popular song that typifies or is identified with a particular subculture, movement, or point of view <i.e. anthems of teenage angst, sexual revolution, etc.>
The above definition is the closest to what the show embodies at the innovative space on Orchard Street, Strange Loop. Arte Fuse attended the group show of various [...]
Mary Ramsden: June 29 – August 3, 2012
Pilar Corrias is delighted to present an exhibition of new work by Mary Ramsden.
Mary Ramsden’s practice is unapologetically painterly. Strategically refusing referential readings, she makes painted objects whose compositional unity belies the complexity of their making. In Ramsden’s work even the most subtle adjustment is generative.
Galerie Steph is pleased to present “Urban Eurasian – A Collection of Prints and Paintings from Ipoh to New York”, a showcase of carefully selected art from Philip Hemnell’s private collection as well as his new original works. Born in Malaysia to an English father and Chinese mother, Hemnell studied and works in finance, has [...]
Fred Torres Collaborations is proud to announce David LaChapelle’s Second Retrospective in Korea.
The city of Busan partners with the city of Seoul in premiering David LaChapelle’s Retrospective, uniting the cities’ young & fast growing art scenes. This will mark Korea’s first major push in aligning the two young art hubs.
Exhibition opens to [...]
Posed. Elegant. Regal. These are adjectives that come up when you think of classic portraiture ever since that the rich and nobility commissioned them from legendary artists all throughout history. It is 2012 and the same sequence of words came up upon viewing the photography of Awol Erizku last June 14th with his opening reception [...]
They say a picture paints a thousand words and Paolo Pellizzari was eloquent in realizing that statement with his landscape photos at an opening reception last June 12, 2012. Arte Fuse attended this show at Anastasia Photo on Orchard Street, which specializes in documentary photography and photojournalism. For every show, Anastasia Photo chooses a philanthropic [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on YouTube
- A big PUSSY Cat at Flowers Gallery for the opening of Nicola Hicks Banker II by Nicola Hicks It is said that humans at… »
- The photographic artistry of Maurice Renoma viewed at Bertand Delacroix Gallery It has always been a thin gossamer veil… »
- Artist Marco Santaniello and his technicolor art Technicolor magic and prismatic orgasmic - that is what we walked into… »
- Artist Seb Janiak at Fred Torres Gallery At the new space of Fred Torres on West 28th Street, AF attended to view… »
- It feels like a memory, something I passed along the way perhaps, maybe in the city or the country but that’s how I feel… »
- The art scene of Manhattan was invited to celebrate the newest exhibition ‘OPEN VERSUS CLOSED’ by Saudi artist,… »
- Written by Alessandro Berni | www.clioartproject.com We met Mark Kostabi, the superstar artist behind Pop Art, in his… »
- RED hot art by Joseph Grazi Artist Joseph Grazi - I heart the ART When going to your happy place you think of rainbows,… »
- The art crowd on the LES at The Lodge Gallery Artist Noah Becker at his opening in The Lodge Gallery This is the… »
- Straight to the Heart (2013) by Alexander Kaletski Handle with Care (2013) by Alexander Kaletski Though it had opened a… »