In Art Gallery (www.inartgallery.com) – New York’s premier art gallery representing the most sought after Georgian artists and their fine artwork – is proud to present “Auto Portrait,” a solo exhibition featuring new work by Georgian artist Oleg Timchenko. “Auto Portrait” will open on Wednesday, June 6 and will be on view at 25CPW Gallery, located at 25 Central Park West at 62nd Street in New York City (www.25cpw.org) through Tuesday, June 12.
“Auto Portrait” is comprised of over a dozen paintings inspired by prominent figures that have greatly influenced society within the last century. Strategically intended to open prior to Father’s Day, the series of paintings from “Auto Portrait” will feature notorious automobiles that were once driven by legendary leaders and celebrities. From Janis Joplin and John F. Kennedy (pictured above) to Adolf Hitler and Marilyn Monroe, the series of artwork will feature automobiles along with a citation from the celebrities that once drove in them. This will be the second exhibition presentation from Oleg Timchenko in New York City, following his “Come Together” exhibit from fall 2011.
“I have been thinking about this concept for a long time and I am very proud to be exhibiting these pieces in June,” explains Oleg Timchenko. “The paintings in this particular exhibit are portraits of famed individuals, only they are not present in the paintings. Like they say dogs resemble their masters, I believe that every car resembles the personality and image of its owner. Marilyn Monroe, for example, once drove a vehicle that emulated her femininity and sex appeal, while someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is known for his strength and sturdy build, has driven a Hummer. In my “Auto Portrait” exhibit you will see just that, automobile portraits resembling their celebrity counterpart accompanied by a quotation from them.”
“Georgian art is very eclectic, colorful and lively and unfortunately, the diverse style is not represented enough in the USA.”
“It is In Art Gallery’s mission to recognize and promote such unparalleled artists such as Oleg Timchenko and to realize the potential to attract a broad, culturally diverse audience,” adds Inna Elua and Teah Murvanidze, art curators and co-founders of In Art Gallery.
For over three decades, contemporary Georgian artist and co-founder of the 10th Floor Group, Oleg Timchenko has never ceased to amaze audiences and art collectors worldwide. Born in Tbilisi, Georgia (former Soviet Union) in 1957, Oleg discovered his passion for the arts at a young age. In pursuing this passion, he graduated from The Tbilisi State Academy of Fine Arts, one of the oldest and largest art academies in Caucasus, Georgia, where he now teaches as a professor.
Oleg is notorious for his expressive, colorful paintings paired with meticulous attention to detail. In his artwork, he often recognizes symbolic, bizarre or dream-like objects, while his other paintings are of a more classical style.
Oleg Timchenko’s paintings have been exhibited all across Europe. His works are in the permanent collections of prestigious museums such as Tsaritsino Museum of Contemporary Art in Moscow, Russia, Tbilisi Museum of Contemporary Art and Ludwig Museum, Budapest in Hungary and remain in private collections coveted by personal collectors such as Wolfgang Flatz, President Saakashvili, and Badri Patarkachishvili – among others.
For further information on Oleg Timchanko’s exhibit and location information, or to view his artwork from previous exhibits, please visit www.inartgallery.com.
“AUTO PORTRAIT”ART EXHIBIT, JUNE 6-12
Press Contact: Eda Kalkay
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
1913 | “Contrast of Forms” by Fernand Léger
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »
- Meg Cranston recipient of the Artadia NADA award Hudson of Feature Inc talking to a client at NADA Art Fair Debo… »
- The 81 Foot Balloon Dog by Paul McCarthy greets all at Frieze Art Fair NY 2013 Jack Early at McCaffrey Fine Art Booth … »
- Thomas Witte: "Piazza San Marco" 2012 Hand cut archival paper at Davidson Contemporary Cameron Gray at Mike Weiss… »
- The booth for Galerie Dix9 (R) Bruno Hadjadj Director of cutlog Approximately 45 galleries and curators presented… »