Brief History with an Ax
June 7 to July 13, 2012
“The clock is ticking and how much we do not have … So why not go faster with the tools that we have, even if they are not very sophisticated. Note that, whatever the tool precisely, it is the power and precision of gesture that counts above all and whatever the use. Therefore a metaphorical ax to cut the phenomenon in order to collect at least some bursts since it would be sheer presumption to want to seize it in entirety. Rearrange these fragments, debris, or fractions, according to rules devised, and often improbable set always temporarily, conveniently share them with others … Building with these fragments, fire and flames … Retinal and irresistibly cinematic. ” – DC
After one year of residence at the Villa Medici in Rome, Delphine Coindet returns to Galerie Laurent Godin for a third solo exhibition brief history with an ax.
For this exhibition, the artist brings together, in an unconventional way, a body of work resulting from interdisciplinary projects generated in this work context and on the occasion of the exhibition Extended Scope, conducted with the help of the Master ” Arts and Crafts Exhibition “from the Université de Rennes II from January to April 2012. The set designed for this new exhibition includes sculptures, drawings and photos revolving around a centerpiece: the Podium Medici. Conducted on the occasion of the exhibition Teatro delle Esposizioni at the Villa Medici, this sculpture is as a mobile stage, polychrome, composed of eight distinct parts, infinitely reconfigurable and offering the possibility of staging in situations still unpublished, artistic practices (music, dance, theater) … or strictly intellectual.
The Podium is thus a potential structure, nice to see for herself, and especially likely to produce an endless constellation of objects and events, interstitial friction and occasional trips.
Galerie Laurent Godin
5, rue Saint-Lazare in the attic
75003 Paris – France
T: +33 (0) 1 42 71 10 66
- Paul Thomas “Color Diary” at Galerie Protégé
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- The Artist Entrepreneur: How Technology is Transforming the Art World
- BODIES IN SPACE AT WIX LOUNGE
- February Show at Galerie Laurent Godin
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Art Installation by Brian Reed I met Brian Reed in 2012 at an opening of Chair and the Maiden (CATM) Chelsea at their… »
- Danilo Perez Panama 500 The start of Summer brings a bounty of splendor: beachy days and starry nights, barbeques and… »
- Crank a Fish & See the Origins of Consciousness at ISE Cultural Foundation Spiritual fulfilment has often been… »
- Attendees at the MFA Photography Graduate Thesis show at The Sheila C. Johnson Design Center Gallery Commiserating over… »
- Eric Starosielski's studio Eric working on a new price in front of Angkor Wat, Late After Sunset, a back lit… »
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »