Brief History with an Ax
June 7 to July 13, 2012
“The clock is ticking and how much we do not have … So why not go faster with the tools that we have, even if they are not very sophisticated. Note that, whatever the tool precisely, it is the power and precision of gesture that counts above all and whatever the use. Therefore a metaphorical ax to cut the phenomenon in order to collect at least some bursts since it would be sheer presumption to want to seize it in entirety. Rearrange these fragments, debris, or fractions, according to rules devised, and often improbable set always temporarily, conveniently share them with others … Building with these fragments, fire and flames … Retinal and irresistibly cinematic. ” – DC
After one year of residence at the Villa Medici in Rome, Delphine Coindet returns to Galerie Laurent Godin for a third solo exhibition brief history with an ax.
For this exhibition, the artist brings together, in an unconventional way, a body of work resulting from interdisciplinary projects generated in this work context and on the occasion of the exhibition Extended Scope, conducted with the help of the Master ” Arts and Crafts Exhibition “from the Université de Rennes II from January to April 2012. The set designed for this new exhibition includes sculptures, drawings and photos revolving around a centerpiece: the Podium Medici. Conducted on the occasion of the exhibition Teatro delle Esposizioni at the Villa Medici, this sculpture is as a mobile stage, polychrome, composed of eight distinct parts, infinitely reconfigurable and offering the possibility of staging in situations still unpublished, artistic practices (music, dance, theater) … or strictly intellectual.
The Podium is thus a potential structure, nice to see for herself, and especially likely to produce an endless constellation of objects and events, interstitial friction and occasional trips.
Galerie Laurent Godin
5, rue Saint-Lazare in the attic
75003 Paris – France
T: +33 (0) 1 42 71 10 66
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- AF: Congratulations on your show Rad Roubeni. Can you please tell Arte Fuse about your background in photography and how… »
- Art night in the LES can be a golden opportunity Artist Elise Adibi The last time I saw the work and reviewed Elise… »
- Art night on the LES in Krause Gallery Stephan Zirwes & Marco Guglielmino at Krause Gallery Installation shot of… »
- Public Display: Streetscapes by Rad Roubeni Opening Reception: Sunday, December 21, 2014 4 - 7 p.m Exhibition… »
- Bloody good photos at Site 109 Photography lovers at Site 109 A bird's eye view at Site 109 Close Up Detail on one… »
- Prime Set Who: Justin Stewart, Chandler Craig, Allison Barker and a collective of musicians, visual artists, and… »
- Festina Lente group show at Create and Collectduring Art Basel week 2014 Laura Cartagena and Tatiana Camacho WYNWOOD,… »
- On Friday November 14th, Arte Fuse visited Launch F18 for their final opening at its current location in Tribeca. The… »
- Press release provided by the Gallery Venus Over Manhattan and Sotheby’s S|2 present Cosa Nostra, the first major… »
- Graffiti at Fridge Art Fair Qinza and Zaks Art by Lady Millard Fridge Art Fair was pleased to offer exhibitors and… »