James Kalm dodges into the Leo Koenig Gallery, and captures some video of the opening of Nicole Eisenman: Woodcuts, Etchings, Lithographs and Monotypes. Though Eisenman has received extensive critical attention for her painting, this show reveals an abiding attachment and pursuit of, the grand tradition of classic printmaking. While the monotypes display a very painterly sensibility. Eisenman’s etchings and lithographs highlight the artists wonderful facility with linen and tone.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »
- Elise P. Church, T-Cells, paper, photographs, ink, graphite21 x 14 in., 2014, image courtesy of Molly Krom Gallery Elise… »
- You may have seen some of Bruce Davenport Jr.’s work at the recent Outsider Art Fair in New York City. For this current show… »
- Katya Grokhovsky, Disturbance, 2015, mixed media, found objects, photo: Peter Gynd Katya Grokhovsky, Lips, 2014, mixed… »
- Clio art fair 2015 CLIO ART FAIR returns for its 2nd year in NYC March 5th – 8th at 508-526 West 26th Street… »