James Kalm dodges into the Leo Koenig Gallery, and captures some video of the opening of Nicole Eisenman: Woodcuts, Etchings, Lithographs and Monotypes. Though Eisenman has received extensive critical attention for her painting, this show reveals an abiding attachment and pursuit of, the grand tradition of classic printmaking. While the monotypes display a very painterly sensibility. Eisenman’s etchings and lithographs highlight the artists wonderful facility with linen and tone.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Attendees at the MFA Photography Graduate Thesis show at The Sheila C. Johnson Design Center Gallery Commiserating over… »
- Eric Starosielski's studio Eric working on a new price in front of Angkor Wat, Late After Sunset, a back lit… »
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »
- A few days ago I went to see a slide presentation by performance and video artist Dread Scott; the event was part of a… »