James Kalm dodges into the Leo Koenig Gallery, and captures some video of the opening of Nicole Eisenman: Woodcuts, Etchings, Lithographs and Monotypes. Though Eisenman has received extensive critical attention for her painting, this show reveals an abiding attachment and pursuit of, the grand tradition of classic printmaking. While the monotypes display a very painterly sensibility. Eisenman’s etchings and lithographs highlight the artists wonderful facility with linen and tone.
Like us on Facebook
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Kaufman House, 2015, Oil on Canvas, 54" x 80" His beat is Pop Geometry, a form that encompasses everything from collage… »
- Opening night for Making History at Storefront Ten Eyck, photo by Samantha Katz Installation shot of Making History at… »
- Todd Bienvenu is a Brooklyn-based painter. His work depicts muses such as late nights, bar scenes, and drinking buddies.… »
- "Boy", 1992, sculpture by Charles Ray at the new Whitney Museum Chuck Close at the new Whitney Museum I have always… »
- DonatelloSt. John the Evangelist, 1408–15Marble, 212 × 91 × 62 cm (83½ × 35¾ × 24½ in.)Opera di Santa Maria del… »
- NEW YORK—A+E Studios is pleased to present Chasing Unicorns: Mythologies of Progress in American Landscapes, a group… »
- Matt Ducklo, 240, 2013, gelatin silver print, 24 x 20 inchescourtesy of LAUNCH F 18 gallery When I first saw Matt… »
- Deborah G. Nehmad uses paper as a type of surrogate material for human skin, and, therefore, by extension, for the human… »
- Martin Beck at 47 Canal Artist Martin Beck being reflective Thoughtful and cerebral art can be made well and captivate… »
- The art multitude at Foley Gallery Michael Foley on the left during the opening Celebrating its 20th Issue, the… »