James Kalm dodges into the Leo Koenig Gallery, and captures some video of the opening of Nicole Eisenman: Woodcuts, Etchings, Lithographs and Monotypes. Though Eisenman has received extensive critical attention for her painting, this show reveals an abiding attachment and pursuit of, the grand tradition of classic printmaking. While the monotypes display a very painterly sensibility. Eisenman’s etchings and lithographs highlight the artists wonderful facility with linen and tone.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- One of the highlights of the Chelsea opening night last week was Deborah Butterfield’s striking sculptures of horses,… »
- Several months ago I wandered into ClampArt on a Saturday afternoon and saw that the gallery was primarily filled with… »
- Satan Ceramics at Salon 94 When Michelle Grabner curated the Whitney Biennial a line was drawn, a declaration that there is… »
- My name is Tasha Lewis and I want to share with you the story of my global collaborative street art project Swarm The… »
- Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda Two painintgs by Christopher Le Brun photo from Friedman Benda Gallery Into each… »
- Another great art night in Chelsea (L-R) Joseph Gross with artist Ted Lawson The electric backdrop of art at Joseph… »
- A good crowd at David Benjamin Sherry opening in Danziger Gallery Artist David Benjamin Sherry David Benjamin Sherry… »
- Alexander Gray (in orange jacket) with the designer and models Vegan Grade Couture deserve Vegan Shoes With the FALL… »
- Why did New York City become one of the centers of the world banking system? It started with shipping. Before Wall Street… »
- Opening night for Kent Henricksen's Disharmony in Blue and Gold at The Lodge Gallery Aritst Kent Henricksen After a… »