The Romanian Culture Institute in New York proudly presents the second installation of THE WINDOW. This site specific performance art piece had a successful run early April this year with over 2,000 passersby enchanted by the free public viewing on the corner of 38th Street and Third Avenue.
On May 23 – 29, 2012 – THE WINDOW comes back with another performance piece with an all access view once more through the expansive plate glass front on the same address. Curated & Directed by Ana Mărgineanu, scenic design by Daniela Codarcea Kamiliotis, and written by Saviana Stănescu – this promises to be another unique and unconventional cultural fix that New Yorkers will find worth stopping for. This breaks the convention of theatre going where you have to buy a ticket, enter the venue to settle on your assigned seat, and have to watch the entire performance. THE WINDOW lets the viewers on the street decide how long to watch the performance and gives them total control. It goes beyond the spectacle and engages a democratic way of experiencing performance art in such unorthodox and innovative set up. The play runs every 20 minutes from 8:00 to 10:00 pm in the storefront window of the Romanian Cultural Institue. The best thing about this is that it’s free and open to the public. Forget Broadway, this is the hottest show in town and you don’t need to buy a ticket. Sidewalk gawking and bringing your own snacks is quite acceptable.
2nd Installation of THE WINDOW
Romanian Cultural Institute (storefront window)
573-577 Third Avenue at 38th Street. New York, NY
Performance Dates: May 23 – 29, 2012
Schedule times on the dates: Every 20 minutes from 8 to 10 PM
Subway: 4/5/6/7/S to 42nd / Grand Central Station
For more information, visit www.icrny.com
article by: Oscar A. Laluyan
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- AF: Congratulations on your show Rad Roubeni. Can you please tell Arte Fuse about your background in photography and how… »
- Art night in the LES can be a golden opportunity Artist Elise Adibi The last time I saw the work and reviewed Elise… »
- Art night on the LES in Krause Gallery Stephan Zirwes & Marco Guglielmino at Krause Gallery Installation shot of… »
- Public Display: Streetscapes by Rad Roubeni Opening Reception: Sunday, December 21, 2014 4 - 7 p.m Exhibition… »
- Bloody good photos at Site 109 Photography lovers at Site 109 A bird's eye view at Site 109 Close Up Detail on one… »
- Prime Set Who: Justin Stewart, Chandler Craig, Allison Barker and a collective of musicians, visual artists, and… »
- Festina Lente group show at Create and Collectduring Art Basel week 2014 Laura Cartagena and Tatiana Camacho WYNWOOD,… »
- On Friday November 14th, Arte Fuse visited Launch F18 for their final opening at its current location in Tribeca. The… »
- Press release provided by the Gallery Venus Over Manhattan and Sotheby’s S|2 present Cosa Nostra, the first major… »
- Graffiti at Fridge Art Fair Qinza and Zaks Art by Lady Millard Fridge Art Fair was pleased to offer exhibitors and… »