Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art (www.davenportandshapiro.com) will present works on paper, including works from his Greek mythology series, by artist Ted Stamatelos beginning June 2nd at its East Hampton Gallery.
“We are always looking to highlight the work of talented East End artists whose careers bear watching,” said gallery director Howard Shapiro. “Ted’s work couldn’t be a better example.”
“I was struck by his exploration of Greek mythology and his use of innovative technique the moment I saw his work,” said co-director Len Davenport.
Stamatelos tends to work in series format, exploring a theme through various permutations until he believes he has exhausted the subject. His Greek mythology works and other works from his “Wall” series which will be on exhibit are examples of this approach.
Stamatelos has displayed throughout the East End, including most recently at Guild Hall. He won a first place medal in 2008 at the South Bay Art Association juried members show.
Davenport and Shapiro is located in East Hampton, NY in the passageway around the corner from Scoop du Jour.
Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art
37 Newtown Lane
East Hampton, NY 11937
- Harriette Joffe Career Retrospective at Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art
- Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts Opens Summer Season with Emerging Contemporary Art Show
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- Artist Roz Jacobs Opens “Paintings & Process” Exhibit at Synchronicity Space Fine Arts
- Resident Artists Roost Firmly on the LES
Sign up for our newsletter!
Oscar Murillo At David Zwirner Gallery
- Nancy Reed - vocals Listening to Jazz music is often associated with the famous rooms of major cities. This setting… »
- This month, four artists come together to participate in the latest group show New Acquaintances—works by GAMA, Fu… »
- Caspar David Friedrich The artists of the Romantic Movement could see science coming, and it wasn’t pretty. Science… »
- Jack Youngerman, Blackfoil Beverly Pepper, Homage The 188th Annual shows that the National Academy continues as an arts… »
- The largest retrospective ever held of a single artist at the Whitney Museum, it’s not a secret, is the… »
- Jerry Kearns, Heaven’s Gate, 2014, Pigment print and acrylic on canvas, 36 x 48 inches Jerry Kearns,BAM BAM,… »
- Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic… »
- Last Friday night, Arte Fuse headed to Brooklyn to check out some shows in Bushwick. Our last stop on the agenda was… »
- Yasushi Nakamura - bass, Ben Perowsky - drums Fat Cat It is difficult to succinctly write about pianist, Jon Davis. … »
- Although Tiananmen Square is referenced in the notes for the show “Square” by Zhang Dali (at Klein Sun Gallery), I… »