Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art (www.davenportandshapiro.com) will present works on paper, including works from his Greek mythology series, by artist Ted Stamatelos beginning June 2nd at its East Hampton Gallery.
“We are always looking to highlight the work of talented East End artists whose careers bear watching,” said gallery director Howard Shapiro. “Ted’s work couldn’t be a better example.”
“I was struck by his exploration of Greek mythology and his use of innovative technique the moment I saw his work,” said co-director Len Davenport.
Stamatelos tends to work in series format, exploring a theme through various permutations until he believes he has exhausted the subject. His Greek mythology works and other works from his “Wall” series which will be on exhibit are examples of this approach.
Stamatelos has displayed throughout the East End, including most recently at Guild Hall. He won a first place medal in 2008 at the South Bay Art Association juried members show.
Davenport and Shapiro is located in East Hampton, NY in the passageway around the corner from Scoop du Jour.
Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art
37 Newtown Lane
East Hampton, NY 11937
- Harriette Joffe Career Retrospective at Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art
- Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts Opens Summer Season with Emerging Contemporary Art Show
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- Artist Roz Jacobs Opens “Paintings & Process” Exhibit at Synchronicity Space Fine Arts
- Resident Artists Roost Firmly on the LES
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Select Group to Discover the Techniques of Figurative Art NEW YORK, NY July 21st, 2014 -- Renowned figurative painter… »
- Charles Burchfield, an amazing American artist from the past, once wrote: “An artist must paint not what he sees in… »
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »