Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art (www.davenportandshapiro.com) will present works on paper, including works from his Greek mythology series, by artist Ted Stamatelos beginning June 2nd at its East Hampton Gallery.
“We are always looking to highlight the work of talented East End artists whose careers bear watching,” said gallery director Howard Shapiro. “Ted’s work couldn’t be a better example.”
“I was struck by his exploration of Greek mythology and his use of innovative technique the moment I saw his work,” said co-director Len Davenport.
Stamatelos tends to work in series format, exploring a theme through various permutations until he believes he has exhausted the subject. His Greek mythology works and other works from his “Wall” series which will be on exhibit are examples of this approach.
Stamatelos has displayed throughout the East End, including most recently at Guild Hall. He won a first place medal in 2008 at the South Bay Art Association juried members show.
Davenport and Shapiro is located in East Hampton, NY in the passageway around the corner from Scoop du Jour.
Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art
37 Newtown Lane
East Hampton, NY 11937
- Harriette Joffe Career Retrospective at Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art
- Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts Opens Summer Season with Emerging Contemporary Art Show
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- Artist Roz Jacobs Opens “Paintings & Process” Exhibit at Synchronicity Space Fine Arts
- Resident Artists Roost Firmly on the LES
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda Two painintgs by Christopher Le Brun photo from Friedman Benda Gallery Into each… »
- Another great art night in Chelsea (L-R) Joseph Gross with artist Ted Lawson The electric backdrop of art at Joseph… »
- A good crowd at David Benjamin Sherry opening in Danziger Gallery Artist David Benjamin Sherry David Benjamin Sherry… »
- Alexander Gray (in orange jacket) with the designer and models Vegan Grade Couture deserve Vegan Shoes With the FALL… »
- Why did New York City become one of the centers of the world banking system? It started with shipping. Before Wall Street… »
- Opening night for Kent Henricksen's Disharmony in Blue and Gold at The Lodge Gallery Aritst Kent Henricksen After a… »
- Liu Bolin, In Junk Food No. 3, 2014Acrylic on copper, 14 1/8 x 14 1/8 x 10 1/4 inches (36 x 36 x 26 cm) Liu Bolin, Hiding… »
- Between Dimensions, Nathan Kandus (image by Evan Novis)These two 20’x30’ walls consist of 794 projection screens that… »
- Artist Maria Lynch Last week was the opening night for the new season and we couldn’t wait to hit the Chelsea streets… »
- Ephemera (Lost Dog), 2013, Casein on paper19 1/4 x 14 3/4 inches The work of Jean Lowe caught my eye in 2010 when she… »