Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art (www.davenportandshapiro.com) will present works on paper, including works from his Greek mythology series, by artist Ted Stamatelos beginning June 2nd at its East Hampton Gallery.
“We are always looking to highlight the work of talented East End artists whose careers bear watching,” said gallery director Howard Shapiro. “Ted’s work couldn’t be a better example.”
“I was struck by his exploration of Greek mythology and his use of innovative technique the moment I saw his work,” said co-director Len Davenport.
Stamatelos tends to work in series format, exploring a theme through various permutations until he believes he has exhausted the subject. His Greek mythology works and other works from his “Wall” series which will be on exhibit are examples of this approach.
Stamatelos has displayed throughout the East End, including most recently at Guild Hall. He won a first place medal in 2008 at the South Bay Art Association juried members show.
Davenport and Shapiro is located in East Hampton, NY in the passageway around the corner from Scoop du Jour.
Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art
37 Newtown Lane
East Hampton, NY 11937
- Harriette Joffe Career Retrospective at Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art
- Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts Opens Summer Season with Emerging Contemporary Art Show
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- Artist Roz Jacobs Opens “Paintings & Process” Exhibit at Synchronicity Space Fine Arts
- Resident Artists Roost Firmly on the LES
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »
- A few days ago I went to see a slide presentation by performance and video artist Dread Scott; the event was part of a… »
- Sarah C. Rutherford, “Ocellus", Stain, Acrylic and Wood Burning, 48in x 92in Guests at the opening checking out the… »
- Inside and Out is a group show curated by Suechung Koh at Elga Wimmer Hyun Contemporary. The connecting thread through the… »