Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art (www.davenportandshapiro.com) will present works on paper, including works from his Greek mythology series, by artist Ted Stamatelos beginning June 2nd at its East Hampton Gallery.
“We are always looking to highlight the work of talented East End artists whose careers bear watching,” said gallery director Howard Shapiro. “Ted’s work couldn’t be a better example.”
“I was struck by his exploration of Greek mythology and his use of innovative technique the moment I saw his work,” said co-director Len Davenport.
Stamatelos tends to work in series format, exploring a theme through various permutations until he believes he has exhausted the subject. His Greek mythology works and other works from his “Wall” series which will be on exhibit are examples of this approach.
Stamatelos has displayed throughout the East End, including most recently at Guild Hall. He won a first place medal in 2008 at the South Bay Art Association juried members show.
Davenport and Shapiro is located in East Hampton, NY in the passageway around the corner from Scoop du Jour.
Davenport and Shapiro Fine Art
37 Newtown Lane
East Hampton, NY 11937
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Fernando Mendoza Bravo November 2011. “The hour of the Wolf is the hour between night and dawn, when most people… »
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »