Rising New York artists, Eddie Rehm and Emanuel Buckvar, will open the 2012 summer season at Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts (www.davenportandshapiro.com) in an exhibition of cutting-edge contemporary art in its East Gallery.
“We are committed to bringing our clients high quality, but reasonably priced, investment grade art, not limited to one period. We feel both artists’ work is on-the-cusp,” says co-owner Howard Shapiro. “We were intrigued by the work of these two artists with distinct styles, one almost disturbingly energetic with his “Instant Gratification Abstract,” and the other … calming, for all its now almost classical allusions to the Abstract Expressionist tradition,” says his partner, Leonard Davenport, “Both artists call Long Island home, but, they have a raw, uncensored New York City feel.”
Eddie Rehm is one of the hottest new artists to emerge recently. His work has been described by one art critic as “a fusion of raw emotion, deliberately instinctual design, and art-medium experimentation.” He has participated in numerous solo and group gallery exhibitions in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Pennsylvania, as well as a museum show in Las Vegas. He has recently been named as one of the International Contemporary Masters in the fifth annual juried competition.
Emanuel Buckvar’s expressive passion grew out of his love of his grandparents’ fantastic art collection. It led him to become an art dealer at a young age. “Buying and selling art, however,” he says, “was not enough to feed my love, so I decided to create my own.” His customers include serious private collectors. “In some sense, Buckvar could be considered an outsider artist,” says Davenport. “He has had no formal training, except by exposure to the art of others. His work, however, is very sophisticated.”
Davenport and Shapiro Fine Arts is located on the southern most walkway from Newtown Lane to the parking lot. Its four separate spaces include an eclectic selection of 20th century paintings, sculpture, ceramics, and affordable works on paper.
See attached images. You can also contact the artist representative listed below to acquire additional images.
Davenport & Shapiro
EAST HAMPTON, NY, USA
APRIL 15, 2012
Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts Opens Summer Season with Emerging Contemporary Art Show
Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts
37 Newtown Lane
East Hampton, NY 11931
SATURDAY, May 26, 2012 – Monday, June 18, 2012
Saturday, May 26, 2012 5-8 pm
Saturday, June 16, 2012 5-8 pm
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »