Rising New York artists, Eddie Rehm and Emanuel Buckvar, will open the 2012 summer season at Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts (www.davenportandshapiro.com) in an exhibition of cutting-edge contemporary art in its East Gallery.
“We are committed to bringing our clients high quality, but reasonably priced, investment grade art, not limited to one period. We feel both artists’ work is on-the-cusp,” says co-owner Howard Shapiro. “We were intrigued by the work of these two artists with distinct styles, one almost disturbingly energetic with his “Instant Gratification Abstract,” and the other … calming, for all its now almost classical allusions to the Abstract Expressionist tradition,” says his partner, Leonard Davenport, “Both artists call Long Island home, but, they have a raw, uncensored New York City feel.”
Eddie Rehm is one of the hottest new artists to emerge recently. His work has been described by one art critic as “a fusion of raw emotion, deliberately instinctual design, and art-medium experimentation.” He has participated in numerous solo and group gallery exhibitions in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Pennsylvania, as well as a museum show in Las Vegas. He has recently been named as one of the International Contemporary Masters in the fifth annual juried competition.
Emanuel Buckvar’s expressive passion grew out of his love of his grandparents’ fantastic art collection. It led him to become an art dealer at a young age. “Buying and selling art, however,” he says, “was not enough to feed my love, so I decided to create my own.” His customers include serious private collectors. “In some sense, Buckvar could be considered an outsider artist,” says Davenport. “He has had no formal training, except by exposure to the art of others. His work, however, is very sophisticated.”
Davenport and Shapiro Fine Arts is located on the southern most walkway from Newtown Lane to the parking lot. Its four separate spaces include an eclectic selection of 20th century paintings, sculpture, ceramics, and affordable works on paper.
See attached images. You can also contact the artist representative listed below to acquire additional images.
Davenport & Shapiro
EAST HAMPTON, NY, USA
APRIL 15, 2012
Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts Opens Summer Season with Emerging Contemporary Art Show
Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts
37 Newtown Lane
East Hampton, NY 11931
SATURDAY, May 26, 2012 – Monday, June 18, 2012
Saturday, May 26, 2012 5-8 pm
Saturday, June 16, 2012 5-8 pm
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Danilo Perez Panama 500 The start of Summer brings a bounty of splendor: beachy days and starry nights, barbeques and… »
- Crank a Fish & See the Origins of Consciousness at ISE Cultural Foundation Spiritual fulfilment has often been… »
- Attendees at the MFA Photography Graduate Thesis show at The Sheila C. Johnson Design Center Gallery Commiserating over… »
- Eric Starosielski's studio Eric working on a new price in front of Angkor Wat, Late After Sunset, a back lit… »
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »