Rising New York artists, Eddie Rehm and Emanuel Buckvar, will open the 2012 summer season at Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts (www.davenportandshapiro.com) in an exhibition of cutting-edge contemporary art in its East Gallery.
“We are committed to bringing our clients high quality, but reasonably priced, investment grade art, not limited to one period. We feel both artists’ work is on-the-cusp,” says co-owner Howard Shapiro. “We were intrigued by the work of these two artists with distinct styles, one almost disturbingly energetic with his “Instant Gratification Abstract,” and the other … calming, for all its now almost classical allusions to the Abstract Expressionist tradition,” says his partner, Leonard Davenport, “Both artists call Long Island home, but, they have a raw, uncensored New York City feel.”
Eddie Rehm is one of the hottest new artists to emerge recently. His work has been described by one art critic as “a fusion of raw emotion, deliberately instinctual design, and art-medium experimentation.” He has participated in numerous solo and group gallery exhibitions in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Pennsylvania, as well as a museum show in Las Vegas. He has recently been named as one of the International Contemporary Masters in the fifth annual juried competition.
Emanuel Buckvar’s expressive passion grew out of his love of his grandparents’ fantastic art collection. It led him to become an art dealer at a young age. “Buying and selling art, however,” he says, “was not enough to feed my love, so I decided to create my own.” His customers include serious private collectors. “In some sense, Buckvar could be considered an outsider artist,” says Davenport. “He has had no formal training, except by exposure to the art of others. His work, however, is very sophisticated.”
Davenport and Shapiro Fine Arts is located on the southern most walkway from Newtown Lane to the parking lot. Its four separate spaces include an eclectic selection of 20th century paintings, sculpture, ceramics, and affordable works on paper.
See attached images. You can also contact the artist representative listed below to acquire additional images.
Davenport & Shapiro
EAST HAMPTON, NY, USA
APRIL 15, 2012
Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts Opens Summer Season with Emerging Contemporary Art Show
Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts
37 Newtown Lane
East Hampton, NY 11931
SATURDAY, May 26, 2012 – Monday, June 18, 2012
Saturday, May 26, 2012 5-8 pm
Saturday, June 16, 2012 5-8 pm
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Fernando Mendoza Bravo November 2011. “The hour of the Wolf is the hour between night and dawn, when most people… »
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »