Rising New York artists, Eddie Rehm and Emanuel Buckvar, will open the 2012 summer season at Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts (www.davenportandshapiro.com) in an exhibition of cutting-edge contemporary art in its East Gallery.
“We are committed to bringing our clients high quality, but reasonably priced, investment grade art, not limited to one period. We feel both artists’ work is on-the-cusp,” says co-owner Howard Shapiro. “We were intrigued by the work of these two artists with distinct styles, one almost disturbingly energetic with his “Instant Gratification Abstract,” and the other … calming, for all its now almost classical allusions to the Abstract Expressionist tradition,” says his partner, Leonard Davenport, “Both artists call Long Island home, but, they have a raw, uncensored New York City feel.”
Eddie Rehm is one of the hottest new artists to emerge recently. His work has been described by one art critic as “a fusion of raw emotion, deliberately instinctual design, and art-medium experimentation.” He has participated in numerous solo and group gallery exhibitions in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Pennsylvania, as well as a museum show in Las Vegas. He has recently been named as one of the International Contemporary Masters in the fifth annual juried competition.
Emanuel Buckvar’s expressive passion grew out of his love of his grandparents’ fantastic art collection. It led him to become an art dealer at a young age. “Buying and selling art, however,” he says, “was not enough to feed my love, so I decided to create my own.” His customers include serious private collectors. “In some sense, Buckvar could be considered an outsider artist,” says Davenport. “He has had no formal training, except by exposure to the art of others. His work, however, is very sophisticated.”
Davenport and Shapiro Fine Arts is located on the southern most walkway from Newtown Lane to the parking lot. Its four separate spaces include an eclectic selection of 20th century paintings, sculpture, ceramics, and affordable works on paper.
See attached images. You can also contact the artist representative listed below to acquire additional images.
Davenport & Shapiro
EAST HAMPTON, NY, USA
APRIL 15, 2012
Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts Opens Summer Season with Emerging Contemporary Art Show
Davenport & Shapiro Fine Arts
37 Newtown Lane
East Hampton, NY 11931
SATURDAY, May 26, 2012 – Monday, June 18, 2012
Saturday, May 26, 2012 5-8 pm
Saturday, June 16, 2012 5-8 pm
Sign up for our newsletter!
Ryan Piers Williams: Monsters and Landscapes
2015 OPEN CALL AT COOHAUS ART MORA GALLERY
- Portrait painting owes its most meaningful possible impact to our ability to discern character traits and emotional… »
- Ho-ho-ho for Art at Postmasters Gallery Postmasters Gallery presents Ryder Ripps Artist Ryder Ripps Postmasters… »
- Thursday Art Night at Dillon Gallery The eyes have it in the work of Santiago Ydanez Artist Santiago Ydanez The… »
- The art crowd at Winston Wachter Gallery The image transformed in the work of Margeaux Walter Artist Margeaux… »
- Maria Constanza Cerullo Chief Curator at MACBA MUseum I AF: MACBA - Museum of Contemporary Art in Buenos Aires opened… »
- Guests enjoying the project 365 DEGREES OF INSTANT FILM at the opening of MONSTERS AND LANDSCAPES exhibition by Ryan Piers… »
- Open Call 2015 at Coohaus Art Mora Stop by the gallery to vote for your favorite piece A guest enjoying the work of… »
- Sculpture by Aaron Spangler Ellen Lesperance TAKE BACK VERMONT! struck me as a timely, relevant and even important type… »
- Sumi ink is made of a type of compressed soot derived from burning plant seed oils, which is then mixed with bone glue.… »
- Exterior of frosch & portmann on the LES frosch & portmann opening reception for Brad Nelson Back in January… »