PULSE Contemporary Art Fair presents PULSE New York 2012, a leading art fair dedicated to international contemporary art, from May 3-6, 2012, at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City. Currently in its seventh edition, PULSE New York will host sixty national and international galleries, presenting exhibitions that span across all media, from works on paper, painting, and sculpture, to performance, installation, and video art.
“PULSE provides a unique platform for exhibitors from around the world to present artists ranging from the well-established, to undiscovered and emerging talents. Interestingly, given the financial uncertainty in Europe, we are seeing an increase in European galleries who are looking to access US-based audiences” comments Cornell DeWitt, Director. “PULSE is consistently a favorite of exhibitors and visitors because we offer a diversity of galleries and artists within a dynamic atmosphere. While there are always fairs that people feel they have to visit, PULSE is a fair that they love to visit.”
This yearʼs exhibiting galleries include Daniel Weinberg Gallery, Los Angeles, featuring a large series of modern paintings by Andrew Masullo, who has been celebrated as a standout of the recent 2012 Whitney Biennial; and Tyler Rollins Fine Art, New York, exhibiting a series of photographs by Tracey Moffatt, entitled, “Plantation” (2009) and “First Jobs” (2008), whose film works will be shown concurrently at the Museum of Modern Art, New York. Meulensteen, New York, will showcase groundbreaking video by Siebren Versteeg, which depicts the results of algorithmically created paintings, generated every 24 hours; and Von Lintel Gallery, New York, will present a range of recent works from artists Melanie Willhide, Catherine Howe, and John Chiara.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Crank a Fish & See the Origins of Consciousness at ISE Cultural Foundation Spiritual fulfilment has often been… »
- Attendees at the MFA Photography Graduate Thesis show at The Sheila C. Johnson Design Center Gallery Commiserating over… »
- Eric Starosielski's studio Eric working on a new price in front of Angkor Wat, Late After Sunset, a back lit… »
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »