PULSE Contemporary Art Fair presents PULSE New York 2012, a leading art fair dedicated to international contemporary art, from May 3-6, 2012, at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City. Currently in its seventh edition, PULSE New York will host sixty national and international galleries, presenting exhibitions that span across all media, from works on paper, painting, and sculpture, to performance, installation, and video art.
“PULSE provides a unique platform for exhibitors from around the world to present artists ranging from the well-established, to undiscovered and emerging talents. Interestingly, given the financial uncertainty in Europe, we are seeing an increase in European galleries who are looking to access US-based audiences” comments Cornell DeWitt, Director. “PULSE is consistently a favorite of exhibitors and visitors because we offer a diversity of galleries and artists within a dynamic atmosphere. While there are always fairs that people feel they have to visit, PULSE is a fair that they love to visit.”
This yearʼs exhibiting galleries include Daniel Weinberg Gallery, Los Angeles, featuring a large series of modern paintings by Andrew Masullo, who has been celebrated as a standout of the recent 2012 Whitney Biennial; and Tyler Rollins Fine Art, New York, exhibiting a series of photographs by Tracey Moffatt, entitled, “Plantation” (2009) and “First Jobs” (2008), whose film works will be shown concurrently at the Museum of Modern Art, New York. Meulensteen, New York, will showcase groundbreaking video by Siebren Versteeg, which depicts the results of algorithmically created paintings, generated every 24 hours; and Von Lintel Gallery, New York, will present a range of recent works from artists Melanie Willhide, Catherine Howe, and John Chiara.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- More Bradley Hart work at Anna Zorina Gallery Close Up on a sculpture by Bradley Hart Back in March 2013, I had my… »
- Art Lovers at Kim Foster Gallery Artist Kathleen Mulcahy Art by Ron Desmett Thursday Art Night at Kim Foster… »
- Perusing the art at Metro Pictures Check Mate on Art Night in Chelsea The art crowd at Metro Pictures in Chelsea … »
- The origin of the current show at Mayson Pop-Up Space, at 98 Orchard Street (the basement space at Castle Fitzjohns),… »
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »