PULSE Contemporary Art Fair presents PULSE New York 2012, a leading art fair dedicated to international contemporary art, from May 3-6, 2012, at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City. Currently in its seventh edition, PULSE New York will host sixty national and international galleries, presenting exhibitions that span across all media, from works on paper, painting, and sculpture, to performance, installation, and video art.
“PULSE provides a unique platform for exhibitors from around the world to present artists ranging from the well-established, to undiscovered and emerging talents. Interestingly, given the financial uncertainty in Europe, we are seeing an increase in European galleries who are looking to access US-based audiences” comments Cornell DeWitt, Director. “PULSE is consistently a favorite of exhibitors and visitors because we offer a diversity of galleries and artists within a dynamic atmosphere. While there are always fairs that people feel they have to visit, PULSE is a fair that they love to visit.”
This yearʼs exhibiting galleries include Daniel Weinberg Gallery, Los Angeles, featuring a large series of modern paintings by Andrew Masullo, who has been celebrated as a standout of the recent 2012 Whitney Biennial; and Tyler Rollins Fine Art, New York, exhibiting a series of photographs by Tracey Moffatt, entitled, “Plantation” (2009) and “First Jobs” (2008), whose film works will be shown concurrently at the Museum of Modern Art, New York. Meulensteen, New York, will showcase groundbreaking video by Siebren Versteeg, which depicts the results of algorithmically created paintings, generated every 24 hours; and Von Lintel Gallery, New York, will present a range of recent works from artists Melanie Willhide, Catherine Howe, and John Chiara.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »
- AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan with Maureen Chung of gallery nine5 The News is that Street Art has invaded the… »
- Ross BonfantiSt. Sebastian, 2013Concrete, nails, toy parts12 x 20 x 12 in Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM Ross… »
- (L-R) Laura Manning, Daniel Weintraub and SEK3 Last Friday night we headed to Succulent Studios for the closing party… »