Tuesday night was the Art Opening & Rodeo Featuring ***New Work*** by the infamous Cowboy Ray Kelly – sculptor, art maverick, man about town and Lower East Side original. As a young art student he was Motherwell’s favorite bartender. As a young artist he was Rothko’s painting assistant for three years during the building of the Rothko Chapel in Houston. As a young man he founded the Rivington School and No Se No social club/art gallery on NY’s Lower East Side where everyone from Debbie Harry to Keith Haring stopped in for the one dollar beers and when, in the 1980’s, he turned empty, needle infested, lots into welcoming sculpture gardens for all to enjoy. He is a living legend, one who helped transform our great city into the art center that it is, especially on the LES when no one but no one, except crazy, broke, artists wanted to be there. Stop by the Orchard Windows Gallery anytime through May 13th and experience a true cowboy’s creative vision right here in the Big Apple. This show was curated by Gregory de la Haba who did a fantastic job.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Ryan Piers Williams: Monsters and Landscapes
2015 OPEN CALL AT COOHAUS ART MORA GALLERY
- Portrait painting owes its most meaningful possible impact to our ability to discern character traits and emotional… »
- Ho-ho-ho for Art at Postmasters Gallery Postmasters Gallery presents Ryder Ripps Artist Ryder Ripps Art is lively… »
- Thursday Art Night at Dillon Gallery The eyes have it in the work of Santiago Ydanez Artist Santiago Ydanez The… »
- The art crowd at Winston Wachter Gallery The image transformed in the work of Margeaux Walter Artist Margeaux… »
- Maria Constanza Cerullo Chief Curator at MACBA MUseum I AF: MACBA - Museum of Contemporary Art in Buenos Aires opened… »
- Guests enjoying the project 365 DEGREES OF INSTANT FILM at the opening of MONSTERS AND LANDSCAPES exhibition by Ryan Piers… »
- Open Call 2015 at Coohaus Art Mora Stop by the gallery to vote for your favorite piece A guest enjoying the work of… »
- Sculpture by Aaron Spangler Ellen Lesperance TAKE BACK VERMONT! struck me as a timely, relevant and even important type… »
- Sumi ink is made of a type of compressed soot derived from burning plant seed oils, which is then mixed with bone glue.… »
- Exterior of frosch & portmann on the LES frosch & portmann opening reception for Brad Nelson Back in January… »