Tuesday night was the Art Opening & Rodeo Featuring ***New Work*** by the infamous Cowboy Ray Kelly – sculptor, art maverick, man about town and Lower East Side original. As a young art student he was Motherwell’s favorite bartender. As a young artist he was Rothko’s painting assistant for three years during the building of the Rothko Chapel in Houston. As a young man he founded the Rivington School and No Se No social club/art gallery on NY’s Lower East Side where everyone from Debbie Harry to Keith Haring stopped in for the one dollar beers and when, in the 1980’s, he turned empty, needle infested, lots into welcoming sculpture gardens for all to enjoy. He is a living legend, one who helped transform our great city into the art center that it is, especially on the LES when no one but no one, except crazy, broke, artists wanted to be there. Stop by the Orchard Windows Gallery anytime through May 13th and experience a true cowboy’s creative vision right here in the Big Apple. This show was curated by Gregory de la Haba who did a fantastic job.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Welcome to the Last WHITNEY Gala Dinner - BFA (photo credit - Billy Farrell) The Whitney Museum of American Art is closing… »
- The Yard hosts the charity art event Curator Gregory de la Haba Jamie Martinez and his work at the event Art +… »
- Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Arte Povera… »
- Some serious wall art that makes you smile. Left to right: “Doe” by Kristen Leonard, “Absens” by Monique Mantell,… »
- Henry Cole (drums), Miguel Zenon (alto sax), Luis Perdomo (piano), Hans Glawischnig (bass)Photo credit: Braithwaite &… »
- Birthday, DETAIL, mixed media sculpture, 18” x 36” x 9”, 2004 (solid industrial grade velvet cement, steel… »
- The man in black Johnny Cash Wall to wall attendees at HASTED KRAEUTLER Portraits have come a long way. Painting your… »
- Mulberry Street where art and fashion meet at Something in Mind The photography of Olya Turcihin at SIM Close up of… »
- The work of Tom Martin for his show (Filthy) Lucre O Come All Ye Faithful to Art Night in Chelsea De Buck Gallery… »
- Guess who was really born on December 25th? That’s right, baby Mithras. He was a sun god in the Roman Empire who liked… »