Brief History with an Ax
June 7 to July 13, 2012
“The clock is ticking and how much we do not have … So why not go faster with the tools that we have, even if they are not very sophisticated. Note that, whatever the tool precisely, it is the power […]
The newly announced Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art has received major gifts in excess of $10 million. This constitutes the largest donation ever received by any LGBT arts organization. A gift of $8.8M was made by Charles W. Leslie in memory of his long-time partner Fredric D. (Fritz) Lohman. Substantial ongoing […]
Every picture tells a story. When does the actual subject becomes the material placed into the picture to add to the story? Matthew Brandt blew it out of the water literally with an opening reception at Yossi Milo Gallery last May 24, 2012 for his show “Lakes, Trees and Honeybees”.
Arte Fuse […]
Evoking a Modernist vibe and a tad Minimalist, Elise Adibi had her second solo exhibition in New York at CHURNER and CHURNER in Chelsea. Arte Fuse braved the rainy Thursday last May 24, 2012 to attend the opening for the show “Da Capo”.
The title is derived from the musical term “da capo” literally meaning […]
James Kalm dodges into the Leo Koenig Gallery, and captures some video of the opening of Nicole Eisenman: Woodcuts, Etchings, Lithographs and Monotypes. Though Eisenman has received extensive critical attention for her painting, this show reveals an abiding attachment and pursuit of, the grand tradition of classic printmaking. While […]
May 3, 2012 – June 9, 2012Mike Weiss Gallery is pleased to present Treasury, a new exhibition of paintings by Belgian artist Jan De Vliegher. For his first solo exhibition in the United States, De Vliegher creates a series of monumental paintings which reference the artist’s obsessive hunt for otherwise overlooked […]
For over three decades, contemporary Georgian artist and co-founder of the 10th Floor Group, Oleg Timchenko has never ceased to amaze audiences and art collectors worldwide. Born in Tbilisi, Georgia (former Soviet Union) in 1957, Oleg discovered his passion for the arts at a young age. In pursuing this passion, he attended The Tbilisi State […]
How do I express thee? The question is not really Shakespeare but artists have always expressed themselves in unique ways. Two artists articulated visual ideas with an opening reception for “Double-Jointed” last May 20, 2012. Arte Fuse eagerly perused the body of work at Scaramouche Gallery on Orchard Street and tried to find our axis […]
Last May 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM at Petrosino Square in Soho where this enclave is a respite off the busy streets, Arte Fuse witnessed Carole A. Feuerman unveil her work “Survival of Serena”. The bold color and swimmer themed artwork will be a perfect summer addition and hopefully cool off the […]
The Romanian Culture Institute in New York proudly presents the second installation of THE WINDOW. This site specific performance art piece had a successful run early April this year with over 2,000 passersby enchanted by the free public viewing on the corner of 38th Street and Third Avenue.
On May 23 – […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Ryan Piers Williams: Monsters and Landscapes
2015 OPEN CALL AT COOHAUS ART MORA GALLERY
- Installation shot of 20in15 at Woodward Gallery Woodward Gallery boldly unites a group of twenty living artists working in… »
- Meg Hitchcock, Hymn to Durga, 2014, cut paper from the Bible, 14 x 11 inches (35.5 x 28 cm); framed: 17 x 14 inches (43 x 28… »
- Installation shot of Denise Green exhibit at Sundaram Tagore Gallery The cycle of life always has a beginning and… »
- A wide view of the action at opening night in Lyons Wier Gallery The opening reception for Michelle Doll at Lyons Wier… »
- Ciudades oil on canvas 45 x 60 inch, 2005 Do you find your works emphasize the concept and the process over the end… »
- The erect human penis, in the history of art, religion and culture, once used to be of paramount significance. One of the… »
- Artist Krzysztof Zarebski looking at Konstantine Bokov's artworks Opening night for Paper Trails at Van Der Plas… »
- Masters Gallery at DUMBO Arts Festival September 2014 It has been a year of variety and surprises as to the range of shows… »
- Mickalene Thomas, Les Trois Femmes Noires To me the current group show at Bill Hodges Gallery asks such questions as:… »
- ©Lynette Yiadom-Boakye. Courtesy of the artist, Jack Shainman Gallery, New York and Corvi-Mora, London. ©Lynette… »