Brief History with an Ax
June 7 to July 13, 2012
“The clock is ticking and how much we do not have … So why not go faster with the tools that we have, even if they are not very sophisticated. Note that, whatever the tool precisely, it is the power [...]
The newly announced Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art has received major gifts in excess of $10 million. This constitutes the largest donation ever received by any LGBT arts organization. A gift of $8.8M was made by Charles W. Leslie in memory of his long-time partner Fredric D. (Fritz) Lohman. Substantial ongoing [...]
Every picture tells a story. When does the actual subject becomes the material placed into the picture to add to the story? Matthew Brandt blew it out of the water literally with an opening reception at Yossi Milo Gallery last May 24, 2012 for his show “Lakes, Trees and Honeybees”.
Arte Fuse [...]
Evoking a Modernist vibe and a tad Minimalist, Elise Adibi had her second solo exhibition in New York at CHURNER and CHURNER in Chelsea. Arte Fuse braved the rainy Thursday last May 24, 2012 to attend the opening for the show “Da Capo”.
The title is derived from the musical term “da capo” literally meaning [...]
James Kalm dodges into the Leo Koenig Gallery, and captures some video of the opening of Nicole Eisenman: Woodcuts, Etchings, Lithographs and Monotypes. Though Eisenman has received extensive critical attention for her painting, this show reveals an abiding attachment and pursuit of, the grand tradition of classic printmaking. While [...]
May 3, 2012 – June 9, 2012Mike Weiss Gallery is pleased to present Treasury, a new exhibition of paintings by Belgian artist Jan De Vliegher. For his first solo exhibition in the United States, De Vliegher creates a series of monumental paintings which reference the artist’s obsessive hunt for otherwise overlooked [...]
For over three decades, contemporary Georgian artist and co-founder of the 10th Floor Group, Oleg Timchenko has never ceased to amaze audiences and art collectors worldwide. Born in Tbilisi, Georgia (former Soviet Union) in 1957, Oleg discovered his passion for the arts at a young age. In pursuing this passion, he attended The Tbilisi State [...]
How do I express thee? The question is not really Shakespeare but artists have always expressed themselves in unique ways. Two artists articulated visual ideas with an opening reception for “Double-Jointed” last May 20, 2012. Arte Fuse eagerly perused the body of work at Scaramouche Gallery on Orchard Street and tried to find our axis [...]
Last May 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM at Petrosino Square in Soho where this enclave is a respite off the busy streets, Arte Fuse witnessed Carole A. Feuerman unveil her work “Survival of Serena”. The bold color and swimmer themed artwork will be a perfect summer addition and hopefully cool off the [...]
The Romanian Culture Institute in New York proudly presents the second installation of THE WINDOW. This site specific performance art piece had a successful run early April this year with over 2,000 passersby enchanted by the free public viewing on the corner of 38th Street and Third Avenue.
On May 23 – [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Liu Bolin, In Junk Food No. 3, 2014Acrylic on copper, 14 1/8 x 14 1/8 x 10 1/4 inches (36 x 36 x 26 cm) Liu Bolin, Hiding… »
- Between Dimensions, Nathan Kandus (image by Evan Novis)These two 20’x30’ walls consist of 794 projection screens that… »
- Artist Maria Lynch Last week was the opening night for the new season and we couldn’t wait to hit the Chelsea streets… »
- Ephemera (Lost Dog), 2013, Casein on paper19 1/4 x 14 3/4 inches The work of Jean Lowe caught my eye in 2010 when she… »
- Sculpture by Rachel Lee Hovnanian The art crowd at Leila Heller Gallery Mr. McGuire: I just want to say one word to… »
- Nam June Paik was a pretty lucky guy. He was, for instance, able to move out of Korea at the age of 18, due to his… »
- The Bowery Gallery in Chelsea is currently presenting a collection of oil paintings by Nagib Nahas for the show Street… »
- The full house at Zieher Smith & Horton Everyone comes out for the season openers in Chelsea Artist Philippe… »
- My shot came out great and ready to post at #INSTAGRAM New Ghost, Stained Glass Lightbox, 32 x 19 x 2 inches Claire… »
- Quick Red Fox, 1963, Acrylic on canvas84 3/4 x 55 1/2 inches A colorful collection of paintings, collages, and drawings by… »