Ted Vasin, the Russian-born psychedelic artist known for his meticulously drawn, dark psychedelic works is returning to Miami for a 2 month-long exhibit of his latest work. “Poison Bliss” is the just-completed collection he began in 2009, and will be showcased at 101/exhibit in Miami from April 14 […]
Spring is the season for growth and renewal and with it, people come together in joyous celebration. Drunk off the familiar sensation of green grasses and blossoming flora, the world is alive and full of inspiration. A romantic essence fills the air with an intoxicating blend of rejuvenating aromas that tempts the body and […]
James Kalm has the distinct pleasure of bringing viewers this brief tour of recent paintings by one of New York’s most enigmatic artists, Ron Gorchov. Though a member of the New York art world since the early fifties, it was in the late sixties that Gorchov devised his unique painting support, often referred to […]
Collaboration is the name of the game. Nothing is more interesting than having a husband and wife team of artists commit to a project that will produce surprisingly offbeat but accessible. Arte Fuse traveled to the “other side” of Manhattan far from the prestigious white cube glamor of Chelsea to the East Side where the […]
Nothing is more bellyaching good and decadent than traversing a plethora of food stalls at a food fair or festival. Arte Fuse feasted on the photographs of Anja Hitzenberger at Underline Gallery last April 5, 2012 for the opening reception of “TAKE-OUT: Chinese Fast Food Photographs”.
Taken at Beijing’s Olympic Park during her two-month residency […]
“A LINE is a dot that went for a walk.” – Paul Klee. So goes a popular artistic quote and is the primary element for Drawing 101. When you remember your first coloring book, did you color inside or outside the line? There is also such a thing as crossing the line. Johnny Cash even sang […]
[imagebrowser id=108] There are bold choices that an artist must contend with and it’s this idea of always being one step ahead to create the NEW. But in some cases, if the artist can transcend the very idea of referencing the past with the intention to bring something new to the table then it’s an […]
[imagebrowser id=107] Everyone needs space and this is very crucial to artists. Some have made their own homes a pseudo-studio to maximize time and minimize expense. However, there are challenges along the way that necessitates a separate space to work with intense focus and a professional studio to bring in an audience.
Photo by Max Noy
Photo by Max Noy
Jerry Saltz and Jamie Martinez photo by Max Noy
Jessica Speckhard photo by Max Noy
Jerry Saltz and Max Noy
Jess Hartley and Jerry Saltz
Artists Maurizio Cattelan, Marilyn Minter and […]
[imagebrowser id=106] Tamara W. is a documentary portrait by photographer Marko Vuorinen about a girl, Tamara Williams, age 22, from the Bronx who has too much life experience. The installation featuring photos and audio will be exhibited at Tila Gallery in Helsinki, Finland, March 30 – April 22, 2012.
BRUISED BY VIOLENCE, HOMELESSNESS, SEXUAL ABUSE
Sign up for our newsletter!
- The sexy ambiance at De Buck Gallery for Regine Schumann opening Mesmerized and drawn into the light of Regine… »
- Close Up Detail of work by Adam Magyar At Julie Saul Gallery on Thursday Art Night Urban life moves in milliseconds… »
- Yes these walls are saying a lot at Jim Kempner Fine Art The art crowd is all abuzz and talking at Jim Kempner Fine… »
- Artist Rudresh Mahanthappa Alto saxophonist and composer, Rudresh Mahanthappa can pinpoint his musical transformation to… »
- 2015 USSEA Regional Conference Join the United States Society for Education through Art (USSEA) at the Queens Museum in New… »
- Bridges to Bridges series by Olya Turcihin Drawings by James Frederic Artist Olya Turcihin Bridges to Bridges… »
- Boris Gorelick, Sweatshop Mabel Dwight, Danse Macabre Chinese artists are soon going to be required to spend one month… »
- Umbo, Mystery of the Street Andre Kertesz, Fork Something happened to photography in the early years of the 20th… »
- LA Initiative Benefit Auction, 2014 (L-R) Allison Galgiani with Peter Hort About the Rema Hort Mann Foundation (from… »
- The weathering process is the first thing that grabbed me about Eric Holzman’s amazing new landscape paintings at Lori… »