The Caelum Gallery presented its first exhibition of the Spring 2012 season, hosting works by celebrated artists, Eddie Rehm, Holly Adams & Natsuko Hattori. The exhibit brought together raw artistic expression & style. The artists revealed all new works creatively pooling together a very well rounded exhibit for the savviest of collectors to the ambitious […]
Conception joined forces with the National Breast Cancer Foundation for the return of Conception Tribecca III on April 11, 2012. All donations and a portion of all sales went to the NBCF in support of the fight against breast cancer. It was a […]
There is always a certain allure inherent in the after dark and its subcultures. Ves Pitts has been documenting aspects of this world for more than 18 years. His lens has traveled the clandestine nocturnal enclaves in New York, New Orleans, London and Paris underworld. Last April 12, 2012 Arte Fuse infiltrated that world with […]
Greenpoint Gallery is pleased to present Colleen Blackard: “Fading Memories; Emerging Spirit”, a poignant exhibition of ballpoint pen and mixed media drawings that explores the contrasting realities of Alzheimer’s Disease. Colleen shows that while memory deteriorates, the human spirit emerges, unfettered by social constraints.
This subject is intimately personal to the artist, having lost two grandparents, one […]
The streets of New York have been the breeding ground for the creative misfits and there have been superstars tagging the walls; like Fab5Freddy, Keith Haring, and other legends. Transitioning the once underground world of “taggers” aka graffiti artists into the glamorous world of the art gallery, what was once subversive has […]
Synchronicity Space Fine Art is pleased to present Roz Jacobs’ solo exhibition “Paintings and Process,” running from April 25 – June 2, 2012. New works on canvas, paper and iPad that pulsate with life draw viewers into the inner workings of the painting process.
“Inside Out,” a retrospective of Deborah Buck’s provocative, abstract paintings will be on view in the Gilette Gallery at the Garrison Art Center in Garrison, NY, April 7 – May 6, 2012. In addition, “What’s Inside?,” an exhibition of Buck’s recent acrylic works on […]
A street artist on a grand scale, with alifetime of using paint to produce new textures and inspire thought and emotion. Over 20 years ago, he made a name for himself as a graffiti artist; now he works with some of the most respected muralists in the world. Col’s […]
Announcing the first, New York solo exhibition by Japanese born and Boston-based Artist Kenji Nakayama. Simply entitled Kenji Nakayama, this must-see exhibition will be the most extensive presentation of his art to date, featuring photorealistic, hand-cut stencil, spray enamel, acrylic and mixed media paintings.
Nakayama’s dedication and work ethic is unprecedented and very well respected. […]
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- Maria Constanza Cerullo Chief Curator at MACBA MUseum I AF: MACBA - Museum of Contemporary Art in Buenos Aires opened… »
- Guests enjoying the project 365 DEGREES OF INSTANT FILM at the opening of MONSTERS AND LANDSCAPES exhibition by Ryan Piers… »
- Open Call 2015 at Coohaus Art Mora Stop by the gallery to vote for your favorite piece A guest enjoying the work of… »
- Sculpture by Aaron Spangler Ellen Lesperance TAKE BACK VERMONT! struck me as a timely, relevant and even important type… »
- Sumi ink is made of a type of compressed soot derived from burning plant seed oils, which is then mixed with bone glue.… »
- Exterior of frosch & portmann on the LES frosch & portmann opening reception for Brad Nelson Back in January… »
- So many statements made at the show RESPOND in Smack Mellon Respond at Smack Mellon in DUMBO The Art goers come out… »
- Perusing the art of Erin Smith Amy Li (at center) with guests at the opening for Erin Smith Here is the unusual… »
- As the cognitive psychologist Jerome Bruner pointed out, before children can visually represent anything, they scribble.… »
- As he was being forced to leave the USA, in 1948, the composer Hanns Eisler read this statement to the press: “I leave… »