Early morning wake up, pearlescent to holographic, another beautiful day, using Brunstone surfacing, Michael prepares a painting you can truly see into. Purely organic forms give way to infinite precise blasts of color that seems to emanate from far past the surface plane of the canvas.
The achievement of first creating, then developing a use for perplexing material techniques is a great one and rare. When applied, these techniques leave a surface that dances off the eye, yet remains stayed as a truly simple, beautiful work.
With no end in sight, Michael is producing work at a fiery pace. And with new projects in toe and on the horizon, the colorful work Michael shares with us will be something to surely keep an eye out for.
“As a friend of Michael’s, I can only say I have seen astounding intention behind his studio practice. Every time I see Michael at work I feel I understand more about his art. This is an especially great feeling because, too often, I expect something expected out of a visit to the galleries.” -Noah Gould, Fine Artist
Just Flying By is a show that evokes all the positive notions linked with peace and love and presents the practical notions of meaningful art and the choices artists make.
Michael Brunswick holds a BFA degree and an MFA degree from Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Fernando Mendoza Bravo November 2011. “The hour of the Wolf is the hour between night and dawn, when most people… »
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »