Early morning wake up, pearlescent to holographic, another beautiful day, using Brunstone surfacing, Michael prepares a painting you can truly see into. Purely organic forms give way to infinite precise blasts of color that seems to emanate from far past the surface plane of the canvas.
The achievement of first creating, then developing a use for perplexing material techniques is a great one and rare. When applied, these techniques leave a surface that dances off the eye, yet remains stayed as a truly simple, beautiful work.
With no end in sight, Michael is producing work at a fiery pace. And with new projects in toe and on the horizon, the colorful work Michael shares with us will be something to surely keep an eye out for.
“As a friend of Michael’s, I can only say I have seen astounding intention behind his studio practice. Every time I see Michael at work I feel I understand more about his art. This is an especially great feeling because, too often, I expect something expected out of a visit to the galleries.” -Noah Gould, Fine Artist
Just Flying By is a show that evokes all the positive notions linked with peace and love and presents the practical notions of meaningful art and the choices artists make.
Michael Brunswick holds a BFA degree and an MFA degree from Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- NEW YORK—A+E Studios is pleased to present Chasing Unicorns: Mythologies of Progress in American Landscapes, a group… »
- Matt Ducklo, 240, 2013, gelatin silver print, 24 x 20 inchescourtesy of LAUNCH F 18 gallery When I first saw Matt… »
- Deborah G. Nehmad uses paper as a type of surrogate material for human skin, and, therefore, by extension, for the human… »
- Martin Beck at 47 Canal Artist Martin Beck being reflective Thoughtful and cerebral art can be made well and captivate… »
- The art multitude at Foley Gallery Michael Foley on the left during the opening Celebrating its 20th Issue, the… »
- The energy of emotion at Clen Gallery, panoramic view (Middle) Clelia Zolli with friends “Build awareness, test new… »
- As the title of this show at Flowers implies, Lucy Jones openly defies expectations in regard to who is ‘supposed’ to… »
- Le Corbusier’s intentions were sincere. He saw poor folks living in dark, dirty, unhealthful and crowded slums and felt… »
- Christine Mackey – AC Institute The county you live in, in NY State, can mean a great deal to folks from other counties… »
- Regal Morbid Beauty as done by Joseph Grazi Art imitating Life or the other way around All artists are charged with the… »