Early morning wake up, pearlescent to holographic, another beautiful day, using Brunstone surfacing, Michael prepares a painting you can truly see into. Purely organic forms give way to infinite precise blasts of color that seems to emanate from far past the surface plane of the canvas.
The achievement of first creating, then developing a use for perplexing material techniques is a great one and rare. When applied, these techniques leave a surface that dances off the eye, yet remains stayed as a truly simple, beautiful work.
With no end in sight, Michael is producing work at a fiery pace. And with new projects in toe and on the horizon, the colorful work Michael shares with us will be something to surely keep an eye out for.
“As a friend of Michael’s, I can only say I have seen astounding intention behind his studio practice. Every time I see Michael at work I feel I understand more about his art. This is an especially great feeling because, too often, I expect something expected out of a visit to the galleries.” -Noah Gould, Fine Artist
Just Flying By is a show that evokes all the positive notions linked with peace and love and presents the practical notions of meaningful art and the choices artists make.
Michael Brunswick holds a BFA degree and an MFA degree from Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Welcome to the Last WHITNEY Gala Dinner - BFA (photo credit - Billy Farrell) The Whitney Museum of American Art is closing… »
- The Yard hosts the charity art event Curator Gregory de la Haba Jamie Martinez and his work at the event Art +… »
- Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Arte Povera… »
- Some serious wall art that makes you smile. Left to right: “Doe” by Kristen Leonard, “Absens” by Monique Mantell,… »
- Henry Cole (drums), Miguel Zenon (alto sax), Luis Perdomo (piano), Hans Glawischnig (bass)Photo credit: Braithwaite &… »
- Birthday, DETAIL, mixed media sculpture, 18” x 36” x 9”, 2004 (solid industrial grade velvet cement, steel… »
- The man in black Johnny Cash Wall to wall attendees at HASTED KRAEUTLER Portraits have come a long way. Painting your… »
- Mulberry Street where art and fashion meet at Something in Mind The photography of Olya Turcihin at SIM Close up of… »
- The work of Tom Martin for his show (Filthy) Lucre O Come All Ye Faithful to Art Night in Chelsea De Buck Gallery… »
- Guess who was really born on December 25th? That’s right, baby Mithras. He was a sun god in the Roman Empire who liked… »