Early morning wake up, pearlescent to holographic, another beautiful day, using Brunstone surfacing, Michael prepares a painting you can truly see into. Purely organic forms give way to infinite precise blasts of color that seems to emanate from far past the surface plane of the canvas.
The achievement of first creating, then developing a use for perplexing material techniques is a great one and rare. When applied, these techniques leave a surface that dances off the eye, yet remains stayed as a truly simple, beautiful work.
With no end in sight, Michael is producing work at a fiery pace. And with new projects in toe and on the horizon, the colorful work Michael shares with us will be something to surely keep an eye out for.
“As a friend of Michael’s, I can only say I have seen astounding intention behind his studio practice. Every time I see Michael at work I feel I understand more about his art. This is an especially great feeling because, too often, I expect something expected out of a visit to the galleries.” -Noah Gould, Fine Artist
Just Flying By is a show that evokes all the positive notions linked with peace and love and presents the practical notions of meaningful art and the choices artists make.
Michael Brunswick holds a BFA degree and an MFA degree from Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Moyra Davey, Diaries III, 2014, Digital C-print, tape, postage, ink, 12 x 18 inches Moyra Davey Burn the Diaries ICA… »
- In 1984 E.O. Wilson wrote the book Biophilia, which theorized that there was an inherent attraction that humans felt toward… »
- Studying details in the art of Antonio Petracca Close Up detail on the work of Antonio Petracca for Mezzogiorno Artist… »
- Thursday Art Night at FLOWERS Gallery Close Up Detail on work by Renny Tait It is the Major Duomo of ART Fun is on… »
- Sara MacCulloch Opening at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Thursday Art Night at 529 West 20th Street Building at Kathryn Markel… »
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »
- Rima Fujita, Avidya, 68x58 inches; mixed media on canvas Michela Martello, me on, work in progress for the installation,… »
- Karen Fitzgerald, The Shy Moon, 2013 Karen Fitzgerald, Idir Eathara, 2012 The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present… »