Conception Art Show returned to its Tribeca residence on Wednesday April 11th once again, turning up the heat beneath Manhattans downtown streets with its blended to perfection cocktail of emerging art.
Guests were treated to a visionary journey through the works of 20 of New York cities finest artisans and creators, each with a style unique and contrasting to its neighboring exhibitor.
Craftily put together by resident Conception curators Mike Wolf and Rachel Wilkins, its clear to see that this show delivers something that its competitors do not. From the intricate ballpoint pen artwork of Colleen Blackard, larger than life, radical abstract creations of Eddie Rehm to fine sculptural hand carved jewelry from Russian native Anastasia Savenko, the show delivers surprises and intrigue at every turn.
Drawing from the successes of its inaugural fall/winter shows in Tribeca, Conception returned with not only another stunningly hedonistic experience for the art and music lovers of NYC, but also with a purpose to raise funds for The National Breast Cancer Foundation.
“After 2 successful shows at our Tribeca venue we wanted to give something back and make a difference. All 3 founding members of our organization as well as many of you here tonight, I’m sure have been directly affected by cancer in some way.” said Conception partner Jennifer Blum during the organizations sincere address to the 400 plus guests.
A successful raffle was held thanks to generous donations from sponsoring businesses including restaurants Brick NYC and Flex Mussells, Designer Apparel store Variazioni and upper west sides “Chocolate Works”, as well as artwork, jewelry and music lessons donated by participating creators.
Conception Events proudly raised $1000 for the NBCF at this extraordinary event.
Conception Tribeca returns Wednesday June 13th 6pm at 22 Warren st, Tribeca, New YorkCity.
Participating artists: Collen Blackard, Laura Cuille, Joanthan Levy, Holly Del Rosso, James Giardina, Jonathan Levy, Eddie Pietrowski, Holly del Rosso, Eddie Rehm, Rafael Gonzalez, Nate and Noah Rice, Shirzad Khusrokhan, Jessica Hartley, Veronica Sharon, Paul Heath, Rodrigo Valles, Kenneth Ian, Rachel Wilkins, Mike Wolf, Eliana Iturbe, and featuring skateboard designer Rafael Colon, and jewerly designers Anastasia Savenkoand & Gladys Guiller.
- Conception night in Tribeca NYC
- CONCEPTION TRIBECA II – ART EVENT
- CASSIUS FOULER: FOUR BOROUGH
- Another great exhibit in Chelsea comes to a close !
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »
- DMAC-Duo Multicultural Arts Center, East Village, NYC is seeking works for its group show/performance art installation: Art… »
- A few days ago I went to see a slide presentation by performance and video artist Dread Scott; the event was part of a… »
- Sarah C. Rutherford, “Ocellus", Stain, Acrylic and Wood Burning, 48in x 92in Guests at the opening checking out the… »
- Inside and Out is a group show curated by Suechung Koh at Elga Wimmer Hyun Contemporary. The connecting thread through the… »