Conception Art Show returned to its Tribeca residence on Wednesday April 11th once again, turning up the heat beneath Manhattans downtown streets with its blended to perfection cocktail of emerging art.
Guests were treated to a visionary journey through the works of 20 of New York cities finest artisans and creators, each with a style unique and contrasting to its neighboring exhibitor.
Craftily put together by resident Conception curators Mike Wolf and Rachel Wilkins, its clear to see that this show delivers something that its competitors do not. From the intricate ballpoint pen artwork of Colleen Blackard, larger than life, radical abstract creations of Eddie Rehm to fine sculptural hand carved jewelry from Russian native Anastasia Savenko, the show delivers surprises and intrigue at every turn.
Drawing from the successes of its inaugural fall/winter shows in Tribeca, Conception returned with not only another stunningly hedonistic experience for the art and music lovers of NYC, but also with a purpose to raise funds for The National Breast Cancer Foundation.
“After 2 successful shows at our Tribeca venue we wanted to give something back and make a difference. All 3 founding members of our organization as well as many of you here tonight, I’m sure have been directly affected by cancer in some way.” said Conception partner Jennifer Blum during the organizations sincere address to the 400 plus guests.
A successful raffle was held thanks to generous donations from sponsoring businesses including restaurants Brick NYC and Flex Mussells, Designer Apparel store Variazioni and upper west sides “Chocolate Works”, as well as artwork, jewelry and music lessons donated by participating creators.
Conception Events proudly raised $1000 for the NBCF at this extraordinary event.
Conception Tribeca returns Wednesday June 13th 6pm at 22 Warren st, Tribeca, New YorkCity.
Participating artists: Collen Blackard, Laura Cuille, Joanthan Levy, Holly Del Rosso, James Giardina, Jonathan Levy, Eddie Pietrowski, Holly del Rosso, Eddie Rehm, Rafael Gonzalez, Nate and Noah Rice, Shirzad Khusrokhan, Jessica Hartley, Veronica Sharon, Paul Heath, Rodrigo Valles, Kenneth Ian, Rachel Wilkins, Mike Wolf, Eliana Iturbe, and featuring skateboard designer Rafael Colon, and jewerly designers Anastasia Savenkoand & Gladys Guiller.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »
- Mikhail Larionov (1881-1964), Abstract Composition, 1910, Pencil and watercolor on paper, 16.5 x 12 in / 41.9 x 30.4… »