Conception Art Show returned to its Tribeca residence on Wednesday April 11th once again, turning up the heat beneath Manhattans downtown streets with its blended to perfection cocktail of emerging art.
Guests were treated to a visionary journey through the works of 20 of New York cities finest artisans and creators, each with a style unique and contrasting to its neighboring exhibitor.
Craftily put together by resident Conception curators Mike Wolf and Rachel Wilkins, its clear to see that this show delivers something that its competitors do not. From the intricate ballpoint pen artwork of Colleen Blackard, larger than life, radical abstract creations of Eddie Rehm to fine sculptural hand carved jewelry from Russian native Anastasia Savenko, the show delivers surprises and intrigue at every turn.
Drawing from the successes of its inaugural fall/winter shows in Tribeca, Conception returned with not only another stunningly hedonistic experience for the art and music lovers of NYC, but also with a purpose to raise funds for The National Breast Cancer Foundation.
“After 2 successful shows at our Tribeca venue we wanted to give something back and make a difference. All 3 founding members of our organization as well as many of you here tonight, I’m sure have been directly affected by cancer in some way.” said Conception partner Jennifer Blum during the organizations sincere address to the 400 plus guests.
A successful raffle was held thanks to generous donations from sponsoring businesses including restaurants Brick NYC and Flex Mussells, Designer Apparel store Variazioni and upper west sides “Chocolate Works”, as well as artwork, jewelry and music lessons donated by participating creators.
Conception Events proudly raised $1000 for the NBCF at this extraordinary event.
Conception Tribeca returns Wednesday June 13th 6pm at 22 Warren st, Tribeca, New YorkCity.
Participating artists: Collen Blackard, Laura Cuille, Joanthan Levy, Holly Del Rosso, James Giardina, Jonathan Levy, Eddie Pietrowski, Holly del Rosso, Eddie Rehm, Rafael Gonzalez, Nate and Noah Rice, Shirzad Khusrokhan, Jessica Hartley, Veronica Sharon, Paul Heath, Rodrigo Valles, Kenneth Ian, Rachel Wilkins, Mike Wolf, Eliana Iturbe, and featuring skateboard designer Rafael Colon, and jewerly designers Anastasia Savenkoand & Gladys Guiller.
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Le Corbusier’s intentions were sincere. He saw poor folks living in dark, dirty, unhealthful and crowded slums and felt… »
- Christine Mackey – AC Institute The county you live in, in NY State, can mean a great deal to folks from other counties… »
- Regal Morbid Beauty as done by Joseph Grazi Art imitating Life or the other way around All artists are charged with the… »
- The work of Alois Kronschlaeger at Cristin Tierney The opening reception for Alois Kronschlaeger Experiencing the art… »
- The work of Bill Jensen at Cheim & Read Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Cheim & Read In amazement at the work… »
- The city of Juárez Mexico has launched a public relations campaign. Heartened by the fact that the city went from the #1… »
- View of Repsychling Group Exhibition "Repsychling" curated by Vida Sabbaghi at the Macy Art Gallery (Columbia… »
- "I had returned from Spain looking for the ‘sexual revolution’ and instead found sexual commercialization that mostly… »
- The Allegory of Painting, Oil on Canvas, 30 x 40 inches each painting - Diptych “Interior Conversation” at Van Der… »
- With astute observation and a wry wit, the dynamics of New York City’s denizens, streets and landmarks come to life in… »