Julia Roberts stars in a remake of the Walt Disney classic “Snow White”, meanwhile “Snow White and the Huntsman” is scheduled to debut in the next month. This kind of creative cloning has become prevalent in the contemporary entertainment industry, and is the crux of the critical lampooning dished out by “Mirror, Mirror” the forth exhibition hosted by the new Bushwick venue, AIRPLANE. Organized and conceived by Brittany Prater, these artists riff on the plethora of sequels, re-makes and do-overs that have recently swamped theaters and TV. Contains a tour of the exhibit by Brittany Prater.
Article and Video by: James Kalm
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Danilo Perez Panama 500 The start of Summer brings a bounty of splendor: beachy days and starry nights, barbeques… »
- Crank a Fish & See the Origins of Consciousness at ISE Cultural Foundation Spiritual fulfilment has often been… »
- Attendees at the MFA Photography Graduate Thesis show at The Sheila C. Johnson Design Center Gallery Commiserating over… »
- Eric Starosielski's studio Eric working on a new price in front of Angkor Wat, Late After Sunset, a back lit… »
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »