Julia Roberts stars in a remake of the Walt Disney classic “Snow White”, meanwhile “Snow White and the Huntsman” is scheduled to debut in the next month. This kind of creative cloning has become prevalent in the contemporary entertainment industry, and is the crux of the critical lampooning dished out by “Mirror, Mirror” the forth exhibition hosted by the new Bushwick venue, AIRPLANE. Organized and conceived by Brittany Prater, these artists riff on the plethora of sequels, re-makes and do-overs that have recently swamped theaters and TV. Contains a tour of the exhibit by Brittany Prater.
Article and Video by: James Kalm
Sign up for our newsletter!
Oscar Murillo At David Zwirner Gallery
- Lots of art denizens taking another look Drawn to the light of ART Thursday Art Night is HOT in Chelsea Welcome to… »
- A mural painting by Shie Moreno PORTRAIT of artist Shie Moreno Unexpectedly stepping foot into this happening haven—I… »
- (L-R) The Director of Cinders Gallery with Monique Mantell Our final stop for our Thursday night art walk was Cinders… »
- Nancy Reed - vocals Listening to Jazz music is often associated with the famous rooms of major cities. This setting… »
- This month, four artists come together to participate in the latest group show New Acquaintances—works by GAMA, Fu… »
- Caspar David Friedrich The artists of the Romantic Movement could see science coming, and it wasn’t pretty. Science… »
- Jack Youngerman, Blackfoil Beverly Pepper, Homage The 188th Annual shows that the National Academy continues as an arts… »
- The largest retrospective ever held of a single artist at the Whitney Museum, it’s not a secret, is the… »
- Jerry Kearns, Heaven’s Gate, 2014, Pigment print and acrylic on canvas, 36 x 48 inches Jerry Kearns,BAM BAM,… »
- Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic… »