Julia Roberts stars in a remake of the Walt Disney classic “Snow White”, meanwhile “Snow White and the Huntsman” is scheduled to debut in the next month. This kind of creative cloning has become prevalent in the contemporary entertainment industry, and is the crux of the critical lampooning dished out by “Mirror, Mirror” the forth exhibition hosted by the new Bushwick venue, AIRPLANE. Organized and conceived by Brittany Prater, these artists riff on the plethora of sequels, re-makes and do-overs that have recently swamped theaters and TV. Contains a tour of the exhibit by Brittany Prater.
Article and Video by: James Kalm
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- Mickalene Thomas, Les Trois Femmes Noires To me the current group show at Bill Hodges Gallery asks such questions as:… »
- ©Lynette Yiadom-Boakye. Courtesy of the artist, Jack Shainman Gallery, New York and Corvi-Mora, London. ©Lynette… »
- And it was a buzzing night on all levels I’d already had my share of overly-saturated experiences on Friday before I… »
- Breaking out of frame at NYSRP (L-R) Michael Geiger, Danielle Colon, William Powhida, Alan Lupiani, Tessa Binder The… »
- At Radiator Gallery in Long Island City Performance piece at the freight elevator Last week I was invited by a friend… »
- AF: Congratulations on your show Rad Roubeni. Can you please tell Arte Fuse about your background in photography and how… »
- Art night in the LES can be a golden opportunity Artist Elise Adibi The last time I saw the work and reviewed Elise… »
- Art night on the LES in Krause Gallery Stephan Zirwes & Marco Guglielmino at Krause Gallery Installation shot of… »
- Public Display: Streetscapes by Rad Roubeni Opening Reception: Sunday, December 21, 2014 4 - 7 p.m Exhibition… »
- Bloody good photos at Site 109 Photography lovers at Site 109 A bird's eye view at Site 109 Close Up Detail on one… »