Julia Roberts stars in a remake of the Walt Disney classic “Snow White”, meanwhile “Snow White and the Huntsman” is scheduled to debut in the next month. This kind of creative cloning has become prevalent in the contemporary entertainment industry, and is the crux of the critical lampooning dished out by “Mirror, Mirror” the forth exhibition hosted by the new Bushwick venue, AIRPLANE. Organized and conceived by Brittany Prater, these artists riff on the plethora of sequels, re-makes and do-overs that have recently swamped theaters and TV. Contains a tour of the exhibit by Brittany Prater.
Article and Video by: James Kalm
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »