Synchronicity Space Fine Art is pleased to present Roz Jacobs’ solo exhibition “Paintings and Process,” running from April 25 – June 2, 2012. New works on canvas, paper and iPad that pulsate with life draw viewers into the inner workings of the painting process.
Jacobs explores time and memory in her textured painted surfaces of French landscapes, New York cityscapes, New Orleans Musicians and Still Lifes. Both the canvases and video loops that expose the brushstrokes of her iPad paintings reveal that Jacobs’ process is an organic reconfiguration of abstract and figurative elements.
“People stand before a painting and see the end result of the process but not the many stages created, destroyed then re-created,” said Jacobs. “I try to unpack the process…which we usually only see traces of.”
This insight into her method connects to Jacobs’ paintings as light, movement and texture play key roles in transforming shape in space until the composition is found and re-found, becoming vibrant inviting artworks that are a feast for the senses.
The power of memory in tactile oil paintings, drawings and technology is an important element in these works. Jacobs began her foray into memory through her multi-media Jewish art exhibit “The Memory Project” which has been traveling through the USA and overseas and will continue on tour over the next few years.
In addition, this April her award-winning documentary Finding Kalman will be broadcast on public television and the book she co-authored with her mother, Finding Kalman-A Boy in Six Million will be released this spring.
A 99-page, color catalogue accompanies the exhibition.
Gallery hours: Wednesday through Saturday: 1PM to 7PM; Event reception to be held on Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 6-8pm
Jenn Sauer, Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Synchronicity Space Fine Art 106 E. 13th St, New York, New York 10011
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- AF: Congratulations on your show Rad Roubeni. Can you please tell Arte Fuse about your background in photography and how… »
- Art night in the LES can be a golden opportunity Artist Elise Adibi The last time I saw the work and reviewed Elise… »
- Art night on the LES in Krause Gallery Stephan Zirwes & Marco Guglielmino at Krause Gallery Installation shot of… »
- Public Display: Streetscapes by Rad Roubeni Opening Reception: Sunday, December 21, 2014 4 - 7 p.m Exhibition… »
- Bloody good photos at Site 109 Photography lovers at Site 109 A bird's eye view at Site 109 Close Up Detail on one… »
- Prime Set Who: Justin Stewart, Chandler Craig, Allison Barker and a collective of musicians, visual artists, and… »
- Festina Lente group show at Create and Collectduring Art Basel week 2014 Laura Cartagena and Tatiana Camacho WYNWOOD,… »
- On Friday November 14th, Arte Fuse visited Launch F18 for their final opening at its current location in Tribeca. The… »
- Press release provided by the Gallery Venus Over Manhattan and Sotheby’s S|2 present Cosa Nostra, the first major… »
- Graffiti at Fridge Art Fair Qinza and Zaks Art by Lady Millard Fridge Art Fair was pleased to offer exhibitors and… »