Logic and science are exact in its rudimentary formulas or equations that always produce the absolute answer to a problem. Arte Fuse braved a rainy storm on the Lower East Side to attend a group show called “Towards A Warm Math” at On Stellar Rays Gallery last April 22, 2012.
The show curated by Chris [...]
Announcing the first, New York solo exhibition by Japanese born and Boston-based Artist Kenji Nakayama. Simply entitled Kenji Nakayama, this must-see exhibition will be the most extensive presentation of his art to date, featuring photorealistic, hand-cut stencil, spray enamel, acrylic and mixed media paintings.
Nakayama’s dedication and work ethic is unprecedented and very well respected. [...]
Mike Weiss Gallery is pleased to present Navigator by Eugene Lemay. For his first solo exhibition at the gallery, Lemay presents an installation of large-scale, atmospheric tableaus composed of layers of digitally altered Hebrew text. Nearly black at first glance, the tapestry of indiscernible marks conjures notions of [...]
Early morning wake up, pearlescent to holographic, another beautiful day, using Brunstone surfacing, Michael prepares a painting you can truly see into. Purely organic forms give way to infinite precise blasts of color that seems to emanate from far past the surface plane of the canvas.
The achievement of first creating, then developing a use [...]
Galerie Protégé is pleased to present Color Diary, a solo exhibition of the work of painter Paul Thomas.
Thomas conceives abstract works on canvas and paper with a primary interest in exploring the relationship between color, form and spatial differentiation. Using thin washes of acrylic [...]
Conception Art Show returned to its Tribeca residence on Wednesday April 11th once again, turning up the heat beneath Manhattans downtown streets with its blended to perfection cocktail of emerging art.
Guests were treated to a visionary journey through the works of [...]
The Dino Eli Gallery is pleased to present Reflections of the Feminine Soul by artist Janet Cristenfeld. This moving exhibition of oils and watercolors depicts the many facets of a woman’s experience: from pain, mourning, solitude, and contemplation to expressions of sensuality and love to a more enlightened awareness of one’s spiritual nature. Through the [...]
I L I A D Contemporary is pleased to announce PARTICLES+WAVES, a curated group exhibition at its 57th Street gallery. PARTICLES+WAVES will present a group of twelve artists whose work resonates with quantum theory, the perplexities of the subatomic world, and various interpretations of the “observer-dependent universe” through visual metaphors presenting the paradox of particle/wave [...]
This small but explosive space showcased the works of six young Russian Artists. The idea? To comment upon Russia’s present day socio-political environment. Alexander Anastasia Ryabova, David Ter-Oganyan, Alexandra Galkina, Sergey Sapozhnikov and Ivan Brazkin, amongst many of their compatriots, are fed up with the [...]
Frieze New York presents the most forward-thinking galleries from around the globe, bringing an international focus to the dynamic contemporary art scene in New York.
In addition to being able to see work by over 1,000 of the world’s leading artists, visitors can experience Frieze Projects, the fair’s program of artists’ commissions, and [...]
PULSE Contemporary Art Fair presents PULSE New York 2012, a leading art fair dedicated to international contemporary art, from May 3-6, 2012, at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City. Currently in its seventh edition, PULSE New York will host sixty national and international galleries, presenting exhibitions that span across all media, from [...]
Julia Roberts stars in a remake of the Walt Disney classic “Snow White”, meanwhile “Snow White and the Huntsman” is scheduled to debut in the next month. This kind of creative cloning has become prevalent in the contemporary entertainment industry, and is the crux of the critical lampooning dished out by “Mirror, Mirror” the [...]
Scribles & KC (Gnomes Grown)
Art by Kaliptus
Art by Kaliptus
Art of Kaliptus
Art by Kaliptus
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
1913 | “Contrast of Forms” by Fernand Léger
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »
- Meg Cranston recipient of the Artadia NADA award Hudson of Feature Inc talking to a client at NADA Art Fair Debo… »
- The 81 Foot Balloon Dog by Paul McCarthy greets all at Frieze Art Fair NY 2013 Jack Early at McCaffrey Fine Art Booth … »
- Thomas Witte: "Piazza San Marco" 2012 Hand cut archival paper at Davidson Contemporary Cameron Gray at Mike Weiss… »