The show features large-scale photographs of Africa and its inhabitants, putting them in the context of the environment and transport the viewer to such legendary and exotic locations as Masai Mara and Amboseli.
Among the pieces featured is “The Hurd”, a never-before seen fifty square foot panoramic. It is Max Noy’s largest work to date and the largest work to be exhibited at Dino Eli Gallery.
The show is presented in conjunction with a limited-edition fine art portfolio including a reproduction of “The Hurd” and two additional images in an unbound portfolio.
Images are on view from January 20th to 27th. Artist reception will be held on Friday, January 20th,7-9pm.
Max Noy was born in Moscow, Russia, grew up on the West Coast, studied at University of Washington in Seattle, and currently lives and works in New York City. He exhibits widely around New York City area.
Dino Eli Gallery was established in 2011 with a mission of discovering and showcasing the best of emerging artists on the New York art scene. It is located in the heart of the Lower East Side gallery district, at intersection of Orchard Street and Grand.
Dino Eli Gallery
81 Hester St
New York, NY
Max Noy Photography
223 W 21st St
New York, NY
Sign up for our newsletter!
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »
- Rima Fujita, Avidya, 68x58 inches; mixed media on canvas Michela Martello, me on, work in progress for the installation,… »
- Karen Fitzgerald, The Shy Moon, 2013 Karen Fitzgerald, Idir Eathara, 2012 The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present… »
- The great Vito Acconci let us into his studio in Dumbo (Brooklyn) for a conversation. During which he went over his history… »
- Garis & Hahn Gallery on the Bowery Artist Julien Levy taking a moment to check phone messages of… »
- Post To My Wall is FUN Downtown Casual Cool for reception of Alex Kelleher Alex Kelleher at his reception in Sohotel… »
- What if Abbie Hoffman had been cryogenically frozen after his suicide in 1989 and was then brought back to life again… »
- Federico Infante, Toward The Sun, 2014, Acrylic on Canvas, 47¾" x 99" The Bertrand Delacroix Gallery in Chelsea is… »