The show features large-scale photographs of Africa and its inhabitants, putting them in the context of the environment and transport the viewer to such legendary and exotic locations as Masai Mara and Amboseli.
Among the pieces featured is “The Hurd”, a never-before seen fifty square foot panoramic. It is Max Noy’s largest work to date and the largest work to be exhibited at Dino Eli Gallery.
The show is presented in conjunction with a limited-edition fine art portfolio including a reproduction of “The Hurd” and two additional images in an unbound portfolio.
Images are on view from January 20th to 27th. Artist reception will be held on Friday, January 20th,7-9pm.
Max Noy was born in Moscow, Russia, grew up on the West Coast, studied at University of Washington in Seattle, and currently lives and works in New York City. He exhibits widely around New York City area.
Dino Eli Gallery was established in 2011 with a mission of discovering and showcasing the best of emerging artists on the New York art scene. It is located in the heart of the Lower East Side gallery district, at intersection of Orchard Street and Grand.
Dino Eli Gallery
81 Hester St
New York, NY
Max Noy Photography
223 W 21st St
New York, NY
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- The origin of the current show at Mayson Pop-Up Space, at 98 Orchard Street (the basement space at Castle Fitzjohns),… »
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »
- Elise P. Church, T-Cells, paper, photographs, ink, graphite21 x 14 in., 2014, image courtesy of Molly Krom Gallery Elise… »
- You may have seen some of Bruce Davenport Jr.’s work at the recent Outsider Art Fair in New York City. For this current show… »
- Katya Grokhovsky, Disturbance, 2015, mixed media, found objects, photo: Peter Gynd Katya Grokhovsky, Lips, 2014, mixed… »