The show features large-scale photographs of Africa and its inhabitants, putting them in the context of the environment and transport the viewer to such legendary and exotic locations as Masai Mara and Amboseli.
Among the pieces featured is “The Hurd”, a never-before seen fifty square foot panoramic. It is Max Noy’s largest work to date and the largest work to be exhibited at Dino Eli Gallery.
The show is presented in conjunction with a limited-edition fine art portfolio including a reproduction of “The Hurd” and two additional images in an unbound portfolio.
Images are on view from January 20th to 27th. Artist reception will be held on Friday, January 20th,7-9pm.
Max Noy was born in Moscow, Russia, grew up on the West Coast, studied at University of Washington in Seattle, and currently lives and works in New York City. He exhibits widely around New York City area.
Dino Eli Gallery was established in 2011 with a mission of discovering and showcasing the best of emerging artists on the New York art scene. It is located in the heart of the Lower East Side gallery district, at intersection of Orchard Street and Grand.
Dino Eli Gallery
81 Hester St
New York, NY
Max Noy Photography
223 W 21st St
New York, NY
Sign up for our newsletter!
Ryan Piers Williams: Monsters and Landscapes
2015 OPEN CALL AT COOHAUS ART MORA GALLERY
- Maria Constanza Cerullo Chief Curator at MACBA MUseum I AF: MACBA - Museum of Contemporary Art in Buenos Aires opened… »
- Guests enjoying the project 365 DEGREES OF INSTANT FILM at the opening of MONSTERS AND LANDSCAPES exhibition by Ryan Piers… »
- Open Call 2015 at Coohaus Art Mora Stop by the gallery to vote for your favorite piece A guest enjoying the work of… »
- Sculpture by Aaron Spangler Ellen Lesperance TAKE BACK VERMONT! struck me as a timely, relevant and even important type… »
- Sumi ink is made of a type of compressed soot derived from burning plant seed oils, which is then mixed with bone glue.… »
- Exterior of frosch & portmann on the LES frosch & portmann opening reception for Brad Nelson Back in January… »
- So many statements made at the show RESPOND in Smack Mellon Respond at Smack Mellon in DUMBO The Art goers come out… »
- Perusing the art of Erin Smith Amy Li (at center) with guests at the opening for Erin Smith Here is the unusual… »
- As the cognitive psychologist Jerome Bruner pointed out, before children can visually represent anything, they scribble.… »
- As he was being forced to leave the USA, in 1948, the composer Hanns Eisler read this statement to the press: “I leave… »