Tuesday night I went to the opening at Milavec Hakimi Gallery for “Serenity Now” a group show exhibition of recent paintings, photographs and sculptures by the artists John Gordon Gauld, Lisa Lebofsky, Ioana Manolache, Matthias Pliessnig, Jessica Speckhard, and Jeremy Wagner. I stayed all the way until the end and it seemed like I wasn’t the only one because the gallery was packed all through the night, with over 200 people in attendance. I really enjoyed this show, not only was the theme relaxing and calming but it was well put together and it had a kind of tranquil feeling that takes you away from the pressures of everyday life. Three of the artists showing use metal surfaces making their work dense, and textured, but still calm, giving it a bit of contrast. I loved Lisa Lebofsky’s playful ocean and glacier paintings and Jeremy Wagner’s rustic billboard paintings that have a lot of character and industrial feeling to them. Jessica Speakhard’s clean cut photographic collages are almost like dreams. They really take you away from the everyday troubles that life offers and whispers you away to a dreamlike land where nothing really matters other than the purity of a vision or thought. The remaining artists also had great pieces worth checking out. Make sure you stop by “Serenity Now” and also get to know this new gallery located in the gorgeous Cooper Square building. The show runs from November 1st through December 9that Milavec Hakimi Gallery located on 51st cooper square.
For further inquiries, please contact email@example.com and visit our website at www.milavechakimi.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »
- Rima Fujita, Avidya, 68x58 inches; mixed media on canvas Michela Martello, me on, work in progress for the installation,… »
- Karen Fitzgerald, The Shy Moon, 2013 Karen Fitzgerald, Idir Eathara, 2012 The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present… »
- The great Vito Acconci let us into his studio in Dumbo (Brooklyn) for a conversation. During which he went over his history… »
- Garis & Hahn Gallery on the Bowery Artist Julien Levy taking a moment to check phone messages of… »
- Post To My Wall is FUN Downtown Casual Cool for reception of Alex Kelleher Alex Kelleher at his reception in Sohotel… »
- What if Abbie Hoffman had been cryogenically frozen after his suicide in 1989 and was then brought back to life again… »
- Federico Infante, Toward The Sun, 2014, Acrylic on Canvas, 47¾" x 99" The Bertrand Delacroix Gallery in Chelsea is… »