Tuesday night I went to the opening at Milavec Hakimi Gallery for “Serenity Now” a group show exhibition of recent paintings, photographs and sculptures by the artists John Gordon Gauld, Lisa Lebofsky, Ioana Manolache, Matthias Pliessnig, Jessica Speckhard, and Jeremy Wagner. I stayed all the way until the end and it seemed like I wasn’t the only one because the gallery was packed all through the night, with over 200 people in attendance. I really enjoyed this show, not only was the theme relaxing and calming but it was well put together and it had a kind of tranquil feeling that takes you away from the pressures of everyday life. Three of the artists showing use metal surfaces making their work dense, and textured, but still calm, giving it a bit of contrast. I loved Lisa Lebofsky’s playful ocean and glacier paintings and Jeremy Wagner’s rustic billboard paintings that have a lot of character and industrial feeling to them. Jessica Speakhard’s clean cut photographic collages are almost like dreams. They really take you away from the everyday troubles that life offers and whispers you away to a dreamlike land where nothing really matters other than the purity of a vision or thought. The remaining artists also had great pieces worth checking out. Make sure you stop by “Serenity Now” and also get to know this new gallery located in the gorgeous Cooper Square building. The show runs from November 1st through December 9that Milavec Hakimi Gallery located on 51st cooper square.
For further inquiries, please contact email@example.com and visit our website at www.milavechakimi.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Ryan Piers Williams: Monsters and Landscapes
2015 OPEN CALL AT COOHAUS ART MORA GALLERY
- Portrait painting owes its most meaningful possible impact to our ability to discern character traits and emotional… »
- Ho-ho-ho for Art at Postmasters Gallery Postmasters Gallery presents Ryder Ripps Artist Ryder Ripps Postmasters… »
- Thursday Art Night at Dillon Gallery The eyes have it in the work of Santiago Ydanez Artist Santiago Ydanez The… »
- The art crowd at Winston Wachter Gallery The image transformed in the work of Margeaux Walter Artist Margeaux… »
- Maria Constanza Cerullo Chief Curator at MACBA MUseum I AF: MACBA - Museum of Contemporary Art in Buenos Aires opened… »
- Guests enjoying the project 365 DEGREES OF INSTANT FILM at the opening of MONSTERS AND LANDSCAPES exhibition by Ryan Piers… »
- Open Call 2015 at Coohaus Art Mora Stop by the gallery to vote for your favorite piece A guest enjoying the work of… »
- Sculpture by Aaron Spangler Ellen Lesperance TAKE BACK VERMONT! struck me as a timely, relevant and even important type… »
- Sumi ink is made of a type of compressed soot derived from burning plant seed oils, which is then mixed with bone glue.… »
- Exterior of frosch & portmann on the LES frosch & portmann opening reception for Brad Nelson Back in January… »