Tuesday night I went to the opening at Milavec Hakimi Gallery for “Serenity Now” a group show exhibition of recent paintings, photographs and sculptures by the artists John Gordon Gauld, Lisa Lebofsky, Ioana Manolache, Matthias Pliessnig, Jessica Speckhard, and Jeremy Wagner. I stayed all the way until the end and it seemed like I wasn’t the only one because the gallery was packed all through the night, with over 200 people in attendance. I really enjoyed this show, not only was the theme relaxing and calming but it was well put together and it had a kind of tranquil feeling that takes you away from the pressures of everyday life. Three of the artists showing use metal surfaces making their work dense, and textured, but still calm, giving it a bit of contrast. I loved Lisa Lebofsky’s playful ocean and glacier paintings and Jeremy Wagner’s rustic billboard paintings that have a lot of character and industrial feeling to them. Jessica Speakhard’s clean cut photographic collages are almost like dreams. They really take you away from the everyday troubles that life offers and whispers you away to a dreamlike land where nothing really matters other than the purity of a vision or thought. The remaining artists also had great pieces worth checking out. Make sure you stop by “Serenity Now” and also get to know this new gallery located in the gorgeous Cooper Square building. The show runs from November 1st through December 9that Milavec Hakimi Gallery located on 51st cooper square.
For further inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our website at www.milavechakimi.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Coming in the wake of Iran Modern at the Asia Society, a show that showcased many Iranian modern masters, Portraits:… »
- Skylight gallery mistook his wife for a hat, or rather her husband since the gallery is directed by Carla Goldberg , and the… »
- Interrelated Echoes, 2014, (view 1) Steel, 62" x 41" So you’ve seen Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man – the… »
- Chambers Fine Art and Francis Naumann Fine Art have teamed up to present some of Ai Wei Wei’s latest work, along with a… »
- After two intense weeks of attending openings to kick-off the Fall 2014 Art Season, AF went back to Chelsea for… »
- Co-owner Frank Maresca Our final stop for the evening was Body Electric curated by Margot Mifflin at Ricco… »
- Iranian born New York based Samira Abbassy’s solo exhibition Conflicting Narratives: Series of Eternal War at B2OA… »
- Sometimes Brian Calvin paints a slightly open mouth against a plain background. Sometimes he presents an image of this… »
- Welcome to art night on Wednesday in NOLITA at Rebecca Hossack Gallery Wednesday night in NOLITA is alive with their art… »
- Definitely not a wall flower with this piece “Wear It Loud” at R|R Gallery Art +Jewelry Exhibition—Mercedes… »