Tuesday night I went to the opening at Milavec Hakimi Gallery for “Serenity Now” a group show exhibition of recent paintings, photographs and sculptures by the artists John Gordon Gauld, Lisa Lebofsky, Ioana Manolache, Matthias Pliessnig, Jessica Speckhard, and Jeremy Wagner. I stayed all the way until the end and it seemed like I wasn’t the only one because the gallery was packed all through the night, with over 200 people in attendance. I really enjoyed this show, not only was the theme relaxing and calming but it was well put together and it had a kind of tranquil feeling that takes you away from the pressures of everyday life. Three of the artists showing use metal surfaces making their work dense, and textured, but still calm, giving it a bit of contrast. I loved Lisa Lebofsky’s playful ocean and glacier paintings and Jeremy Wagner’s rustic billboard paintings that have a lot of character and industrial feeling to them. Jessica Speakhard’s clean cut photographic collages are almost like dreams. They really take you away from the everyday troubles that life offers and whispers you away to a dreamlike land where nothing really matters other than the purity of a vision or thought. The remaining artists also had great pieces worth checking out. Make sure you stop by “Serenity Now” and also get to know this new gallery located in the gorgeous Cooper Square building. The show runs from November 1st through December 9that Milavec Hakimi Gallery located on 51st cooper square.
For further inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our website at www.milavechakimi.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Le Corbusier’s intentions were sincere. He saw poor folks living in dark, dirty, unhealthful and crowded slums and felt… »
- Christine Mackey – AC Institute The county you live in, in NY State, can mean a great deal to folks from other counties… »
- Regal Morbid Beauty as done by Joseph Grazi Art imitating Life or the other way around All artists are charged with the… »
- The work of Alois Kronschlaeger at Cristin Tierney The opening reception for Alois Kronschlaeger Experiencing the art… »
- The work of Bill Jensen at Cheim & Read Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Cheim & Read In amazement at the work… »
- The city of Juárez Mexico has launched a public relations campaign. Heartened by the fact that the city went from the #1… »
- View of Repsychling Group Exhibition "Repsychling" curated by Vida Sabbaghi at the Macy Art Gallery (Columbia… »
- "I had returned from Spain looking for the ‘sexual revolution’ and instead found sexual commercialization that mostly… »
- The Allegory of Painting, Oil on Canvas, 30 x 40 inches each painting - Diptych “Interior Conversation” at Van Der… »
- With astute observation and a wry wit, the dynamics of New York City’s denizens, streets and landmarks come to life in… »