Tuesday night I went to the opening at Milavec Hakimi Gallery for “Serenity Now” a group show exhibition of recent paintings, photographs and sculptures by the artists John Gordon Gauld, Lisa Lebofsky, Ioana Manolache, Matthias Pliessnig, Jessica Speckhard, and Jeremy Wagner. I stayed all the way until the end and it seemed like I wasn’t the only one because the gallery was packed all through the night, with over 200 people in attendance. I really enjoyed this show, not only was the theme relaxing and calming but it was well put together and it had a kind of tranquil feeling that takes you away from the pressures of everyday life. Three of the artists showing use metal surfaces making their work dense, and textured, but still calm, giving it a bit of contrast. I loved Lisa Lebofsky’s playful ocean and glacier paintings and Jeremy Wagner’s rustic billboard paintings that have a lot of character and industrial feeling to them. Jessica Speakhard’s clean cut photographic collages are almost like dreams. They really take you away from the everyday troubles that life offers and whispers you away to a dreamlike land where nothing really matters other than the purity of a vision or thought. The remaining artists also had great pieces worth checking out. Make sure you stop by “Serenity Now” and also get to know this new gallery located in the gorgeous Cooper Square building. The show runs from November 1st through December 9that Milavec Hakimi Gallery located on 51st cooper square.
For further inquiries, please contact email@example.com and visit our website at www.milavechakimi.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »