SPACEWOMb Gallery is proud to present ‘Ambient Milieus’ a group illustration exhibition curated by Minjie Yoo, featuring 14 artists, Hyonyoung Kim, Joo Young Kim, Julia Movchan, Keicocco Suzuki, Klaus Shmidheiser, Larry Swetman, Laura Tack, Mieko Anekawa, Mihye Suh, Rachel Fagiano, Ramiro Davaro-Comas, Shawn Yu, Tyler Mitchell and William Pena.
Everyone comes from different backgrounds. These environments in which people adapt from are what makes an individual unique from one another. The way we perceive others can be based on childhood, cultures, current events, politics, and religious statuses. Although these artists each come from diverse settings, through collaboration, they manage to explore and expose each own idea of milieus in various approaches.
Please come to the Opening reception on Friday, September 9 from 6-8 PM!
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- The origin of the current show at Mayson Pop-Up Space, at 98 Orchard Street (the basement space at Castle Fitzjohns),… »
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »
- Elise P. Church, T-Cells, paper, photographs, ink, graphite21 x 14 in., 2014, image courtesy of Molly Krom Gallery Elise… »
- You may have seen some of Bruce Davenport Jr.’s work at the recent Outsider Art Fair in New York City. For this current show… »
- Katya Grokhovsky, Disturbance, 2015, mixed media, found objects, photo: Peter Gynd Katya Grokhovsky, Lips, 2014, mixed… »