SPACEWOMb Gallery is proud to present ‘Ambient Milieus’ a group illustration exhibition curated by Minjie Yoo, featuring 14 artists, Hyonyoung Kim, Joo Young Kim, Julia Movchan, Keicocco Suzuki, Klaus Shmidheiser, Larry Swetman, Laura Tack, Mieko Anekawa, Mihye Suh, Rachel Fagiano, Ramiro Davaro-Comas, Shawn Yu, Tyler Mitchell and William Pena.
Everyone comes from different backgrounds. These environments in which people adapt from are what makes an individual unique from one another. The way we perceive others can be based on childhood, cultures, current events, politics, and religious statuses. Although these artists each come from diverse settings, through collaboration, they manage to explore and expose each own idea of milieus in various approaches.
Please come to the Opening reception on Friday, September 9 from 6-8 PM!
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Fernando Mendoza Bravo November 2011. “The hour of the Wolf is the hour between night and dawn, when most people… »
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »