SPACEWOMb Gallery is proud to present ‘Ambient Milieus’ a group illustration exhibition curated by Minjie Yoo, featuring 14 artists, Hyonyoung Kim, Joo Young Kim, Julia Movchan, Keicocco Suzuki, Klaus Shmidheiser, Larry Swetman, Laura Tack, Mieko Anekawa, Mihye Suh, Rachel Fagiano, Ramiro Davaro-Comas, Shawn Yu, Tyler Mitchell and William Pena.
Everyone comes from different backgrounds. These environments in which people adapt from are what makes an individual unique from one another. The way we perceive others can be based on childhood, cultures, current events, politics, and religious statuses. Although these artists each come from diverse settings, through collaboration, they manage to explore and expose each own idea of milieus in various approaches.
Please come to the Opening reception on Friday, September 9 from 6-8 PM!
Like us on Facebook
Sign up for our newsletter!
- The term highbrow isn’t used much anymore but the term used to indicate someone of immense intelligence with the highest… »
- The crowd at the opening Do you get excited when you hear the words “nonprofit” and “community” in the same… »
- Select Fair 2015 performance Independent, New York, 2013 (Installation View) Courtesy Independent, New York Joseph… »
- The Nancy Margolis Gallery opened a solo show of recent work by painter Melodie Provenzano last week where the celebratory… »
- Stepping into Tam Van Tran’s show at Susanne Vielmetter in Los Angeles, one may be forgiven for wondering if they have… »
- The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present There Is No Room For Us Here, a group exhibition featuring selected works by Monique… »
- Will Barnett, Martha and Two Cats, 1984Watercolor, Gouache and Crayon on Paper28 5/8 x 25 1/8 in At the height of the… »
- The Latin “sub rosa”, literally under the rose, comes from the ancient custom of hanging or painting a rose on the ceiling… »
- Thursday May 21st - Sunday June 14th 2015 Opening Reception: Thursday May 21st from 6:00 to 9:00 pm ’60… »
- Chroma-key and Labrynth, 2013, HD video, color, sound, 15min 15 sec “Pain makes people raise questions, and those who… »