SPACEWOMb Gallery is proud to present ‘Ambient Milieus’ a group illustration exhibition curated by Minjie Yoo, featuring 14 artists, Hyonyoung Kim, Joo Young Kim, Julia Movchan, Keicocco Suzuki, Klaus Shmidheiser, Larry Swetman, Laura Tack, Mieko Anekawa, Mihye Suh, Rachel Fagiano, Ramiro Davaro-Comas, Shawn Yu, Tyler Mitchell and William Pena.
Everyone comes from different backgrounds. These environments in which people adapt from are what makes an individual unique from one another. The way we perceive others can be based on childhood, cultures, current events, politics, and religious statuses. Although these artists each come from diverse settings, through collaboration, they manage to explore and expose each own idea of milieus in various approaches.
Please come to the Opening reception on Friday, September 9 from 6-8 PM!
- Haeri Yoo is Running Out of Control Beautifully
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- Spurts of Artistic Growth at Rachel Uffner
- Magic Custom Wants
- Picture This: The First Cut is the Deepest at Anna Kustera
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- A new art installation at a popular West Village wine and dessert bar is catching the eye of many neighborhood residents.… »
- Select Group to Discover the Techniques of Figurative Art NEW YORK, NY July 21st, 2014 -- Renowned figurative painter… »
- Charles Burchfield, an amazing American artist from the past, once wrote: “An artist must paint not what he sees in… »
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »