SPACEWOMb Gallery is proud to present ‘Ambient Milieus’ a group illustration exhibition curated by Minjie Yoo, featuring 14 artists, Hyonyoung Kim, Joo Young Kim, Julia Movchan, Keicocco Suzuki, Klaus Shmidheiser, Larry Swetman, Laura Tack, Mieko Anekawa, Mihye Suh, Rachel Fagiano, Ramiro Davaro-Comas, Shawn Yu, Tyler Mitchell and William Pena.
Everyone comes from different backgrounds. These environments in which people adapt from are what makes an individual unique from one another. The way we perceive others can be based on childhood, cultures, current events, politics, and religious statuses. Although these artists each come from diverse settings, through collaboration, they manage to explore and expose each own idea of milieus in various approaches.
Please come to the Opening reception on Friday, September 9 from 6-8 PM!
- Haeri Yoo is Running Out of Control Beautifully
- Check out: FOUNTAIN NEW YORK ANNOUNCES MASSIVE STREET ART INSTALLATION FOR 2011 FAIR Ten Revered Artists Collaborate on a 100-Foot Installation from March 4–March 6, 12pm–7pm
- Spurts of Artistic Growth at Rachel Uffner
- Magic Custom Wants
- Picture This: The First Cut is the Deepest at Anna Kustera
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- In 2012 an 84 year-old Roman Catholic nun and two male companions cut through three fences at the Y-12 nuclear weapons… »
- One of the highlights of the Chelsea opening night last week was Deborah Butterfield’s striking sculptures of horses,… »
- Several months ago I wandered into ClampArt on a Saturday afternoon and saw that the gallery was primarily filled with… »
- Satan Ceramics at Salon 94 When Michelle Grabner curated the Whitney Biennial a line was drawn, a declaration that there is… »
- My name is Tasha Lewis and I want to share with you the story of my global collaborative street art project Swarm The… »
- Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda Two painintgs by Christopher Le Brun photo from Friedman Benda Gallery Into each… »
- Another great art night in Chelsea (L-R) Joseph Gross with artist Ted Lawson The electric backdrop of art at Joseph… »
- A good crowd at David Benjamin Sherry opening in Danziger Gallery Artist David Benjamin Sherry David Benjamin Sherry… »
- Alexander Gray (in orange jacket) with the designer and models Vegan Grade Couture deserve Vegan Shoes With the FALL… »
- Why did New York City become one of the centers of the world banking system? It started with shipping. Before Wall Street… »