The present guest shows in Manière Noire a series of graphics, called “Fruits of the Stone”. This poetical title can be understood both, in its physical sense, (all what the visitors can see at the moment is a result of printing an image from the limestone), or connected with the term “Fruits” at issue.
The artist herself, after playing once with words, plays also with images. One probably expects to see proper shapes, but no, here the fruits have left all their adequate characteristics. They have become synthetic, simpler geometrical elements.
As Professor Pawel Frackiewicz defines her work, Trojanowska’s graphics are closed and open images. Closed – because surrounded radically from another irrelevant matter, like paper-cuts. Instead this is only a cut from the whole. If carefully observed, in the “flesh of the fruits” there are hundreds of lines whose beginning or end one does not find. But if a background is imagined, there would immediately appear a space full of trajectories left from objects moving through it. Anna’s Lithographs also recall ultrasonographs. This diversity of connotations makes her “Fruits of the Stone” reflect light and then breathe, change shapes and dimensions from a micro to macro cosmos.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Anna Trojanowska was born in 1978 in Wrocław. In 2002 graduated from the Faculty of Graphics at the Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław. Currently works as an assistant tutor in the Studio of Lithography. Her accomplishments include both printmaking as well as screen graphics in a broad sense. Together with prof. P. Frąckiewicz delivered workshops and lectures in the frames of the National Print Symposium in Katowice in 2005 and the 5′th International Lithographic Symposium in Tidaholm (Sweden) in 2006. Won a scholarship in the 1st edition of the scholarship programme of the National Centre of Art and the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage “Young Poland’ in 2004, scholarships of the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Poland for the years 2001-2002 and the grant of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland for project “Friuts of the stone” in 2009-2010. The websites co-developed by her have been widely appreciated, among other at festivals: International EMMAs in Toronto 2002, Flash Film Festival/Flashforrward 2002 in New York, the prizes “Site of The Day” FWA 2002 and 2006, tehe prizes on Webstarfestival 2006, 2007, 2008. She presented her works in numerous exhibitions in Poland and abroad, eg: Chicago, Charlotte, Konxville (USA), Cadaques (Spain), Liberec (Czech Republic), Florence (Italy), Taiwan, Cluj (Romania), Tidaholm (Sweden), Bitola (Macedonia), Tjanjin (Chiny), Thessaloniki (Greece), Brugge (Belgium)… In 2010 she received first prize at the 6th Lithographic Symposium in Tidaholm, Sweden.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
James Turrell: “Second Meeting” | “Exclusive” | Art21
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- Front of Site 109 where Jack Geary Contemporary presents Federico Cattaneo On to the more glamorous side of the LES from… »
- Even the Dragon gets into the Street Vibe via skateboard The fine china collection by Sheryo x the Yok at Krause… »
- Venus photo by Olya Turcihin Alright, I know what you’re thinking. AF has gone to the dogs indeed! What are we drinking… »
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »