Seth Zimiles has been working as a sculptor in New York City and the surrounding area since the early 1990’s. He has had numerous group and solo shows of his work in Manhattan and in galleries throughout the Northeast. His compositions derive from his own poetic imagery, as well as an interest in exploring the expressive possibilities of different materials. Opposites can play against each other, such as a hard metal that appears organic and soft, or sharp forms imposing on soft forms. Whether in wax, metal, plastic, or clay, it is the immediacy of the process at which these materials react that help to give his sculpture mutability, and adds to the ephemeral nature of his work. Through his art he interprets the human experience. Personal, religious, and psychological themes permeate throughout his compositions. Figurative and non-figurative elements create a contextual landscape. His sculptures are inspired by liquidity and impermanence. These forms are fluid, and emerge as if they have undergone the effects of natural occurrences. His intent is for these works to arrest time, and appear as if they have been stopped while pursuing a perpetual course of action, in the same way a photograph will capture a fleeting moment or emotion.
This show is dedicated to Seth’s father who passed away on May 28th 2009.
Sign up for our newsletter!
“Sir! Sir! ….Sorry.” By Ivaylo Gueorgiev at Launch F-18
- AF: Congratulations on your show Rad Roubeni. Can you please tell Arte Fuse about your background in photography and how… »
- Art night in the LES can be a golden opportunity Artist Elise Adibi The last time I saw the work and reviewed Elise… »
- Art night on the LES in Krause Gallery Stephan Zirwes & Marco Guglielmino at Krause Gallery Installation shot of… »
- Public Display: Streetscapes by Rad Roubeni Opening Reception: Sunday, December 21, 2014 4 - 7 p.m Exhibition… »
- Bloody good photos at Site 109 Photography lovers at Site 109 A bird's eye view at Site 109 Close Up Detail on one… »
- Prime Set Who: Justin Stewart, Chandler Craig, Allison Barker and a collective of musicians, visual artists, and… »
- Festina Lente group show at Create and Collectduring Art Basel week 2014 Laura Cartagena and Tatiana Camacho WYNWOOD,… »
- On Friday November 14th, Arte Fuse visited Launch F18 for their final opening at its current location in Tribeca. The… »
- Press release provided by the Gallery Venus Over Manhattan and Sotheby’s S|2 present Cosa Nostra, the first major… »
- Graffiti at Fridge Art Fair Qinza and Zaks Art by Lady Millard Fridge Art Fair was pleased to offer exhibitors and… »