Seth Zimiles has been working as a sculptor in New York City and the surrounding area since the early 1990’s. He has had numerous group and solo shows of his work in Manhattan and in galleries throughout the Northeast. His compositions derive from his own poetic imagery, as well as an interest in exploring the expressive possibilities of different materials. Opposites can play against each other, such as a hard metal that appears organic and soft, or sharp forms imposing on soft forms. Whether in wax, metal, plastic, or clay, it is the immediacy of the process at which these materials react that help to give his sculpture mutability, and adds to the ephemeral nature of his work. Through his art he interprets the human experience. Personal, religious, and psychological themes permeate throughout his compositions. Figurative and non-figurative elements create a contextual landscape. His sculptures are inspired by liquidity and impermanence. These forms are fluid, and emerge as if they have undergone the effects of natural occurrences. His intent is for these works to arrest time, and appear as if they have been stopped while pursuing a perpetual course of action, in the same way a photograph will capture a fleeting moment or emotion.
This show is dedicated to Seth’s father who passed away on May 28th 2009.
- Jamie Martinez’s “Guilt” using Triangulism
- Orchard Windows Gallery hosts Duality of Sand, a Solo Exhibition by Max Noy
- TED STAMATELOS at Orchard Windows Gallery thru the 23rd of June
- The Orchard Windows Gallery Presents, Eddie Rehm’s “Instant Gratification Abstract” . This Solo show will be on display from “January 10th to January 19th” , at 37 Orchard Street , Lower East Side , Manhattan. The Artists Reception will be “Friday , January 14th from 6pm to 10pm “
- Colleen Blackard Changes How We Perceive Art
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Danilo Perez Panama 500 The start of Summer brings a bounty of splendor: beachy days and starry nights, barbeques and… »
- Crank a Fish & See the Origins of Consciousness at ISE Cultural Foundation Spiritual fulfilment has often been… »
- Attendees at the MFA Photography Graduate Thesis show at The Sheila C. Johnson Design Center Gallery Commiserating over… »
- Eric Starosielski's studio Eric working on a new price in front of Angkor Wat, Late After Sunset, a back lit… »
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »