Seth Zimiles has been working as a sculptor in New York City and the surrounding area since the early 1990’s. He has had numerous group and solo shows of his work in Manhattan and in galleries throughout the Northeast. His compositions derive from his own poetic imagery, as well as an interest in exploring the expressive possibilities of different materials. Opposites can play against each other, such as a hard metal that appears organic and soft, or sharp forms imposing on soft forms. Whether in wax, metal, plastic, or clay, it is the immediacy of the process at which these materials react that help to give his sculpture mutability, and adds to the ephemeral nature of his work. Through his art he interprets the human experience. Personal, religious, and psychological themes permeate throughout his compositions. Figurative and non-figurative elements create a contextual landscape. His sculptures are inspired by liquidity and impermanence. These forms are fluid, and emerge as if they have undergone the effects of natural occurrences. His intent is for these works to arrest time, and appear as if they have been stopped while pursuing a perpetual course of action, in the same way a photograph will capture a fleeting moment or emotion.
This show is dedicated to Seth’s father who passed away on May 28th 2009.
- Jamie Martinez’s “Guilt” using Triangulism
- Orchard Windows Gallery hosts Duality of Sand, a Solo Exhibition by Max Noy
- TED STAMATELOS at Orchard Windows Gallery thru the 23rd of June
- The Orchard Windows Gallery Presents, Eddie Rehm’s “Instant Gratification Abstract” . This Solo show will be on display from “January 10th to January 19th” , at 37 Orchard Street , Lower East Side , Manhattan. The Artists Reception will be “Friday , January 14th from 6pm to 10pm “
- Colleen Blackard Changes How We Perceive Art
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Charles Burchfield, an amazing American artist from the past, once wrote: “An artist must paint not what he sees in… »
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »