Seth Zimiles has been working as a sculptor in New York City and the surrounding area since the early 1990’s. He has had numerous group and solo shows of his work in Manhattan and in galleries throughout the Northeast. His compositions derive from his own poetic imagery, as well as an interest in exploring the expressive possibilities of different materials. Opposites can play against each other, such as a hard metal that appears organic and soft, or sharp forms imposing on soft forms. Whether in wax, metal, plastic, or clay, it is the immediacy of the process at which these materials react that help to give his sculpture mutability, and adds to the ephemeral nature of his work. Through his art he interprets the human experience. Personal, religious, and psychological themes permeate throughout his compositions. Figurative and non-figurative elements create a contextual landscape. His sculptures are inspired by liquidity and impermanence. These forms are fluid, and emerge as if they have undergone the effects of natural occurrences. His intent is for these works to arrest time, and appear as if they have been stopped while pursuing a perpetual course of action, in the same way a photograph will capture a fleeting moment or emotion.
This show is dedicated to Seth’s father who passed away on May 28th 2009.
- Jamie Martinez’s “Guilt” using Triangulism
- Orchard Windows Gallery hosts Duality of Sand, a Solo Exhibition by Max Noy
- TED STAMATELOS at Orchard Windows Gallery thru the 23rd of June
- The Orchard Windows Gallery Presents, Eddie Rehm’s “Instant Gratification Abstract” . This Solo show will be on display from “January 10th to January 19th” , at 37 Orchard Street , Lower East Side , Manhattan. The Artists Reception will be “Friday , January 14th from 6pm to 10pm “
- Colleen Blackard Changes How We Perceive Art
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Lots of art denizens taking another look Drawn to the light of ART Thursday Art Night is HOT in Chelsea Welcome to… »
- A mural painting by Shie Moreno PORTRAIT of artist Shie Moreno Unexpectedly stepping foot into this happening haven—I… »
- (L-R) Co-Founder of Cinders Gallery Sto Len with Monique Mantell Our final stop for our Thursday night art walk was Cinders… »
- Nancy Reed - vocals Listening to Jazz music is often associated with the famous rooms of major cities. This setting… »
- This month, four artists come together to participate in the latest group show New Acquaintances—works by GAMA, Fu… »
- Caspar David Friedrich The artists of the Romantic Movement could see science coming, and it wasn’t pretty. Science… »
- Jack Youngerman, Blackfoil Beverly Pepper, Homage The 188th Annual shows that the National Academy continues as an arts… »
- The largest retrospective ever held of a single artist at the Whitney Museum, it’s not a secret, is the… »
- Jerry Kearns, Heaven’s Gate, 2014, Pigment print and acrylic on canvas, 36 x 48 inches Jerry Kearns,BAM BAM,… »
- Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic… »