ERIK SOMMER is a new york city based contemporary artist, focusing primarily on painting. His work is a conversation between age and beauty, capturing the passing of time through the deterioration of texture. His paintings reflect his urban environment, yet maintain a sense of both fragility and aggressiveness.
Erik Sommer is represented by Rooster Gallery
he can be contacted at:
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Art by Marco Angelini Marco Angelini ARTE FUSE: So Marco, you study the urban phenomenon to understand how people are… »
- Ian Bertram is an artist living and working in New York. He is interested in uncovering the hedonistic and fatalistic… »
- Untitled ELK, 80” x 45” x 30”Elk Taxidermy, Resin,Steel, Gold Plate, 2014 “Babies”, Digital C Print, 16” x… »
- Hito Steyerl »How Not To Be Seen. A Fucking Didactic Educatio-nal .MOV File«, 2013 (still) HD-video (still),16:9, color,… »
- Susan Breen, “Square VII”, 2015Oil on paper,12 x 12 inches; 30.48 x 30.48 cm Susan Breen, “Order of Things II”,… »
- Initially, in Japan, tattoos were reserved to mark and identify criminals. Later, apparently, middle class guys who saw… »
- Shinsui, Ito - After Bath - 1917 One of the reasons why the color red is able to arrest our attention so easily is that it… »
- The Erik Thomsen Gallery specializes in Japanese screens and scrolls. Thomsen, himself, was born to Danish parents in… »
- A guest enjoying the work of Tom Sanford Our favorite painting of this show is by Christian Rex Van Minnen Upon… »
- Painting by Logan Hicks Upon making our way through the Mondrian Hotel in Soho, we first had to wander through a vine… »