ERIK SOMMER is a new york city based contemporary artist, focusing primarily on painting. His work is a conversation between age and beauty, capturing the passing of time through the deterioration of texture. His paintings reflect his urban environment, yet maintain a sense of both fragility and aggressiveness.
Erik Sommer is represented by Rooster Gallery
he can be contacted at:
Sign up for our newsletter!
- NEW YORK—A+E Studios is pleased to present Chasing Unicorns: Mythologies of Progress in American Landscapes, a group… »
- Matt Ducklo, 240, 2013, gelatin silver print, 24 x 20 inchescourtesy of LAUNCH F 18 gallery When I first saw Matt… »
- Deborah G. Nehmad uses paper as a type of surrogate material for human skin, and, therefore, by extension, for the human… »
- Martin Beck at 47 Canal Artist Martin Beck being reflective Thoughtful and cerebral art can be made well and captivate… »
- The art multitude at Foley Gallery Michael Foley on the left during the opening Celebrating its 20th Issue, the… »
- The energy of emotion at Clen Gallery, panoramic view (Middle) Clelia Zolli with friends “Build awareness, test new… »
- As the title of this show at Flowers implies, Lucy Jones openly defies expectations in regard to who is ‘supposed’ to… »
- Le Corbusier’s intentions were sincere. He saw poor folks living in dark, dirty, unhealthful and crowded slums and felt… »
- Christine Mackey – AC Institute The county you live in, in NY State, can mean a great deal to folks from other counties… »
- Regal Morbid Beauty as done by Joseph Grazi Art imitating Life or the other way around All artists are charged with the… »