Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of identity, masculinity, sexuality and other essential life experiences and culminates in presenting a rejection of normative parenthood and suggesting alternative paradigms for parental relations.
This exhibition was previously presented at the Clocktower Gallery, NYC, and we are thankful to curator Alanna Heiss and to Kunst-Werke, Institute for Contemporary Art for their support.
The exhibition and opening is free and open to the public.
Opening hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11am – 6pm and by appointment. For further information or reproductions please contact Margherita Belaief at +49 30 6162 6962, or Margherita@PeresProjects.com or Javier Peres at Javier@PeresProjects.com
- Javier Peres is excited to present “Those Ghosts,” a two-person exhibition bringing together new works by American artist John Kleckner and Italian artist Patrick Tuttofuoco.
- GUS VAN SANT / JAMES FRANCO: “Unfinished” from Saturday, February 26 – Saturday, April 9, 2011
- Check out: Harmony Korine’s “Rebel” film with James Franco
- New York Art Book Fair 2013
- Check out:”Abstract Expressionist New York” Exhibition at the MOMA
Sign up for our newsletter!
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Several months ago I wandered into ClampArt on a Saturday afternoon and saw that the gallery was primarily filled with… »
- Satan Ceramics at Salon 94 When Michelle Grabner curated the Whitney Biennial a line was drawn, a declaration that there is… »
- My name is Tasha Lewis and I want to share with you the story of my global collaborative street art project Swarm The… »
- Christopher Le Brun at Friedman Benda Two painintgs by Christopher Le Brun photo from Friedman Benda Gallery Into each… »
- Another great art night in Chelsea (L-R) Joseph Gross with artist Ted Lawson The electric backdrop of art at Joseph… »
- A good crowd at David Benjamin Sherry opening in Danziger Gallery Artist David Benjamin Sherry David Benjamin Sherry… »
- Alexander Gray (in orange jacket) with the designer and models Vegan Grade Couture deserve Vegan Shoes With the FALL… »
- Why did New York City become one of the centers of the world banking system? It started with shipping. Before Wall Street… »
- Opening night for Kent Henricksen's Disharmony in Blue and Gold at The Lodge Gallery Aritst Kent Henricksen After a… »
- Liu Bolin, In Junk Food No. 3, 2014Acrylic on copper, 14 1/8 x 14 1/8 x 10 1/4 inches (36 x 36 x 26 cm) Liu Bolin, Hiding… »