Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of identity, masculinity, sexuality and other essential life experiences and culminates in presenting a rejection of normative parenthood and suggesting alternative paradigms for parental relations.
This exhibition was previously presented at the Clocktower Gallery, NYC, and we are thankful to curator Alanna Heiss and to Kunst-Werke, Institute for Contemporary Art for their support.
The exhibition and opening is free and open to the public.
Opening hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11am – 6pm and by appointment. For further information or reproductions please contact Margherita Belaief at +49 30 6162 6962, or Margherita@PeresProjects.com or Javier Peres at Javier@PeresProjects.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »
- Rima Fujita, Avidya, 68x58 inches; mixed media on canvas Michela Martello, me on, work in progress for the installation,… »
- Karen Fitzgerald, The Shy Moon, 2013 Karen Fitzgerald, Idir Eathara, 2012 The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present… »
- The great Vito Acconci let us into his studio in Dumbo (Brooklyn) for a conversation. During which he went over his history… »
- Garis & Hahn Gallery on the Bowery Artist Julien Levy taking a moment to check phone messages of… »
- Post To My Wall is FUN Downtown Casual Cool for reception of Alex Kelleher Alex Kelleher at his reception in Sohotel… »
- What if Abbie Hoffman had been cryogenically frozen after his suicide in 1989 and was then brought back to life again… »
- Federico Infante, Toward The Sun, 2014, Acrylic on Canvas, 47¾" x 99" The Bertrand Delacroix Gallery in Chelsea is… »