Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of identity, masculinity, sexuality and other essential life experiences and culminates in presenting a rejection of normative parenthood and suggesting alternative paradigms for parental relations.
This exhibition was previously presented at the Clocktower Gallery, NYC, and we are thankful to curator Alanna Heiss and to Kunst-Werke, Institute for Contemporary Art for their support.
The exhibition and opening is free and open to the public.
Opening hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11am – 6pm and by appointment. For further information or reproductions please contact Margherita Belaief at +49 30 6162 6962, or Margherita@PeresProjects.com or Javier Peres at Javier@PeresProjects.com
- Javier Peres is excited to present “Those Ghosts,” a two-person exhibition bringing together new works by American artist John Kleckner and Italian artist Patrick Tuttofuoco.
- GUS VAN SANT / JAMES FRANCO: “Unfinished” from Saturday, February 26 – Saturday, April 9, 2011
- Check out: Harmony Korine’s “Rebel” film with James Franco
- New York Art Book Fair 2013
- Check out:”Abstract Expressionist New York” Exhibition at the MOMA
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »
- AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan with Maureen Chung of gallery nine5 The News is that Street Art has invaded the… »
- Ross BonfantiSt. Sebastian, 2013Concrete, nails, toy parts12 x 20 x 12 in Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM Ross… »
- (L-R) Laura Manning, Daniel Weintraub and SEK3 Last Friday night we headed to Succulent Studios for the closing party… »