Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of identity, masculinity, sexuality and other essential life experiences and culminates in presenting a rejection of normative parenthood and suggesting alternative paradigms for parental relations.
This exhibition was previously presented at the Clocktower Gallery, NYC, and we are thankful to curator Alanna Heiss and to Kunst-Werke, Institute for Contemporary Art for their support.
The exhibition and opening is free and open to the public.
Opening hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11am – 6pm and by appointment. For further information or reproductions please contact Margherita Belaief at +49 30 6162 6962, or Margherita@PeresProjects.com or Javier Peres at Javier@PeresProjects.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- Perusing the art at Metro Pictures Check Mate on Art Night in Chelsea The art crowd at Metro Pictures in Chelsea … »
- The origin of the current show at Mayson Pop-Up Space, at 98 Orchard Street (the basement space at Castle Fitzjohns),… »
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »
- Elise P. Church, T-Cells, paper, photographs, ink, graphite21 x 14 in., 2014, image courtesy of Molly Krom Gallery Elise… »
- You may have seen some of Bruce Davenport Jr.’s work at the recent Outsider Art Fair in New York City. For this current show… »