Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of identity, masculinity, sexuality and other essential life experiences and culminates in presenting a rejection of normative parenthood and suggesting alternative paradigms for parental relations.
This exhibition was previously presented at the Clocktower Gallery, NYC, and we are thankful to curator Alanna Heiss and to Kunst-Werke, Institute for Contemporary Art for their support.
The exhibition and opening is free and open to the public.
Opening hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11am – 6pm and by appointment. For further information or reproductions please contact Margherita Belaief at +49 30 6162 6962, or Margherita@PeresProjects.com or Javier Peres at Javier@PeresProjects.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Ryan Piers Williams: Monsters and Landscapes
2015 OPEN CALL AT COOHAUS ART MORA GALLERY
- Guests enjoying the project 365 DEGREES OF INSTANT FILM at the opening of MONSTERS AND LANDSCAPES exhibition by Ryan Piers… »
- Open Call 2015 at Coohaus Art Mora Stop by the gallery to vote for your favorite piece A guest enjoying the work of… »
- Sculpture by Aaron Spangler Ellen Lesperance TAKE BACK VERMONT! struck me as a timely, relevant and even important type… »
- Sumi ink is made of a type of compressed soot derived from burning plant seed oils, which is then mixed with bone glue.… »
- Exterior of frosch & portmann on the LES frosch & portmann opening reception for Brad Nelson Back in January… »
- So many statements made at the show RESPOND in Smack Mellon Respond at Smack Mellon in DUMBO The Art goers come out… »
- Perusing the art of Erin Smith Amy Li (at center) with guests at the opening for Erin Smith Here is the unusual… »
- As the cognitive psychologist Jerome Bruner pointed out, before children can visually represent anything, they scribble.… »
- As he was being forced to leave the USA, in 1948, the composer Hanns Eisler read this statement to the press: “I leave… »
- Guest enjoying the work of Julia Sinelnikova Opening night for Magick Show at Galerie Protégé Folks who like to… »