Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of identity, masculinity, sexuality and other essential life experiences and culminates in presenting a rejection of normative parenthood and suggesting alternative paradigms for parental relations.
This exhibition was previously presented at the Clocktower Gallery, NYC, and we are thankful to curator Alanna Heiss and to Kunst-Werke, Institute for Contemporary Art for their support.
The exhibition and opening is free and open to the public.
Opening hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11am – 6pm and by appointment. For further information or reproductions please contact Margherita Belaief at +49 30 6162 6962, or Margherita@PeresProjects.com or Javier Peres at Javier@PeresProjects.com
- Javier Peres is excited to present “Those Ghosts,” a two-person exhibition bringing together new works by American artist John Kleckner and Italian artist Patrick Tuttofuoco.
- GUS VAN SANT / JAMES FRANCO: “Unfinished” from Saturday, February 26 – Saturday, April 9, 2011
- Check out: Harmony Korine’s “Rebel” film with James Franco
- New York Art Book Fair 2013
- Check out:”Abstract Expressionist New York” Exhibition at the MOMA
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- A new art installation at a popular West Village wine and dessert bar is catching the eye of many neighborhood residents.… »
- Select Group to Discover the Techniques of Figurative Art NEW YORK, NY July 21st, 2014 -- Renowned figurative painter… »
- Charles Burchfield, an amazing American artist from the past, once wrote: “An artist must paint not what he sees in… »
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »