Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of identity, masculinity, sexuality and other essential life experiences and culminates in presenting a rejection of normative parenthood and suggesting alternative paradigms for parental relations.
This exhibition was previously presented at the Clocktower Gallery, NYC, and we are thankful to curator Alanna Heiss and to Kunst-Werke, Institute for Contemporary Art for their support.
The exhibition and opening is free and open to the public.
Opening hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11am – 6pm and by appointment. For further information or reproductions please contact Margherita Belaief at +49 30 6162 6962, or Margherita@PeresProjects.com or Javier Peres at Javier@PeresProjects.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Fernando Mendoza Bravo November 2011. “The hour of the Wolf is the hour between night and dawn, when most people… »
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »