Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of identity, masculinity, sexuality and other essential life experiences and culminates in presenting a rejection of normative parenthood and suggesting alternative paradigms for parental relations.
This exhibition was previously presented at the Clocktower Gallery, NYC, and we are thankful to curator Alanna Heiss and to Kunst-Werke, Institute for Contemporary Art for their support.
The exhibition and opening is free and open to the public.
Opening hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11am – 6pm and by appointment. For further information or reproductions please contact Margherita Belaief at +49 30 6162 6962, or Margherita@PeresProjects.com or Javier Peres at Javier@PeresProjects.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Art by Marco Angelini Marco Angelini ARTE FUSE: So Marco, you study the urban phenomenon to understand how people are… »
- Ian Bertram is an artist living and working in New York. He is interested in uncovering the hedonistic and fatalistic… »
- Untitled ELK, 80” x 45” x 30”Elk Taxidermy, Resin,Steel, Gold Plate, 2014 “Babies”, Digital C Print, 16” x… »
- Hito Steyerl »How Not To Be Seen. A Fucking Didactic Educatio-nal .MOV File«, 2013 (still) HD-video (still),16:9, color,… »
- Susan Breen, “Square VII”, 2015Oil on paper,12 x 12 inches; 30.48 x 30.48 cm Susan Breen, “Order of Things II”,… »
- Initially, in Japan, tattoos were reserved to mark and identify criminals. Later, apparently, middle class guys who saw… »
- Shinsui, Ito - After Bath - 1917 One of the reasons why the color red is able to arrest our attention so easily is that it… »
- The Erik Thomsen Gallery specializes in Japanese screens and scrolls. Thomsen, himself, was born to Danish parents in… »
- A guest enjoying the work of Tom Sanford Our favorite painting of this show is by Christian Rex Van Minnen Upon… »
- Painting by Logan Hicks Upon making our way through the Mondrian Hotel in Soho, we first had to wander through a vine… »