Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of identity, masculinity, sexuality and other essential life experiences and culminates in presenting a rejection of normative parenthood and suggesting alternative paradigms for parental relations.
This exhibition was previously presented at the Clocktower Gallery, NYC, and we are thankful to curator Alanna Heiss and to Kunst-Werke, Institute for Contemporary Art for their support.
The exhibition and opening is free and open to the public.
Opening hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11am – 6pm and by appointment. For further information or reproductions please contact Margherita Belaief at +49 30 6162 6962, or Margherita@PeresProjects.com or Javier Peres at Javier@PeresProjects.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Welcome to the Last WHITNEY Gala Dinner - BFA (photo credit - Billy Farrell) The Whitney Museum of American Art is closing… »
- The Yard hosts the charity art event Curator Gregory de la Haba Jamie Martinez and his work at the event Art +… »
- Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Arte Povera… »
- Some serious wall art that makes you smile. Left to right: “Doe” by Kristen Leonard, “Absens” by Monique Mantell,… »
- Henry Cole (drums), Miguel Zenon (alto sax), Luis Perdomo (piano), Hans Glawischnig (bass)Photo credit: Braithwaite &… »
- Birthday, DETAIL, mixed media sculpture, 18” x 36” x 9”, 2004 (solid industrial grade velvet cement, steel… »
- The man in black Johnny Cash Wall to wall attendees at HASTED KRAEUTLER Portraits have come a long way. Painting your… »
- Mulberry Street where art and fashion meet at Something in Mind The photography of Olya Turcihin at SIM Close up of… »
- The work of Tom Martin for his show (Filthy) Lucre O Come All Ye Faithful to Art Night in Chelsea De Buck Gallery… »
- Guess who was really born on December 25th? That’s right, baby Mithras. He was a sun god in the Roman Empire who liked… »