Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of identity, masculinity, sexuality and other essential life experiences and culminates in presenting a rejection of normative parenthood and suggesting alternative paradigms for parental relations.
This exhibition was previously presented at the Clocktower Gallery, NYC, and we are thankful to curator Alanna Heiss and to Kunst-Werke, Institute for Contemporary Art for their support.
The exhibition and opening is free and open to the public.
Opening hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11am – 6pm and by appointment. For further information or reproductions please contact Margherita Belaief at +49 30 6162 6962, or Margherita@PeresProjects.com or Javier Peres at Javier@PeresProjects.com
- Javier Peres is excited to present “Those Ghosts,” a two-person exhibition bringing together new works by American artist John Kleckner and Italian artist Patrick Tuttofuoco.
- GUS VAN SANT / JAMES FRANCO: “Unfinished” from Saturday, February 26 – Saturday, April 9, 2011
- Check out: Harmony Korine’s “Rebel” film with James Franco
- New York Art Book Fair 2013
- Check out:”Abstract Expressionist New York” Exhibition at the MOMA
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Lots of art denizens taking another look Drawn to the light of ART Thursday Art Night is HOT in Chelsea Welcome to… »
- A mural painting by Shie Moreno PORTRAIT of artist Shie Moreno Unexpectedly stepping foot into this happening haven—I… »
- (L-R) Co-Founder of Cinders Gallery Sto Len with Monique Mantell Our final stop for our Thursday night art walk was Cinders… »
- Nancy Reed - vocals Listening to Jazz music is often associated with the famous rooms of major cities. This setting… »
- This month, four artists come together to participate in the latest group show New Acquaintances—works by GAMA, Fu… »
- Caspar David Friedrich The artists of the Romantic Movement could see science coming, and it wasn’t pretty. Science… »
- Jack Youngerman, Blackfoil Beverly Pepper, Homage The 188th Annual shows that the National Academy continues as an arts… »
- The largest retrospective ever held of a single artist at the Whitney Museum, it’s not a secret, is the… »
- Jerry Kearns, Heaven’s Gate, 2014, Pigment print and acrylic on canvas, 36 x 48 inches Jerry Kearns,BAM BAM,… »
- Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Artist Profile: Adam Kiger Columbus native, Adam Kiger, comes from a long line of acrylic… »