Two of the most profound and creative industries intersect and fuse together to create an unprecedented product. The works harmoniously bring the fashion and fine art worlds at a breeding ground for uninhibited exploration of consumerism, fetishes, and the modern day woman. The shoes, with their aesthetic echoing of a Marilyn Minter piece, showcase the reversal of appearances and functions. More importantly, they portray the inner consciousness we walk around with everyday, wearing feelings as if they were burdens or in this case, a “must have” accessory. Secrets, even to ourselves, we dare not share. However for some reason, we cannot get enough of it. We bask in our inner complexity, oxymoronically loving and hating it at the same time. They are the grand unveiling of the gruesome truth. The bare foot yearns to enter these chaotic and cunningly grotesque objects of naked truths, mimicking the sense of a guilty pleasure; having another drink when you know you shouldn’t. The works are that voice, encouraging one more drink to the already drunk.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Henry Cole (drums), Miguel Zenon (alto sax), Luis Perdomo (piano), Hans Glawischnig (bass)Photo credit: Braithwaite &… »
- Birthday, DETAIL, mixed media sculpture, 18” x 36” x 9”, 2004 (solid industrial grade velvet cement, steel… »
- The man in black Johnny Cash Wall to wall attendees at HASTED KRAEUTLER Portraits have come a long way. Painting your… »
- Mulberry Street where art and fashion meet at Something in Mind The photography of Olya Turcihin at SIM Close up of… »
- The work of Tom Martin for his show (Filthy) Lucre O Come All Ye Faithful to Art Night in Chelsea De Buck Gallery… »
- Guess who was really born on December 25th? That’s right, baby Mithras. He was a sun god in the Roman Empire who liked… »
- One of the must-see shows, as this year draws to an end, is a sampling of work by Peter Blume at ACA Galleries. This show… »
- Artist Takashi Murakami with his fans Gagosian Gallery is representing the new paintings and sculptures of the iconic… »
- The eBay private dinner at Scarpetta on Nov 7th photo from Getty Artist Mario Wagner at the #ArtforAll installation in… »
- C24 Gallery knows how to throw an opening! I was enticed to enter after seeing several ornate chaquetillas (the little… »