Two of the most profound and creative industries intersect and fuse together to create an unprecedented product. The works harmoniously bring the fashion and fine art worlds at a breeding ground for uninhibited exploration of consumerism, fetishes, and the modern day woman. The shoes, with their aesthetic echoing of a Marilyn Minter piece, showcase the reversal of appearances and functions. More importantly, they portray the inner consciousness we walk around with everyday, wearing feelings as if they were burdens or in this case, a “must have” accessory. Secrets, even to ourselves, we dare not share. However for some reason, we cannot get enough of it. We bask in our inner complexity, oxymoronically loving and hating it at the same time. They are the grand unveiling of the gruesome truth. The bare foot yearns to enter these chaotic and cunningly grotesque objects of naked truths, mimicking the sense of a guilty pleasure; having another drink when you know you shouldn’t. The works are that voice, encouraging one more drink to the already drunk.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Ryan Piers Williams: Monsters and Landscapes
2015 OPEN CALL AT COOHAUS ART MORA GALLERY
- Thursday Art Night at Dillon Gallery The eyes have it in the work of Santiago Ydanez Artist Santiago Ydanez The… »
- The art crowd at Winston Wachter Gallery The image transformed in the work of Margeaux Walter Artist Margeaux… »
- Maria Constanza Cerullo Chief Curator at MACBA MUseum I AF: MACBA - Museum of Contemporary Art in Buenos Aires opened… »
- Guests enjoying the project 365 DEGREES OF INSTANT FILM at the opening of MONSTERS AND LANDSCAPES exhibition by Ryan Piers… »
- Open Call 2015 at Coohaus Art Mora Stop by the gallery to vote for your favorite piece A guest enjoying the work of… »
- Sculpture by Aaron Spangler Ellen Lesperance TAKE BACK VERMONT! struck me as a timely, relevant and even important type… »
- Sumi ink is made of a type of compressed soot derived from burning plant seed oils, which is then mixed with bone glue.… »
- Exterior of frosch & portmann on the LES frosch & portmann opening reception for Brad Nelson Back in January… »
- So many statements made at the show RESPOND in Smack Mellon Respond at Smack Mellon in DUMBO The Art goers come out… »
- Perusing the art of Erin Smith Amy Li (at center) with guests at the opening for Erin Smith Here is the unusual… »