Two of the most profound and creative industries intersect and fuse together to create an unprecedented product. The works harmoniously bring the fashion and fine art worlds at a breeding ground for uninhibited exploration of consumerism, fetishes, and the modern day woman. The shoes, with their aesthetic echoing of a Marilyn Minter piece, showcase the reversal of appearances and functions. More importantly, they portray the inner consciousness we walk around with everyday, wearing feelings as if they were burdens or in this case, a “must have” accessory. Secrets, even to ourselves, we dare not share. However for some reason, we cannot get enough of it. We bask in our inner complexity, oxymoronically loving and hating it at the same time. They are the grand unveiling of the gruesome truth. The bare foot yearns to enter these chaotic and cunningly grotesque objects of naked truths, mimicking the sense of a guilty pleasure; having another drink when you know you shouldn’t. The works are that voice, encouraging one more drink to the already drunk.
- Windows Gallery presents: Scott Weingarten “Women and nature series” from Dec 27, 2010-Jan 06, 2011
- Windows Gallery presents: Scott Weingarten "Women and nature series" from Dec 27, 2010-Jan 06, 2011
- Windows Gallery presents: Janice Panaro and Yuki Komura from December 27 to January 06
- Windows Gallery is pleased to present a photograpy portfolio by Max Noy from Decemeber 20th – January 6th 2011.
- Check out: Jonathan Fritz's solo show at Orchard Windows gallery which opens December 17th located on 37 Orchard street
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Danilo Perez Panama 500 The start of Summer brings a bounty of splendor: beachy days and starry nights, barbeques and… »
- Crank a Fish & See the Origins of Consciousness at ISE Cultural Foundation Spiritual fulfilment has often been… »
- Attendees at the MFA Photography Graduate Thesis show at The Sheila C. Johnson Design Center Gallery Commiserating over… »
- Eric Starosielski's studio Eric working on a new price in front of Angkor Wat, Late After Sunset, a back lit… »
- 21st Precinct art show Guests at the opening Over the weekend, the old 21st precinct in NYC hosted an art show with… »
- Art night at COOHAUS in Chelsea Perusing the cool art at COOHAUS Art lovers come out in the summer in Chelsea to cool… »
- Sarah Doherty Heinrichs Opening at New Century Artist Gallery An artful feast in Chelsea on Thursday Art Night Getting… »
- Image: Proposal for White and Indian Dead Monument Transpositions, Washington, D.C., 2005. Medium density fiberboard,… »
- Archeologists have found an area in Turkey which might have inspired the Garden of Eden story. Gobekli Tepe is a region… »
- Sam Trioli, S. (Installation View), courtesy of the artist and Farm Project Space + Gallery In this day and age it seems… »