Two of the most profound and creative industries intersect and fuse together to create an unprecedented product. The works harmoniously bring the fashion and fine art worlds at a breeding ground for uninhibited exploration of consumerism, fetishes, and the modern day woman. The shoes, with their aesthetic echoing of a Marilyn Minter piece, showcase the reversal of appearances and functions. More importantly, they portray the inner consciousness we walk around with everyday, wearing feelings as if they were burdens or in this case, a “must have” accessory. Secrets, even to ourselves, we dare not share. However for some reason, we cannot get enough of it. We bask in our inner complexity, oxymoronically loving and hating it at the same time. They are the grand unveiling of the gruesome truth. The bare foot yearns to enter these chaotic and cunningly grotesque objects of naked truths, mimicking the sense of a guilty pleasure; having another drink when you know you shouldn’t. The works are that voice, encouraging one more drink to the already drunk.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Madness of Art — Season 1, Episode 1: Tony
- Imagine listening to the first phone conversation Maayan Strauss might have had with the Kohler Company to ask for the… »
- Dogon, Granary Doors, Mali, wood with iron staples, 21” x 16” Kadir Nelson, Barber Shop, oil on canvas, 2014, 50"x… »
- The interior of Marc Straus Gallery with works by John Newsom John Newsom makes ART that can pounce and… »
- Opening night at Arlene's Grocery (L-R) Art by Danielle Mastrion, Whisbe and Michael Serafino Artist Cojo next to his… »
- In November 2013 Scooter LaForge and Johnny Rozsa set out on a cross-country car ride with Rozsa’s three dogs and a first… »
- Elise P. Church, T-Cells, paper, photographs, ink, graphite21 x 14 in., 2014, image courtesy of Molly Krom Gallery Elise… »
- You may have seen some of Bruce Davenport Jr.’s work at the recent Outsider Art Fair in New York City. For this current show… »
- Katya Grokhovsky, Disturbance, 2015, mixed media, found objects, photo: Peter Gynd Katya Grokhovsky, Lips, 2014, mixed… »
- Clio art fair 2015 CLIO ART FAIR returns for its 2nd year in NYC March 5th – 8th at 508-526 West 26th Street… »