Two of the most profound and creative industries intersect and fuse together to create an unprecedented product. The works harmoniously bring the fashion and fine art worlds at a breeding ground for uninhibited exploration of consumerism, fetishes, and the modern day woman. The shoes, with their aesthetic echoing of a Marilyn Minter piece, showcase the reversal of appearances and functions. More importantly, they portray the inner consciousness we walk around with everyday, wearing feelings as if they were burdens or in this case, a “must have” accessory. Secrets, even to ourselves, we dare not share. However for some reason, we cannot get enough of it. We bask in our inner complexity, oxymoronically loving and hating it at the same time. They are the grand unveiling of the gruesome truth. The bare foot yearns to enter these chaotic and cunningly grotesque objects of naked truths, mimicking the sense of a guilty pleasure; having another drink when you know you shouldn’t. The works are that voice, encouraging one more drink to the already drunk.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »
- Mikhail Larionov (1881-1964), Abstract Composition, 1910, Pencil and watercolor on paper, 16.5 x 12 in / 41.9 x 30.4… »
- Moyra Davey, Diaries III, 2014, Digital C-print, tape, postage, ink, 12 x 18 inches Moyra Davey Burn the Diaries ICA… »
- In 1984 E.O. Wilson wrote the book Biophilia, which theorized that there was an inherent attraction that humans felt toward… »
- Studying details in the art of Antonio Petracca Close Up detail on the work of Antonio Petracca for Mezzogiorno Artist… »
- Thursday Art Night at FLOWERS Gallery Close Up Detail on work by Renny Tait It is the Major Duomo of ART Fun is on… »
- Sara MacCulloch Opening at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Thursday Art Night at 529 West 20th Street Building at Kathryn Markel… »
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »