Visual art is a manifestation of the whole in a particular, an attempt to frame the chaos. I strive to create images that penetrate through walls of enculturation and artificially constructed otherness. The beautiful is recognized viscerally; feelings need no verbal explanation. I want to strip the cultural, the acquired, the imposed and reveal the essential that remains. Nudity divulges secrets, and a portrait is merely a nude focused on the face. Faces protrude from our collars like plants rising above the ground from their roots. At times they betray sensations of the flesh hidden behind the mask of personal adornment. Conversely, a psychic event may be so intense it crosses into the realm of the physical. This intersection fascinates me as an artist. It is in these moments of utmost intensity that we are united.
|Orchard Windows Gallery
37 Orchard St.
New York, NY 10002
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- The art set at Driscoll Babcock Judith Lauand at Driscoll Babcock Everything old is new again. The cyclical nature of… »
- Art night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Thursday Art Night in Chelsea at Yancey Richardson Artist Bryan Graf … »
- 16.0, Brent Birnbaum, Paint On Treadmill, 57 x 56 x 124 in New York, New York, October 22, 2014—Diana Buckley, guest… »
- Erik Jones working on a huge 5 ft x 12 ft painting A work by Hueman A work by Alex Yanes Hueman with one of her… »
- Between the art of Thomas Scheibitz Opening for Thomas Scheibitz at Tanya Bonakdar Cheers to art on Thursday in… »
- On October 29th Mark Schubin will give a free presentation, as part of National Opera Week, at Neil Scherer’s Going… »
- Some words from Linda Yablonsky. During her life this person has written only one novel but she’s among the most… »
- As Director Richard P. Townsend explained during the press preview, MOBIA is following up its Back to Eden show (reviewed… »
- Egg-before conception Breaking the mold of the sort of artworks shown at Dacia gallery, Ted Barr's "Cycle of Life" show… »
- Mikhail Larionov (1881-1964), Abstract Composition, 1910, Pencil and watercolor on paper, 16.5 x 12 in / 41.9 x 30.4… »