Friday night was a very busy night for openings. My last stop was at Orchard Windows Gallery for Nick Weber’s show called “Porno Paintings”. Nick’s paintings are very graphic and at the beginning they are a bit shocking but the more you stick around the more you really get to enjoy his point of view. [...]
I stopped by Munch Gallery to see the new group show called “Enter Intro”. After a successful opening of the gallery, I was happy to see that the place was packed again and the walls where full of great art. If you have a chance, stop by the gallery on Broome street and check out [...]
The opening on Friday January 28th at the Greenpoint Gallery in Brooklyn was a total success. The house was packed with people and the walls were covered with art. I really like what this gallery is doing; they are pushing the envelope and promoting upcoming talent in art and also music. Make sure not to [...]
Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of [...]
This is the opening for Munch Gallery on Friday. It was a packed house and if you are in the neighborhood, stop by and see some great art.
245 Broome street
The show will be from Monday Jan 24 to Jan 30, at Orchard Windows Gallery located at 37 orchard street (at hester) with the opening reception on Friday from 6-9pm.
Deno Angelopoulos was born in New York, NY on March 21, 1980. I currently reside in Flushing NY. I am a self taught artist, and I started to express myself creatively from an early age, doodling and drawing on anything I could get my hands on. Teacher’s friends, classmates [...]
The MOMA recently purchased David Wojnarowicz’s controversial A Fire In My Belly video.
The Prince George Art Show curated by ILana Simons features the work of ten dynamic contemporary artists. The exhibition focuses on portraiture and the strong drawing line. Highlights included Michael Alan, who founded the famous Draw-a-Thon and Living Installation series, and David Pettibone, who teaches portraiture at the New York [...]
The works in this exhibition are about human figures dissipating into voids, into abstractions, and shape-shifting into solid structures. Transformation, transcendence, and transience are the core concepts fixed into 2- and 3-dimensional material permanence in each of the exhibited artworks.
In his newest works one can see John Kleckner transitioning from meticulously rendered rotting noses [...]
Endless garlands of flowers curled around the borders of my note pads when I was a school girl. And thousands of roses were cut out from my mother’s gardening books. At the Academy of Arts, flowers as large as life were painted on my canvasses. There were always flowers. They flourished in the self-portraits of the [...]
Light is a two-part group show curated around the theme of light and thresholds and passages between light and dark, both actual and metaphorical.
The first part will take place at Paradise Row in London in January, the second at Galerie Gabriel Rolt, Amsterdam in May 2011, thus encompassing the transition from [...]
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow artefuse
FEATURED OPENING: FEDERICO CATTANEO
Artist Kim Kalinoski
Claes Oldenburg | The Street
Claes Oldenburg | The Store
TateShots: Allen Jones on Lichtenstein
1913 | “Contrast of Forms” by Fernand Léger
Arte Fuse Recent Posts
- UNIQUE May 30 – July 12, 2013 at Von Lintel Gallery Von Lintel Gallery is pleased to present UNIQUE, a group show of… »
- The Other World III 40" x 60" The Other World I 60" x 43" Interview With Quiet Lunch In her first NYC solo… »
- Ilona Szwarc's "American Girls" June 5th- July 3rd Opening reception: June 5th, 6-8pm Ilona Szwarc's "American… »
- DiGiovanni, ink on gelatin silver print, 16 x 14 inches, 2012 Kim Kalinoski received her Bachelor or Fine Arts degree from… »
- Battle Armor by Karen Heagle Artist Karen Heagle Heraldry and the days of valiant knights are now legendary. Everyone… »
- The art is BOLD yet alluring by Laura Bochet Guests glamour it up at Something in Mind Artist Laura… »
- Jessica Segall, The Thirsty Person, Who Having Found a Spring, Rushes to Drink, Does Not Contemplate Its Beauty (2011), video… »
- Meg Cranston recipient of the Artadia NADA award Hudson of Feature Inc talking to a client at NADA Art Fair Debo… »
- The 81 Foot Balloon Dog by Paul McCarthy greets all at Frieze Art Fair NY 2013 Jack Early at McCaffrey Fine Art Booth … »
- Thomas Witte: "Piazza San Marco" 2012 Hand cut archival paper at Davidson Contemporary Cameron Gray at Mike Weiss… »