Friday night was a very busy night for openings. My last stop was at Orchard Windows Gallery for Nick Weber’s show called “Porno Paintings”. Nick’s paintings are very graphic and at the beginning they are a bit shocking but the more you stick around the more you really get to enjoy his point of view. [...]
I stopped by Munch Gallery to see the new group show called “Enter Intro”. After a successful opening of the gallery, I was happy to see that the place was packed again and the walls where full of great art. If you have a chance, stop by the gallery on Broome street and check out [...]
The opening on Friday January 28th at the Greenpoint Gallery in Brooklyn was a total success. The house was packed with people and the walls were covered with art. I really like what this gallery is doing; they are pushing the envelope and promoting upcoming talent in art and also music. Make sure not to [...]
Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of [...]
The show will be from Monday Jan 24 to Jan 30, at Orchard Windows Gallery located at 37 orchard street (at hester) with the opening reception on Friday from 6-9pm.
Deno Angelopoulos was born in New York, NY on March 21, 1980. I currently reside in Flushing NY. I am a self taught artist, and I started to express myself creatively from an early age, doodling and drawing on anything I could get my hands on. Teacher’s friends, classmates [...]
The MOMA recently purchased David Wojnarowicz’s controversial A Fire In My Belly video.
The Prince George Art Show curated by ILana Simons features the work of ten dynamic contemporary artists. The exhibition focuses on portraiture and the strong drawing line. Highlights included Michael Alan, who founded the famous Draw-a-Thon and Living Installation series, and David Pettibone, who teaches portraiture at the New York [...]
The works in this exhibition are about human figures dissipating into voids, into abstractions, and shape-shifting into solid structures. Transformation, transcendence, and transience are the core concepts fixed into 2- and 3-dimensional material permanence in each of the exhibited artworks.
In his newest works one can see John Kleckner transitioning from meticulously rendered rotting noses [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Mary Henderson, Lyons Wier Gallery
Paulo Brighenti, Rooster Gallery, February 2014
Ben Eine, Judith Charles Gallery, February 2014
Find us on YouTube
- OG Launch at Outdoor Gallery in Brooklyn OG Launch at Outdoor Gallery in Brooklyn The line reached almost to the end of… »
- Macro X (2012) by Rómulo Celdrán HASTED KRAEUTLER has the most extensive collection and representation of artistic… »
- Opening night for Anna Navasardian: Black and White at Claire Oliver Gallery Opening night for Anna Navasardian: Black and… »
- The Borderland 2013 The current work of Jinju Lee, at Doosan Gallery, derives from the type of lingering and toxic remnants… »
- Judy Rifka with her work in the main Trestle Project space With Graffiti Environment by Victor Ving and video installation… »
- Artist Paulo Brighenti Genesis 3:19 “By the sweat of your face will you eat bread until you return to the ground, for… »
- Beth Carter: Dancing with Morpheus at Bertrand Delacroix Gallery As far as I can tell, Rousseau was the first philosopher… »
- I Want LOVE at Rox Gallery Opening night for I WANT LOVE at Rox Gallery The works of Natalie White at ROX… »
- Last year the Take Two Film Festival was held at Theatre 80 St. Marks. Take Two presented 56 films from 14 countries. They were… »
- ARTIST STATEMENT & MAIN EXHIBITIONS STATEMENT He produces a modern painting with always an underlying classicism.… »