Friday night was a very busy night for openings. My last stop was at Orchard Windows Gallery for Nick Weber’s show called “Porno Paintings”. Nick’s paintings are very graphic and at the beginning they are a bit shocking but the more you stick around the more you really get to enjoy his point of view. [...]
I stopped by Munch Gallery to see the new group show called “Enter Intro”. After a successful opening of the gallery, I was happy to see that the place was packed again and the walls where full of great art. If you have a chance, stop by the gallery on Broome street and check out [...]
The opening on Friday January 28th at the Greenpoint Gallery in Brooklyn was a total success. The house was packed with people and the walls were covered with art. I really like what this gallery is doing; they are pushing the envelope and promoting upcoming talent in art and also music. Make sure not to [...]
Franco´s works explore a variety of issues stemming from adolescence while acknowledging the contributions of influential artists and filmmakers such as Paul McCarthy and Kenneth Anger. This exhibition brings together short films, drawings, photographs, ephemera, sculptures and installations made over the last 4 years where we see Franco draw upon childhood experiences including notions of [...]
The show will be from Monday Jan 24 to Jan 30, at Orchard Windows Gallery located at 37 orchard street (at hester) with the opening reception on Friday from 6-9pm.
Deno Angelopoulos was born in New York, NY on March 21, 1980. I currently reside in Flushing NY. I am a self taught artist, and I started to express myself creatively from an early age, doodling and drawing on anything I could get my hands on. Teacher’s friends, classmates [...]
The MOMA recently purchased David Wojnarowicz’s controversial A Fire In My Belly video.
The Prince George Art Show curated by ILana Simons features the work of ten dynamic contemporary artists. The exhibition focuses on portraiture and the strong drawing line. Highlights included Michael Alan, who founded the famous Draw-a-Thon and Living Installation series, and David Pettibone, who teaches portraiture at the New York [...]
The works in this exhibition are about human figures dissipating into voids, into abstractions, and shape-shifting into solid structures. Transformation, transcendence, and transience are the core concepts fixed into 2- and 3-dimensional material permanence in each of the exhibited artworks.
In his newest works one can see John Kleckner transitioning from meticulously rendered rotting noses [...]
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on YouTube
- Art work by Cojo Artist Cojo playing host at his opening After hitting a couple of openings in Chelsea, the AF team… »
- A big PUSSY Cat at Flowers Gallery for the opening of Nicola Hicks Banker II by Nicola Hicks It is said that humans at… »
- The photographic artistry of Maurice Renoma viewed at Bertand Delacroix Gallery It has always been a thin gossamer veil… »
- Artist Marco Santaniello and his technicolor art Technicolor magic and prismatic orgasmic - that is what we walked into… »
- Artist Seb Janiak at Fred Torres Gallery At the new space of Fred Torres on West 28th Street, AF attended to view… »
- It feels like a memory, something I passed along the way perhaps, maybe in the city or the country but that’s how I feel… »
- The art scene of Manhattan was invited to celebrate the newest exhibition ‘OPEN VERSUS CLOSED’ by Saudi artist,… »
- Written by Alessandro Berni | www.clioartproject.com We met Mark Kostabi, the superstar artist behind Pop Art, in his… »
- RED hot art by Joseph Grazi Artist Joseph Grazi - I heart the ART When going to your happy place you think of rainbows,… »
- The art crowd on the LES at The Lodge Gallery Artist Noah Becker at his opening in The Lodge Gallery This is the… »