Nathan Harger photographs objects, scenes and spaces in the everyday urban environment such as highways, cranes, bridges, airplanes, power lines, factories and other structures behind the massive forms of production that shape American culture. The earlier works exhibited are grids, which show his conceptual development and his negotiation of the dynamic visual experience of a city [Untitled (Overpass), Queens, NY, 2007]. The recent works are high contrast black-and-white photographs, such as Untitled (Process Tank), Brooklyn, NY, 2010. The industrial spaces in the outer boroughs of New York City, New Jersey and Western Pennsylvania where Harger photographs are not tourist sites; they are often restricted areas around factories, power plants and airports at the fringes of the city.
Sign up for our newsletter!
The Space Between a Group Exhibition Curated by Diana Buckley at Paul Kolker Collection. November 13-16, 2014 Opening Reception Thursday, November 13 from 6-8 PM
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
- Welcome to the Last WHITNEY Gala Dinner - BFA (photo credit - Billy Farrell) The Whitney Museum of American Art is closing… »
- The Yard hosts the charity art event Curator Gregory de la Haba Jamie Martinez and his work at the event Art +… »
- Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Nnenna Okore: Twists and Turns at David Krut Projects Arte Povera… »
- Some serious wall art that makes you smile. Left to right: “Doe” by Kristen Leonard, “Absens” by Monique Mantell,… »
- Henry Cole (drums), Miguel Zenon (alto sax), Luis Perdomo (piano), Hans Glawischnig (bass)Photo credit: Braithwaite &… »
- Birthday, DETAIL, mixed media sculpture, 18” x 36” x 9”, 2004 (solid industrial grade velvet cement, steel… »
- The man in black Johnny Cash Wall to wall attendees at HASTED KRAEUTLER Portraits have come a long way. Painting your… »
- Mulberry Street where art and fashion meet at Something in Mind The photography of Olya Turcihin at SIM Close up of… »
- The work of Tom Martin for his show (Filthy) Lucre O Come All Ye Faithful to Art Night in Chelsea De Buck Gallery… »
- Guess who was really born on December 25th? That’s right, baby Mithras. He was a sun god in the Roman Empire who liked… »