Nathan Harger photographs objects, scenes and spaces in the everyday urban environment such as highways, cranes, bridges, airplanes, power lines, factories and other structures behind the massive forms of production that shape American culture. The earlier works exhibited are grids, which show his conceptual development and his negotiation of the dynamic visual experience of a city [Untitled (Overpass), Queens, NY, 2007]. The recent works are high contrast black-and-white photographs, such as Untitled (Process Tank), Brooklyn, NY, 2010. The industrial spaces in the outer boroughs of New York City, New Jersey and Western Pennsylvania where Harger photographs are not tourist sites; they are often restricted areas around factories, power plants and airports at the fringes of the city.
- The Aggregate Master of Form – Kwang Young Chun
- Stop by Hasted Kraeutler Gallery to see “The Japan Series” a solo exhibiton by Andrea Gefeller on view from March 31 – May 14, 2011
- Picture This: Out of This World at HASTED KRAEUTLER
- “Waves of Change” Makes a Splash in Chelsea!
- Chelsea Fall 2012 Season – September 6, 2012 (PART 1)
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »
- Limones (after Ouka Leele), 2014 Barça 86, 2014 A project space in East Harlem is currently featuring a show by Wendy… »
- Rockaway! was envisioned by Patti Smith and MoMA PS1’s Director, Klaus Biesenbach, both Rockaway residents. Their… »
- A series of sketches and watercolor paintings by Hank Blaustein are currently on view in Chelsea. The exhibition, Drawn… »
- AF Editor in Chief Oscar Laluyan with Maureen Chung of gallery nine5 The News is that Street Art has invaded the… »
- Ross BonfantiSt. Sebastian, 2013Concrete, nails, toy parts12 x 20 x 12 in Opening Reception: July 16 from 6-9PM Ross… »
- (L-R) Laura Manning, Daniel Weintraub and SEK3 Last Friday night we headed to Succulent Studios for the closing party… »