Nathan Harger photographs objects, scenes and spaces in the everyday urban environment such as highways, cranes, bridges, airplanes, power lines, factories and other structures behind the massive forms of production that shape American culture. The earlier works exhibited are grids, which show his conceptual development and his negotiation of the dynamic visual experience of a city [Untitled (Overpass), Queens, NY, 2007]. The recent works are high contrast black-and-white photographs, such as Untitled (Process Tank), Brooklyn, NY, 2010. The industrial spaces in the outer boroughs of New York City, New Jersey and Western Pennsylvania where Harger photographs are not tourist sites; they are often restricted areas around factories, power plants and airports at the fringes of the city.
- The Aggregate Master of Form – Kwang Young Chun
- Stop by Hasted Kraeutler Gallery to see “The Japan Series” a solo exhibiton by Andrea Gefeller on view from March 31 – May 14, 2011
- Picture This: Out of This World at HASTED KRAEUTLER
- “Waves of Change” Makes a Splash in Chelsea!
- Chelsea Fall 2012 Season – September 6, 2012 (PART 1)
Sign up for our newsletter!
Jason Woodside, Judith Charles Gallery, July 2014
- Performance Art at Mixed Greens Gallery A Botero Piece at Sundaram Tagore Gallery for Chelsea Art Walk 2014 Last July… »
- Seeing summer group exhibitions in New York is like maintaining a steady exercise routine or going to family reunions -… »
- Ever Blossoming Life (Gold) A group of Japanese artists known as teamLab are currently presenting a compilation of… »
- Gina Minichino, Kiss, 2011 The Curator Gallery, in Chelsea, invites various folks to curate shows on a periodic basis. The… »
- Opening night for The Second Life of Flowers by Sirikul Pattachote at the Lodge Gallery Art by Sirikul Pattachote at The… »
- July 17 2014. The evening saw the opening reception of Sophie Gaucher’s Constellations at Museum Quality, a concept space… »
- Small works on paper from Alissa Blumenthal series Work-in-progress: Istomina's new video based on the footage from… »
- Color Us Happy to be out on ART NIGHT Artist George Horner The borderline between East Side and West Side is… »
- Color Rules in the Art Shows of South Korea Mixing Art with the art crowd in South Korea * AF Editor Note: Deukyun… »
- Amorphic Form 1 (Wave), Iron Amorphic Form 3 (Claw), Bronze In the art world, to utilize the most expensive and… »