Gonzalo Andrew Penaranda was born in Queens, New York. Moved to Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. in 1992. Attended Broward Community College as an Art Major there after attending Florida International University. He currently resides in Miami, Fl.
Art was always part of his life. From learning graffiti in New York in the 80’s and collecting comic books to pop, modern and impressionism later in life. He draws from his various trips including Paris, Berlin, London, Barcelona, Osaka, Bangkok, Beijing, Bogota and other cities along with his past in his artistic vision. His works are mostly but not limited to acrylic on canvas. Has worked with glass, wood and photography.
My work is an expression of my experiences, highs and lows, and continues to evolve from year to year and series to series. From portraits, children and photographs, the goal is to find their ultimate truth. My believe that the best work comes from striving to break my boundaries and myself in my work is hopefully evident.
His contact info is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for our newsletter!
- Hito Steyerl »How Not To Be Seen. A Fucking Didactic Educatio-nal .MOV File«, 2013 (still) HD-video (still),16:9, color,… »
- Susan Breen, “Square VII”, 2015Oil on paper,12 x 12 inches; 30.48 x 30.48 cm Susan Breen, “Order of Things II”,… »
- Initially, in Japan, tattoos were reserved to mark and identify criminals. Later, apparently, middle class guys who saw… »
- Shinsui, Ito - After Bath - 1917 One of the reasons why the color red is able to arrest our attention so easily is that it… »
- The Erik Thomsen Gallery specializes in Japanese screens and scrolls. Thomsen, himself, was born to Danish parents in… »
- A guest enjoying the work of Tom Sanford Our favorite painting of this show is by Christian Rex Van Minnen Upon… »
- Painting by Logan Hicks Upon making our way through the Mondrian Hotel in Soho, we first had to wander through a vine… »
- A peek at Thursdday Art Night in Chelsea Up CLose with artist Fernando Mastrangelo The subtle beauty of work by… »
- Art stands tall at Vito Schnabel Gallery Bruce High Quality Foundation at Vito Schnabel Gallery Living the art life on… »
- There are 42 different art galleries, from several different countries, participating in this year’s Asia Week (March 13… »