Gonzalo Andrew Penaranda was born in Queens, New York. Moved to Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. in 1992. Attended Broward Community College as an Art Major there after attending Florida International University. He currently resides in Miami, Fl.
Art was always part of his life. From learning graffiti in New York in the 80’s and collecting comic books to pop, modern and impressionism later in life. He draws from his various trips including Paris, Berlin, London, Barcelona, Osaka, Bangkok, Beijing, Bogota and other cities along with his past in his artistic vision. His works are mostly but not limited to acrylic on canvas. Has worked with glass, wood and photography.
My work is an expression of my experiences, highs and lows, and continues to evolve from year to year and series to series. From portraits, children and photographs, the goal is to find their ultimate truth. My believe that the best work comes from striving to break my boundaries and myself in my work is hopefully evident.
His contact info is: email@example.com
Sign up for our newsletter!
Antonio Petracca, Kim Foster Gallery, October 2014
Julien Levy, Garis & Hahn, October 2014
COJO, Castle Fitzjohns Gallery, September 2014
Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Leila Heller Gallery, September 2014
- Moyra Davey, Diaries III, 2014, Digital C-print, tape, postage, ink, 12 x 18 inches Moyra Davey Burn the Diaries ICA… »
- In 1984 E.O. Wilson wrote the book Biophilia, which theorized that there was an inherent attraction that humans felt toward… »
- Studying details in the art of Antonio Petracca Close Up detail on the work of Antonio Petracca for Mezzogiorno Artist… »
- Thursday Art Night at FLOWERS Gallery Close Up Detail on work by Renny Tait It is the Major Duomo of ART Fun is on… »
- Sara MacCulloch Opening at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Thursday Art Night at 529 West 20th Street Building at Kathryn Markel… »
- Birgit Brenner, Sleep, 2014,Wood, paint, paper, 47.2 x 24 inchesimage courtesy of Marc Straus gallery Birgit Brenner,… »
- Over the canyon, behind the pain. That's where we'll find out way home by Jay Riggio hand cut collage on vellum paper 11 x 14… »
- In Halley Zien’s current work at BravinLee programs, she uses a combination of collage and painting to create small… »
- Rima Fujita, Avidya, 68x58 inches; mixed media on canvas Michela Martello, me on, work in progress for the installation,… »
- Karen Fitzgerald, The Shy Moon, 2013 Karen Fitzgerald, Idir Eathara, 2012 The NYOC Gallery is pleased to present… »